Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year (Kidding, duh pg. 3)

Re: Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year (Kidding, duh pg. 3)

Postby live and die in LA on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:30 am

Lakersnation and their "exclusive" interview :man10: . I didn't even know that site was still around.
User avatar
live and die in LA

 
Posts: 4842
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:23 pm

Re: Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year

Postby The Laker Link on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:56 am

kenzo wrote:
The Laker Link wrote:Makes sense. Kobe won't drop down to 1 million a year. I doubt he'd ask for huge money, I bet he signs for 8 million instead.

You realy believe that? :man3:


I think he will. I hope he does. Why wouldn't he want to. Hell, he can have 10 million or whatever. More money needs to go to get the other guys.....so that is why I think he will do it.
User avatar
The Laker Link

 
Posts: 8090
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: Orange, CA and Provo, UT

Re: Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year (Kidding, duh pg. 3)

Postby retro_nights on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:06 pm

live and die in LA wrote:Lakersnation and their "exclusive" interview :man10: . I didn't even know that site was still around.


unfortunately its probably the biggest lakers fan site right now. they're the most active on twitter/facebook and that helps tremendously, as bad as their 'news' coverage is.
---
Team lakers
User avatar
retro_nights

 
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:50 am
Location: Bay

Re: Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year (Kidding, duh pg. 3)

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:14 pm

posturing...i'm sure winning means more to Kobe than money at this point
.
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
User avatar
pound4pound1

 
Posts: 6337
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:47 am
Location: 818 LAKER NATION

Re: Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year (Kidding, duh pg. 3)

Postby slimjim on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:17 pm

Read the title. :bang: :bang:

Watch the actual interview. :man10: Not as bad as I thought. He seemed to just brush aside the question with a generic answer.
Last edited by slimjim on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
slimjim

 
Posts: 8688
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 1:31 am

Re: Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year (Kidding, duh pg. 3)

Postby JSM on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:25 pm

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 3h
Kobe's not taking a pay cut just to take a pay cut. He'll do it if it means signing LeBron or Carmelo.

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 3h
Kobe will probably lead the Lakers' recruiting pitches to LeBron and Carmelo. He loves playing with both guys.

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 3h
You'd be surprised how invested Kobe is in who takes over after him. He doesn't want the team to decline after he retires.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94002
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year (Kidding, duh pg. 3)

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:31 pm

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 3h
You'd be surprised how invested Kobe is in who takes over after him. He doesn't want the team to decline after he retires.



this is why i love that guy
.
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
User avatar
pound4pound1

 
Posts: 6337
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:47 am
Location: 818 LAKER NATION

Re: Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year (Kidding, duh pg. 3)

Postby kenzo on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:35 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:
Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 3h
You'd be surprised how invested Kobe is in who takes over after him. He doesn't want the team to decline after he retires.



this is why i love that guy

This is why he made sure Howard is gone :mhihi:
User avatar
kenzo

 
Posts: 5971
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year (Kidding, duh pg. 3)

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:37 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:
Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 3h
You'd be surprised how invested Kobe is in who takes over after him. He doesn't want the team to decline after he retires.



this is why i love that guy


He's the dad that runs off all his daughters boyfriends until the right one comes along. Dwight wasn't it, so he basically told him to take his s*** elsewhere or deal with me.

He will pass the torch to a player that earns his respect and the respect of Laker legends.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19455
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year (Kidding, duh pg. 3)

Postby ayito on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:40 pm

You guys know winning is more important to Kobe at this point, so, he is looking forward to be a free agent next year and choose where he want to be in order to win number 6, so....
...
...
.
.
.
...
...
He will join the Houston Rockets for the 14~15 campaign !!!!!! :man9: :man9: :man9:
:man12: :man12:
ayito

 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:25 pm
Location: Mare Nostrum

Re: Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year (Kidding, duh pg. 3)

Postby slimjim on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:42 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:
Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 3h
You'd be surprised how invested Kobe is in who takes over after him. He doesn't want the team to decline after he retires.



this is why i love that guy


He's the dad that runs off all his daughters boyfriends until the right one comes along. Dwight wasn't it, so he basically told him to take his s*** elsewhere or deal with me.

He will pass the torch to a player that earns his respect and the respect of Laker legends.


Agreed, agreed, and agreed.

Spot on guys! :jam2:
User avatar
slimjim

 
Posts: 8688
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 1:31 am

Re: Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year (Kidding, duh pg. 3)

Postby LakerFanIam on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:55 pm

I still have no idea how anyone could watch that interview & actually think that Kobe said he "will not take a pay cut"... I'm sure most posters only read the thread title.
Image
User avatar
LakerFanIam

 
Posts: 3679
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:31 pm
Location: Sec 117

Re: Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year (Kidding, duh pg. 3)

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:20 pm

JSM wrote:
Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 3h
Kobe's not taking a pay cut just to take a pay cut. He'll do it if it means signing LeBron or Carmelo.

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 3h
Kobe will probably lead the Lakers' recruiting pitches to LeBron and Carmelo. He loves playing with both guys.

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 3h
You'd be surprised how invested Kobe is in who takes over after him. He doesn't want the team to decline after he retires.

Hold on, hold on, hold up...

If we have Melo, LeBron, and Kobe... who's team is it? :man12:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40329
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year

Postby kray28 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:24 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:Can always tell those fans who basically hate Kobe.


Yeah, this board has a bunch of them...a big reason I have basically left the board.
Image
User avatar
kray28

 
Posts: 21238
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year (Kidding, duh pg. 3)

Postby OX1947 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:26 pm

Get Lebron over here and Kobe probably plays 2 more years after he hits his 20th season. Plus, BSPN would change their news station to LSPN. We wouldnt need TWC anymore.
OX1947

 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:48 am

Re: Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year

Postby OX1947 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:28 pm

kray28 wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:Can always tell those fans who basically hate Kobe.


Yeah, this board has a bunch of them...a big reason I have basically left the board.


At least on this board you can say "damn" without getting banded for life.
OX1947

 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:48 am

Re: Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year

Postby DanielBeltz24 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:49 pm

OX1947 wrote:
kray28 wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:Can always tell those fans who basically hate Kobe.


Yeah, this board has a bunch of them...a big reason I have basically left the board.


At least on this board you can say "damn" without getting banded for life.


You're "banded" now.
DanielBeltz24

 
Posts: 731
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:34 pm

Re: Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year (Kidding, duh pg. 3)

Postby JSM on Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:13 pm

therealdeal wrote:Hold on, hold on, hold up...

If we have Melo, LeBron, and Kobe... who's team is it?

Dwight's. After the Houston experiment fails, he'll ask to come back but only of all three of them are amnestied.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94002
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year (Kidding, duh pg. 3)

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:15 pm

JSM wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Hold on, hold on, hold up...

If we have Melo, LeBron, and Kobe... who's team is it?

Dwight's. After the Houston experiment fails, he'll ask to come back but only of all three of them are amnestied.

:man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40329
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year (Kidding, duh pg. 3)

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:24 pm

kenzo wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:
Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 3h
You'd be surprised how invested Kobe is in who takes over after him. He doesn't want the team to decline after he retires.



this is why i love that guy

This is why he made sure Howard is gone :mhihi:


That odd condition with the eyes in your avatar says it all. :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

Thank you Kobe.
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6381
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year

Postby OX1947 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:23 pm

DanielBeltz24 wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
kray28 wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:Can always tell those fans who basically hate Kobe.


Yeah, this board has a bunch of them...a big reason I have basically left the board.


At least on this board you can say "damn" without getting banded for life.


You're "banded" now.


banned....butthole.
OX1947

 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:48 am

Re: Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year (Kidding, duh pg. 3)

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:31 pm

If anyone still has an issue with what Kobe said yesterday it is clearly a negociating tactic, Kobe even says it himself. Don't believe me just watch this video:

Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters 5h

Just for the record - Kobe did not mention a specific #, or even hint at money being an issue for his Lakers future - http://youtu.be/65ICQCfvv70


Starts at 2:40



He'll obviously be willing to sign for $10-15 million or so if it means we can get 1-2 max players as well. Kobe knows what he's doing and just wants to win more than anything but also knows he deserves to make some money as well.
Last edited by Battle Tested20 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11670
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Kobe Will NOT Take A Paycut Next Year (Kidding, duh pg. 3)

Postby DarthRekal on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:37 pm

is LakersNation going the ESPN route.. and reporting negative stuff just to get the attention?
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

Image
Image
User avatar
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster
 
Posts: 21536
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:44 pm
Location: In The Refridgerator

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.