Kobes Staredown The Clown

Re: Kobes Staredown The Clown

Postby Tobias Funke on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:04 am

I stare at Brown the exact same way.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:08 am

TrillyandTruly wrote:

I have no problems with Mike Brown at all," Buss said. "He just works too hard and he's too knowledgeable for this to be happening.

Brown...knowledgeable? Really?

So either the system is flawed or something's going on.

Both the offense and the coach is flawed.

I know if we're 1-15, I don't think that would be very good. I'm sure that would be a panic button. But at this time, I'm fine with what's going on. It's a learning process for the players.

Wrong. Pre-season was learning time. It's now time to take in what we've learned (which seemed like nothing as far as rotations and coaching goes) and play with some heart and determination.

I'm not a basketball mind like he is or the players are, and the players are fine with it, so I just have to be patient.

Brown does not have a basketball mind. And I'm not too sure if the players are really "fine" with it after their performance tonight. They played with no passion, had poor body languages and that Mamba stare says it all.

the only way i can wrap my head around anyone calling mike brown knowledgeable is that maybe mike brown is "book smart" when it comes to basketball. after all we know he loves his dvd's and score sheets. and maybe that's how he was able to wow jim buss in his interview, with numbers and statistics flourished with a lot of flowery mumbojumbo. but as we all probably know, book smarts can only take you so far in certain situations, and sometimes it's street smarts that end up being more appropriate, marketable, and successful. street smarts, to me, represents a mixture of common sense and the ability to be in tune with what's going on around you, along with the ability to adapt to those ever-changing circumstances. mike brown does not have this when it comes to basketball. that is why i consider him to be a dilettante and a terrible coach for this particular team, and it's probably why he won't be anything more than a below average/average nba coach.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:18 am

^^ I agree with that. When you hear Brown speak he does come across as knowing what he's talking about. And I do think he's book smart and analytical. But I also agree that he doesn't seem to have that intuitive coaching gene, that common sense to know what to do and/or when to do it. It just seems to be missing with him.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby gradymac on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:32 am

god dam it can we get rid of this loser b4 its too late.
gradymac

Postby Lakers808 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:45 am

you could tell kobe was trying really hard to win this game at the end, felt bad for him
Lakers808

Postby Lakeshow24 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:56 am

Yeah, if the Lakers don't notch at least 2 wins in the next 3 games... Mike Clown is ghost.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby Balance&Options24 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:07 am

Kobe Bryant - G - Lakers
During Wednesday's game Kobe Bryant was visibly frustrated, at one point staring down coach Mike Brown when he was taken out of the game in the 4th quarter.
This is the first time in Kobe's Lakers career that he's fallen to 1-4 and his ailing injury is obviously doing him no favors. While Brown has said he intends to monitor Kobe's minutes, he may think twice before leaving the star out of the last minutes of crunch time.
Source: ESPN Nov 8 - 9:36 AM
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby nameant on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:11 am

As much as we clowned on Mike Brown when he was with the Cavs...it is absolutely embarrassing that the LOS ANGELES LAKERS chose this guy to be their coach. Kobe at the end of his career, the amount of talent we have (and brought in), and the front office thinks Mike Brown is the right guy for this job. If we had Phil Jackson right now, a title would be as close to a lock as a title could be...but with Mike Brown we look like a 2nd tier team.
nameant

Postby 432J on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:12 am

yessss it was brown! :jam2:

not only is brown ruining this team, but jim buss's loyalty to the clown is ruining this team as well. it's obvious the team needs a coaching change and he's still saying he's 100% behind brown. at some point you need to admit you're wrong man, for the good of this team
432J

Postby venom110 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:36 am

Maybe Jim's statements are like that College Football and NFL vote of confidence that always precedes a coach getting canned midseason or shortly into the offseason. With it coming this early, if nothing changes by this weekend, expect an announcement to follow really soon...
venom110

Postby Thenextgreat on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:39 am

Maybe this fool is trying to get fired...I mean he is playing Darius Morris!?!...Darius Morris couldn't get back up minutes on the Defenders...
Thenextgreat

Postby kray28 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:49 am

gradymac wrote:god dam it can we get rid of this loser b4 its too late.

Never have Laker fans been so unified. Each game that goes by it just gets stronger.
kray28

Postby karacha on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:15 am

Kobe is going to pull a Sprewell.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:39 am

Lakerjones wrote:^^ I agree with that. When you hear Brown speak he does come across as knowing what he's talking about. And I do think he's book smart and analytical. But I also agree that he doesn't seem to have that intuitive coaching gene, that common sense to know what to do and/or when to do it. It just seems to be missing with him.

I dont get that at all, I dont see to many HC press conference but the one thing I do notice is Brown consistency with "box-score" reading. He is the only HC I've ever notice that has the box-score in hand and incesently goes to it when asked a question. So rather then speak of changes to game play he explains the teams deficiency with box-score reading and just regurgitate the same stale cliches statement such as we gota make shots, we gota get less TO and he'll read off his box score bout who has how many TO, etc.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:47 am

^ There's an interview somewhere from Lakers.com I think that really shows how knowledgeable Brown is about the sport. He knows his stuff, he studies the game.

But like LJ said, he doesn't know how to coach. A librarian may know all there is to know about written text, that doesn't mean they know how to write.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:52 am

nameant wrote:As much as we clowned on Mike Brown when he was with the Cavs...it is absolutely embarrassing that the LOS ANGELES LAKERS chose this guy to be their coach. Kobe at the end of his career, the amount of talent we have (and brought in), and the front office thinks Mike Brown is the right guy for this job. If we had Phil Jackson right now, a title would be as close to a lock as a title could be...but with Mike Brown we look like a 2nd tier team.

Karma, shouldn't have made fun of his tenure in Clev :man10:
khmrP

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:17 am

khmrP wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:^^ I agree with that. When you hear Brown speak he does come across as knowing what he's talking about. And I do think he's book smart and analytical. But I also agree that he doesn't seem to have that intuitive coaching gene, that common sense to know what to do and/or when to do it. It just seems to be missing with him.

I dont get that at all, I dont see to many HC press conference but the one thing I do notice is Brown consistency with "box-score" reading. He is the only HC I've ever notice that has the box-score in hand and incesently goes to it when asked a question. So rather then speak of changes to game play he explains the teams deficiency with box-score reading and just regurgitate the same stale cliches statement such as we gota make shots, we gota get less TO and he'll read off his box score bout who has how many TO, etc.

khmrP - I agree that Brown is a terrible post game interview - just reading the box scores and often answering questions with "I don't know" or "I have to watch the tape." I was really hating on him with all of that.

But Finwë posted a long interview with him that kind of helped me to understand why Jim Buss fell for him. As real deal said, he comes across as really knowledgeable and well spoken. The problem here is that disconnect between what he knows or understands and what he's capable of getting out of the players and out of himself as coach when he's on the floor. I agree with many that he seems like a really good guy. But you just can't dismiss the fact that the team has looked completely out of sorts this year, unorganized, tired, sloppy. It's just a mess on both ends and I highly doubt that Brown can pull this back together.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:40 am

I just watched the replay at the end of Chook's highlights.

I'm pretty sure that was Chuck because Brown comes walking into the huddle a second after Kobe looks away.

edit:
here you go:

Kobe sees a man in a blue suit walk by towards the other end of the bench and stares at him. They switch the camera view and show Chuck standing there talking to the guys on the bench. Then Brown comes walking in from out on the court in the same colored suit. If it were Brown walking by Kobe, he'd have been in the area that Chuck is, not out on the court.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:47 am

therealdeal wrote:^ There's an interview somewhere from Lakers.com I think that really shows how knowledgeable Brown is about the sport. He knows his stuff, he studies the game.

But like LJ said, he doesn't know how to coach. A librarian may know all there is to know about written text, that doesn't mean they know how to write.

I believe the word is "intuitive"...on in layman's terms "common sense"?
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:48 am

Kobe has no reason to be staring at Chuck like that
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:56 am

gcclaker wrote:
therealdeal wrote:^ There's an interview somewhere from Lakers.com I think that really shows how knowledgeable Brown is about the sport. He knows his stuff, he studies the game.

I believe the word is "intuitive"...on in layman's terms "common sense"?

yes sir. He has no feel for the game itself. He'd probably make a great analyst somewhere because he knows the game. Probably more of a blogger though since he isn't a great speaker.

Either way, he's not a good coach. It's why he surrounds himself with offensive coordinators and it's why he's struggled with this team.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby jOeyB7000 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:16 pm

jOeyB7000

Postby last stand on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:17 pm

everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby DarthRekal on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:23 pm

:man10:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby trodgers on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:31 pm

:man10:
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion