Kupchack won't be confused with West

Kupchack won't be confused with West

Postby Chick-n-Stew on Sun May 18, 2003 6:44 pm

So far, not so good. :man7: Most of his deals have been big busts. (not the good kind LOL)
I know that you don't want to mess with championship chemistry, but we barely squeeked by last playoffs. That should have been the wake up call.
He's got his work cut out for himself now. He must convince Jerry Buss to cut loose a few more bucks to stay competetive while Shaq has still got his wheels.

GO LAKERS
Chick-n-Stew

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun May 18, 2003 6:58 pm

No no, He wanted to keep the Cast together. You owe it to a dynasty, you can't just break up the team. Sure he made some bad desicions, but it will now be time to see if he really is the GM we all hope for...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Chick-n-Stew on Mon May 19, 2003 8:13 am

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:No no, He wanted to keep the Cast together. You owe it to a dynasty, you can't just break up the team. Sure he made some bad desicions, but it will now be time to see if he really is the GM we all hope for...

That is for sure LD2k. I wasn't thinking of breaking up the squad as much as bringing in a proven PF and another PG over the last couple of years.
GO LAKERS
Chick-n-Stew

West

Postby Guest on Mon May 19, 2003 8:19 am

PLEASE try to remember something: Jerry West made some bad moves himself.
- Traded Van Exel for Battie and then gave Battie to Boston for big white guy who sucked (forgot his name). Battie would be good in LA right now (as would Van Exel)

- Traded Elden Campbell and Eddie Jones for Rice (think they wouldn't have helped this year?)

Yes, I know West is the best GM in history, but no one is perfect and I'm sure he was just as frustrated with Buss as Mitch is. GM doesn't have option of telling world how cheap his boss is.

Postby LakerPride on Mon May 19, 2003 9:28 am

kobegotskillz,

Read my article......West isn't as stupid as you might think
-LakerPride
LakerPride

Re: West

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon May 19, 2003 3:58 pm

kobegotskillz wrote:PLEASE try to remember something: Jerry West made some bad moves himself.
- Traded Van Exel for Battie and then gave Battie to Boston for big white guy who sucked (forgot his name). Battie would be good in LA right now (as would Van Exel)

- Traded Elden Campbell and Eddie Jones for Rice (think they wouldn't have helped this year?)

Yes, I know West is the best GM in history, but no one is perfect and I'm sure he was just as frustrated with Buss as Mitch is. GM doesn't have option of telling world how cheap his boss is.

Yea we got Travis Knight (the big white guy) who warmed the bench pretty good! :man1: But along with Rice we got Reid, who a pretty decent jump shooter. But we had to get rid of EJ and Nick the Quick becuz we were gonna make Kobe the man next to Shaq. West had faith in Kobe, and we knew what he had in Kobe. That's why we had to get rid of them. Sure they'd be good with the Lakers, but Kobe prolly wouldn't have developed if West wouldn't have done this too....
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon May 19, 2003 4:10 pm

The problem isn't Kupchak, it is the Salary Cap (44 mil) and the Luxury Tax (54 mil) in tandem that are preventing us from getting any quality players. We are stuck where we are because of Shaq's contract and blaming that on Mitch won't accomplish anything...
Snakell Beast

Postby Chick-n-Stew on Tue May 20, 2003 11:27 am

quoting LG'03". But we had to get rid of EJ and Nick the Quick becuz we were gonna make Kobe the man next to Shaq. West had faith in Kobe, and we knew what he had in Kobe."

Also remember Del Harris could'nt handle "Quick" and asked his buddy Jerry to cut him loose.
Buss used to be known for his open wallet. It is the cap and that damn luxury tax that is cramping his wallet. Shaq gets paid enough for 2 players and 100 CL posters. HMMMMM..Showing up in shape might not be to much to ask.
Go LAKERS...........
"This game is in the refrigerator"
Chick-n-Stew

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue May 20, 2003 7:44 pm

For that kinda money, hell nah it's not askin too much to come back in shape!! :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Return to Lakers Discussion