Kobe Trade Offers per Ric Bucher

Kobe Trade Offers per Ric Bucher

Postby Venti Quattro on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:25 pm

According to Ric Bucher on ESPN Sportscenter, he said Kobe was ready to begin the season with the mindset that the Los Angeles Lakers were not going to grant his wish and trade him, but now that they have mentioned the possibility, he wants it to happen as soon as possible. Here are the deals he mentioned that were discussed.

Dallas - Jason Terry and Josh Howard

Chicago - Ben Gordon, Andres Nocioni, and Tyrus Thomas

He mentioned that the Dallas offer was an actual offer and that Jerry Buss took a few days to think about it and then rejected it.

He also mentioned that the Chicago scenario is more of a discussion since the Lakers front office wants all negotiations to start with Luol Deng.
March 21, 1999:

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN
Venti Quattro

Postby TIME on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:28 pm

If those two offers are real then Dr. Buss' comment about laughable offers makes sense.
Vitti uttered three words that surely applies to how Bryant made two free throws on one leg, walked off the court on his own and processed his rehabilitation plan amid the pain, frustration and tears.

“That’s really cool.”
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Cody on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:28 pm

if either of those trades happened, all we'd be doing is handing the opposing team a championship trophy.

do you really want that?
Cody

Re: Kobe Trade Offers per Ric Bucher

Postby Punk-101 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:30 pm

Venti Quattro wrote:According to Ric Bucher on ESPN Sportscenter, he said Kobe was ready to begin the season with the mindset that the Los Angeles Lakers were not going to grant his wish and trade him, but now that they have mentioned the possibility, he wants it to happen as soon as possible.

I really think there is some truth to this.

Why? To me, it really seems as though Kobe has no interest in these first two preseason games. I know it's just the preseason. I know he shouldn't care anyway, but i see something more. I've NEVER seen kobe play like this. He looks like he doesn even care at all. He's just goofing around. Kobe has a competitive fire in pretty much all situations. These two games look like apathy to me.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby girlsfavtoy on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:33 pm

Punk-101 wrote:
Venti Quattro wrote:According to Ric Bucher on ESPN Sportscenter, he said Kobe was ready to begin the season with the mindset that the Los Angeles Lakers were not going to grant his wish and trade him, but now that they have mentioned the possibility, he wants it to happen as soon as possible.

Why? To me, it really seems as though Kobe has no interest in these first two preseason games. I know it's just the preseason. I know he shouldn't care anyway, but i see something more. I've NEVER seen kobe play like this. He looks like he doesn even care at all. He's just goofing around. Kobe has a competitive fire in pretty much all situations. These two games look like apathy to me.

Right... 17 in the first qrt... in the first game...

Then 8 assists in the other.

You do know kobe has a different role this year right... to be a facilitator.
Kobe -- Only professional Athelete ever to lose to a retard.
girlsfavtoy

Postby wallangong on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:33 pm

i find it funny how Lamar is so "mentally weak", yet his name has been thrown around trade scenarios for years and he still comes and gives his 100% every night. you can question his aggression and focus, but he still gives his all.

kobe hears the word "trade" and all of a sudden stops trying?
***i can't watch the preseason games so im going off of others***

im one to think this whole thing is being blown out of proportion and there's nothing new here, but if he really is going to pull a VC then get him out of here. i'd rather have "winners"
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby Combobreaker on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:35 pm

Amare or no trade
Combobreaker

Postby lakerzkb8 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:36 pm

I agree PUNK- 101, his demeanor at training camp looks pretty lathargic too. Hes usually making comments left and right and taking lead, but hes been really behind the scenes this season during training camp.

Also, if you go over to kb24.com , his site even posted what Buss said and Kobe's response to it, and they were like see how "fans are reacting by clicking here" Like seriously, WTF is that for?? Its as if the people who manage his website have been given the nod to act like the media and turn this into something its not and inevitably force a trade
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'! - Chick Hearn RIP
lakerzkb8

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:37 pm

Its funny that Ric has resurfaced now that Buss made his comment. Good ole Ric trying to save face still.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Punk-101 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:39 pm

girlsfavtoy wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:

Right... 17 in the first qrt... in the first game...

Then 8 assists in the other.

You do know kobe has a different role this year right... to be a facilitator.

Kobe only took one shot in the first quarter of the first game. he scored 17 in the 3rd quarter.

Kobe's averaging 5.5 turnovers in just over 20 mpg. That's incredible. Those TO's aren't bad team chemistry or rookie mistakes dropping passes. Kobe is just messing around in my eyes. He has no desire on defense and he's just being silly on offense. Of course he can sill put up some good stats when not trying cause he's that good, but im not talking about stats. I am a huge kobe fan. I take his side all the time. I DO NOT want him traded however. It saddens me a lot to see what i think im seeing. II think he wants to be traded very soon and knows he probably will be. I hope im wrong.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby ADT on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:40 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Its funny that Ric has resurfaced now that Buss made his comment. Good ole Ric trying to save face still.

Thats True!

The Dallas Deal is so weak!
Theo only way we should deal him to Chicago is if they offer Deng & Gordon both involved!

Man I dont know what to think now?
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

Formally known as: KobeOdom24/7

I Bleed Purple & Gold!!

Ship His A$$ out!
-Kobe Bryant on Andrew Bynum

ADT

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:44 pm

Deng, Ty Thomas, filler.

That's the only package I'd accept from Chicago.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby popo on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:45 pm

Howard is too much like Odom, but man Dallas with Kobe and Dirk wow scary thought. :man4:
popo

Postby ADT on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:48 pm

popo wrote:Howard is too much like Odom, but man Dallas with Kobe and Dirk wow scary thought. :man4:

Yup that would be crazy....I would prob then likely send Odom to Phx for Marion....

Terry/Fisher/Farmar
Howard/Crittenton/Evans
Walton/Radman/
Marion/Turiaf/Cook
Bynum/Kwame/Mihm
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

I Bleed Purple & Gold!!

Ship His A$$ out!

ADT

Postby Danny Ainge on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:49 pm

Barbosa, Marion, and Atlanta pick. There I said it, f Kobe :man12:
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Weezy on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:51 pm

That's a pretty good offer, but it'd be better if it were Deng, Nocioni and Thomas, I'd have a hard time saying no to that if I were the Lakers.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby 10scott10 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:54 pm

ADT wrote:
popo wrote:Howard is too much like Odom, but man Dallas with Kobe and Dirk wow scary thought. :man4:

Yup that would be crazy....I would prob then likely send Odom to Phx for Marion....

Terry/Fisher/Farmar
Howard/Crittenton/Evans
Walton/Radman/
Marion/Turiaf/Cook
Bynum/Kwame/Mihm

if cuabn calls buss to ask for kobe, he shoudl say the same thing he said when he was trading shaq. dirk as the base or no deal.
10scott10

Postby lakerholic on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:54 pm

Can the person who made the "STFU Buss" picture make one for Bucher? Because that's what he should do...
lakerholic

Postby klassix on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:54 pm

Venti Quattro wrote:According to Ric Bucher on ESPN Sportscenter, he said Kobe was ready to begin the season with the mindset that the Los Angeles Lakers were not going to grant his wish and trade him, but now that they have mentioned the possibility, he wants it to happen as soon as possible. Here are the deals he mentioned that were discussed.

Dallas - Jason Terry and Josh Howard

He mentioned that the Dallas offer was an actual offer and that Jerry Buss took a few days to think about it and then rejected it.

He also mentioned that the Chicago scenario is more of a discussion since the Lakers front office wants all negotiations to start with Luol Deng.

Both of those deals are putrid.
klassix

Postby kray28 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:59 pm

Both offers are garbage == no trade.

Lakers want Deng, Bulls and Kobe want to keep Deng == no trade

Howard + Terry for Kobe...Howard is a good key piece but no superstar, but does Terry even belong in the discussion...garbage trade == no trade.

It won't get much better, and btw Amare is pipe, plus he's already injured again. Are you sure you want to do that trade?
kray28

Postby ADT on Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:01 pm

kray28 wrote:Both offers are garbage == no trade.

Lakers want Deng, Bulls and Kobe want to keep Deng == no trade

Howard + Terry for Kobe...Howard is a good key piece but no superstar, but does Terry even belong in the discussion...garbage trade == no trade.

It won't get much better, and btw Amare is pipe, plus he's already injured again. Are you sure you want to do that trade?

Amare is Pipe? not if Kobe is in the deal! :disagree:

I Bleed Purple & Gold!!

Ship His A$$ out!

ADT

Postby Combobreaker on Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:15 pm

Amare is also 24, so his prime would intersect perfectly with Bynum and JC's prime. I think the potential reward is worth it to do this trade.
Combobreaker

Postby unpossibl1 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:19 pm

Why would the Suns offer Amare? They may or may not have offered him for KG, but if they did it's because KG could play C. If they offered Amare for Kobe the Suns would have no C. I think the Suns will offer Marion, Barbosa, and might throw in the ATL unprotected #1.
unpossibl1

Postby karacha on Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:22 pm

Great offers. Really good.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

How about this: Kobe Bryant for one random overpaid player, and two 2nd round picks?
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby purplengoldjonez on Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:25 pm

something here has to give. I am reallyl just flat out tired of all the drama.. I would like Kobe to stay in LA but only if they provide an opprotunity to win now IE.. a trade..
If the lakers are not willing to do that then as much as it hurts to say you trade him and get it done before the start of the season.

either way the drama has to stop. we have a young team and this is the last kind of publicity you want surrounding a young team.Constant negative energy is not the enviroment we need.

I am a huge fan of Kobe, but for 25+ years I have bled laker purple and gold. The name on the front of the jersey is why I am here. I just want all this garbage to stop so we can get on with why were all here.. simple..the love for the Lakers... Please stop the madness get this put to bed one way or the other.. PLEASE!
What is 17,505
purplengoldjonez

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion