labron a laker??

labron a laker??

Postby lakers frizzo on Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:28 pm

i know ive said this before but what the hell.... i seriously think that if the lakers win the next three titles and labron progresses as expected that IF shaq retires in 2006 (the year labrons contract is up, he signed a three year rookie deal) that the lakers will try to spend all or most of that cash to get a deal done with labron and bring showtime back to la. look at the lakers history of the last thirty years.... everytime a major player goes out they go out and get the best player available and this may be way premature but i think that will be labron james and hell the lakers will have more than 30 million to spend in free agency. just a thought but what do ya think? could you imagine labron with #23 and kobe with #8? that would be scary as hell to defend
is shaq satisfied with three titles and continuing to blow up to 400 lbs or will he get the other hunger back and get down to 320 and win three more?? GO LAKERS 2004-06 CHAMPS!!!
lakers frizzo

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:48 pm

Hey we can all dream, but I want King James to prove his royalty first. I'm not one to buy into all this hype about him. If he puts on some weight he would be a perfect mold for SF cuz SG is already taken by the MAN himself. But yea, that would be a great pick up in 2006 but only if he proves himself as SF.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:01 pm

Lebron is just all hype this year. trust me if he even does above average this coming season the media will jump out the band wagon. The media is expecting a savior of the NBA in Lebron, but they already have that in KOBE. To me, this time next year... everyone will be hyping up another Kid, ready to proclaim another as the next big thing. Its just the way it is. It wasn't too long ago when Kwame Brown, Miles, R. Lewis was fuzzed about..... now they're just mediocre players at best...
So 3 years from now... you might not actually want Lebron with the Lakers... by that time you might want somebody else who the MEDIA is hyping up.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:10 pm

#1 Kobe Fan is totally right about not only Lebron, but the freakin media. You heard about this 13 year old that Nike paid a million dollar contract to...What's the story on him?
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakers frizzo on Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:20 pm

can you blame the nba though look at tmac, kg, kobe, amare, and a host of others can you think of any??
is shaq satisfied with three titles and continuing to blow up to 400 lbs or will he get the other hunger back and get down to 320 and win three more?? GO LAKERS 2004-06 CHAMPS!!!
lakers frizzo

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:12 pm

for every KOBE there are 10 Leon Smiths .... all hopefull highschoolers who goes undrafted and or fail the rigors of the NBA. In Leons case he wanted to commit suicide. What kind of [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] is that. Anyways.... They might as well do away with college ball because in the near future there will be no one else left to recruit. Everyone will already be playing in the NBA.
My point was this. Why should we look 3 years into the future when Lebrons contract expires. The season hasn't even started and we don't know if he is going to pan out. Lets just wait until 2 years before people should start suggesting to make him a LAKER. Who knows.... by that time maybe we'll need a big man instead of another backcourt player... we already have the best in KOBE.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:03 am

Vasashi17,

The 13 year old NIke signed is Freddy Adou, a soccer phenom. He is suppose to bring the World Cup Title to the United States when he gets older. Once again, the media puts too much hype, as Adou, like James, is proclaimed to be the saviour.
Last edited by Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Vasashi17 on Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:10 am

Thanks Kobe-One for clearing that up
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:23 am

I guess for every Kobe Bryant, Tracy Mcgrady, and Kevin Garnett, there are.....

............Lenny Cooke, Korleone Young, and Dangelo Collins.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Roscoe on Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:27 am

Whatabout that three year old who signed with Reebok...
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby lakers frizzo on Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:49 am

you do have a point, but look at it besides duncan what up and coming stars does the league have that played four years in college? and how many up and coming stars do they have that made the jump from hs?
and dont forget that there is more of a percentage of nba busts out of college than out of hs right?
ps i love this website!! and i hope yall appreciate all the heart in all the people that post on it cause they all are part of a great franchise!!

i wonder how long till the college players will be able to get jobs and endorsments so the ncaa can compete with players wanting to make the jump if they dont the ncaa tournament will get less and less talent right!!!!
wonder if anyone else has even stated that fact?
lakers frizzo

Postby SWOL on Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:45 pm

most of the guys who go 4 years and bust....were not good enough to come after thier softmore or junior season......If the HS busts had just spent one or even 2 years in college they would be far better off ala Carmelo, Stephon, Abdur-Rahim, Odom, Maggette......If you last 4 years in college now days you are not that good , if you were, you would have bolted and took the loot earlier
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:52 pm

It's just all hype... How come the media didn't much that much hype into Melo, and he played college ball, and lead his team to win the NCAA championship in his 1st season, and was named the mvp of that game... If anything, Melo did a lot more, and just by playin college ball, he's more ready to play in the NBA cuz the competition of college ball is more closer than HS ball.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Vasashi17 on Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:53 pm

Well the topic of a HS player wont effect us, becuz West is gone and with him he took his creative mind that landed us Kobe in the first place. With Kupchak he just doesnt think like the great one. And back in 96 we did not have PJ, but with him to possibly sign a three year coaching extension he will keep bringin in rookies with either a partial or full college experience as proven in this last draft with cook and walton. Hey I do agree alot of college players go bust, but in our offense, which is a mental offense HSers would just hinder our potential. We need great mental players as well as athletic players and those can only be found in College players. However after 2006, it can be a completely different story.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby SWOL on Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:53 pm

i think melo not lebron will be rookie of the year
SWOL

Postby lakers frizzo on Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:33 pm

me too swol mello will get arenas but they wont be cometitors for at least three years denver keeps screwing things up every year like the clippers and warriors
lakers frizzo

Postby SWOL on Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:55 pm

yeah but Kiki has done some positive things....watching them some last year, one thing they did on a consistant basis was play thier [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] off....he dumped McCripped and got Nene Hilario, that was a steal, Nene has game....if they get Arenas Maggette and Zo like they are trying to do, to go with Melo and Nene and the Euro they got last year, they arent that different than the other teams going for the 8th seed next year....Plus they got the new UCLA uniforms (check out thier web site on NBA.com)
SWOL

Postby TheZen on Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:20 am

swolswol wrote:i think melo not lebron will be rookie of the year

I totally agree swol. Melo has shown he could take a team to the Big Dance and win it all. He has played his game against guys who are built like him and even more. His skills were greatly shown against college veterans. Lebron had unbelievable (i'm exaggerating) stats for playing guys who are half his size and half his talent. To put him up against someone in the NBA, he'll be a chump like when Joe Smith was picked #1. :pee7:
TheZen

Postby SWOL on Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:42 am

iam not saying he'll be that bad.....but it will take time.....they only HS player to even start if my memory serves correct was Amare Stoudemire....Iam not not saying he wont be a superstar.....just not next year
SWOL

Return to Lakers Discussion