Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year (Kidding, duh pg. 3)

Re: Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year

Postby kenzo on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:14 am

The Laker Link wrote:Makes sense. Kobe won't drop down to 1 million a year. I doubt he'd ask for huge money, I bet he signs for 8 million instead.

You realy believe that? :man3:
kenzo

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:17 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Can always tell those fans who basically hate Kobe.
LTLakerFan

Postby The Rock on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:22 am

Hes the best shooting guard in the League. Anywhere between $15-$17m/yr is fair IMO you still have room to sign two more max guys after that

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Nashty Gal on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:25 am

Show Kobe the money!
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby vaylen on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:27 am

It's smart for Kobe to take the position of "if I take a paycut, what will you do for me?". That way after he retires, he can have a % of the team just like Magic did.
vaylen

Postby denimPortugal on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:11 am

What he wants? Money or the 6th? C'mon...30M is way too much! LAL can't pay that, so he can wait to know if somenone pays the 30M!
denimPortugal

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:18 am

Our best form of negotiation with Kobe is improving the team.. If we can come to him & say "hey we have Melo & Lebron wanting to a form a big 3, but to do it you'll have to take 10-15M a year, so do you want these rings or an extra 5M from another team?"

If we're unable to pull something crazy like that off.. There's still no way we offer him an extension on his current deal.. Noone is worth 30M under this new CBA.. The max I'd give him is the max he can get from another team, which is around 21 or 22M I believe.
lakersin4

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:26 am

denimPortugal wrote:What he wants? Money or the 6th? C'mon...30M is way too much! LAL can't pay that, so he can wait to know if somenone pays the 30M!

Why does everybody keep coming up with those 30M? He can't get those anyway - isn't the maximum around 20? And if you watch the interview u understand his view ... it's just negotiation. they gonna meet at around 15M and that's a reasonable price (if he's back to his normal self this season).
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:14 am

DJ-RaZ-Q#24 wrote:
denimPortugal wrote:What he wants? Money or the 6th? C'mon...30M is way too much! LAL can't pay that, so he can wait to know if somenone pays the 30M!

Why does everybody keep coming up with those 30M? He can't get those anyway - isn't the maximum around 20? And if you watch the interview u understand his view ... it's just negotiation. they gonna meet at around 15M and that's a reasonable price (if he's back to his normal self this season).

He can get it, but only from us.. If we extended his current deal his 2014/2015 salary would be his 2013/2014 salary + a max raise.. I'm not sure what the numbers are next season because they aren't released yet.. but if he was a free agent today the max Kobe could get from another team is $19,181,750.. About the same as it was last year.. So I wouldn't expect much change in that.. Why would we give Kobe 32-33M next year when the most any other team could give him is 19? I would hope Kobe loves winning enough to be reasonable & take something in the 10-15M range so we can add a max player & another really good player.. But if we had to give him 20 I would still do it.. If Lebron isn't coming but you can keep Kobe + get Melo for the max, that gives us a better chance to win than using that 20M on any other player(s) available. If Kobe is taking the line of extend his current deal or he leaves, I renounce his rights the first day I can, & offer him the same max deal any other team can give him.. We can't afford to sit around & negotiate with his full cap hold stopping us from getting a max player.
lakersin4

Postby nduri on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:29 am

Amoray wrote:I told you guys many times before that the FO made huge mistake not to amnety Kobe today. If Kobe can take his parents to court for under one million, it is easy to ready about the man inside him. Kobe is a liability to the franchise going forward and they have to cat him next year. No superstar will come to Lakers to join this greedy man by nature but good player.

This was my thinking as well, if you are willing to take your parents to court for +-1mil, Vanessa ain't having that, even if he could get nearly 20 mil the following season and it not count toward the teams cap. He says he wants a couple more rings, but at what cost?
Back at'cha 24-7
nduri

Postby Pig Miller on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:40 am

kobe is smart enough to realize that a 32 year old gasol and a 40 year old nash are not the components needed for a championship squad.

there's no way kobe gets anywhere near his 30. everyone will side with the organization here when the time comes if it's between kobe getting his $30M or us getting pieces to win.

if he is willing to take $10-$12, it gives us room to be a contender right away with the pieces we need.
Pig Miller

Postby OX1947 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:59 am

Kobe, I believe was against every CBA restructure since he has been in the league. I do not think he likes not earning what he feels he is worth. If he cant take a serious pay cut, might be better he retires and goes to Europe.
OX1947

Postby ZenMaster4President on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:04 am

The amount of people in this thread I'd like to smack with keyboard is alerting. Boy, people really do hate Kobe that much.

Kobe was at least 2nd best SG in the league and yet people here think he should get 8 mil? Come on.

Since its Kobe - the mileage and usual "he is coming from injury" shouldn't apply, not from Lakers' fans at lease, ones who witnessed the man play through all.

So, second best SG in the NBA, coming from injury, but also after a lot of rest is not worth 10mil? :bang:

This is for me and puffy both.
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby Savory Griddles on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:08 am

Keep in mind Laker fans, Kobe looks at every dollar knowing Venessa will take 50 cents of it after he retires. :man5:
Savory Griddles

Postby c.Lin on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:14 am

Who in their right mind would just come out and tell management that they will take a pay cut? Like Kobe said, it is a negotiation. Kobe understands what it takes to be competitive. He understands that he may have to take less money to attract some better talent. But to just straight out say, "hey guys, just give me less money...", :man10: please. This is business. I don't think some of you guys understand that.
c.Lin

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:09 am

I'm pretty shocked at the number of people who really think there's any chance he won't take a paycut. :man10:

I'm not as shocked at the hostile tone he's receiving though. That's normal.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby 432J on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:12 am

some of you really think kobe is that stupid?
:man10:

of course he'll take a paycut. not anything outrageous but there's no way he's stupid enough not to realize that taking a paycut is the only way he'll have another chance at winning a ring
432J

Postby Aonex on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:14 am

Phew

Earlier Wednesday, Bryant was quoted by Lakers Nation, a fan website, that he wouldn't be willing to take a pay cut to stay with the Lakers. Bryant later told ESPN that he was speaking in jest.
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby khmrP on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:50 am

nobody would tell their boss "I'll take less money in the future" simple as that.
khmrP

Postby 24/23goats on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:10 am

khmrP wrote:nobody would tell their boss "I'll take less money in the future" simple as that.

Thats gotta be the dumbest thing I've read on this thread. A regular person's job has no correlation to a professional athlete's job except that they both get paid with money.

Kobe needs to take a page out of TD, and David Robinson's book about taking less and passing the torch to keep your team relevant. That being said I agree with Kobe not passing the torch to Dwight because he doesn't have the skill set to merit being the top dawg.

Kobe knows he's not gonna win if he takes all the cap again so I think he just likes to mess with everyone.
24/23goats

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:19 am

24/23goats wrote:
khmrP wrote:nobody would tell their boss "I'll take less money in the future" simple as that.

Thats gotta be the dumbest thing I've read on this thread. A regular person's job has no correlation to a professional athlete's job except that they both get paid with money.

Kobe needs to take a page out of TD, and David Robinson's book about taking less and passing the torch to keep your team relevant. That being said I agree with Kobe not passing the torch to Dwight because he doesn't have the skill set to merit being the top dawg.

Kobe knows he's not gonna win if he takes all the cap again so I think he just likes to mess with everyone.

Well that's needlessly aggressive.

You guys seem to be in agreement: Kobe's taking a paycut. No need to get snippy at each other.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kit on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:25 am

Relax, guys.
Kit

Re: Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year (Kidding, duh pg. 3)

Postby basketboy on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:35 am

lollakersnation
all i know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything.
basketboy

Postby Juronimo on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:48 am

Rooscooter wrote:Negotiation ploy?.... phooey ..... since when does Kobe "negotiate". This guy's pride is his biggest ally on the court and his biggest problem at times. He may come off 30 Million but my guess not by much. I've never thought he re-signs for 10 million and I've been told I'm nuts for that position..... I'll just bookmark this thread for future reference.... :man10:

I agree. I don't see him playing for less than $20 million per season, and if Kobe is still able to play at the level he played at last season after his achilles he'll be worth every dollar.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Re: Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year (Kidding, duh pg. 3)

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:07 am

Oh LakersNation...so gullible.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion