Laker, Hawks trade possibilities

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:31 pm

Well, as long as we aren't contacting the Hawks to discuss free agents, I think we would be in the clear to offer them the trade...
Snakell Beast

Postby Dejaman on Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:09 am

Forget Ratliffe? Are you kidding me? I can't think of anyone who would be a better fit in the Laker scheme than Theo.
He blocks shots. Many shots.
He dosen't need the ball to be effective.
He blocks shots.
He is a tremendous rebounder.
Did i mention he blocks shots.

We don't need JHoward. He's a puss and we don't need a power forward without any.....well....power/balls etc. We may as well as keep Horry for that.
Sure he's got a little prissy offensive game. But that's the least thing we need from the 4 spot.

Say no to JHoward/Karl (I don't want to be on the court with Magic) Falone/ GPayton( I luv GP but he's not right 4 the lakers)/Scottie Crybaby Pippen/ Antonio no-game Daniels/.

Say YES to GArenas/ Jason (i can play well even though my teammates suck)Terry/ TRatliffe / CMAgette / and yes to signing J.KApono as a free agent. (I played against him in high school, and I've never witnessed a cleaner jumper than his)
Dejaman

Postby Guest on Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:54 pm

Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Hawks president Stan Kasten said Monday that the Hawks will tender a qualifying contract offer to restricted free agent point guard Jason Terry as early as today, which will give the team the right to match any offer Terry receives from another team this summer.

Under the NBA's contract structure, the Hawks must offer Terry only a one-year deal at about $2.93 million by June 30. Theys are free to negotiate a more lucrative deal beginning July 1.

If the Hawks don't make the qualifying offer, Terry would become an unrestricted free agent with the freedom to sign with the team of his choice.

Taken with the 10th pick in 1999, Terry has averaged 18.7 points per game in the past three seasons. Last season, he averaged a career-high 7.4 assists per game. Terry has been adamant about wanting to return to the Hawks.

Kasten said a decision on the Hawks' other restricted free agent, Dion Glover, "has a couple of elements involved." Glover ,the 20th pick of the 1999, had somewhat of a breakout season, overcoming injuries to start a career-high 42 games and average 9.7 points per game.

Postby zetaw00d on Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:56 pm

forgot to log in last post was mine.
zetaw00d

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:44 pm

I hope he becomes an unrestricted free agent...that would be awesome, then we would not need a trade to get him...
Snakell Beast

Postby zetaw00d on Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:29 am

Hahah,. The hawks have to only give him a qualifying offer a one-year deal at about $2.93 million by June 30. I think he has to sign it, then next year he will be an unrestricted free agent next year. The same thing happened last year to the candi man. Now he is an unrestricted free agent and can sign with any team at any price the wants to.
zetaw00d

Postby ZenMaster on Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:15 am

Well this is interesting...
if he signs this one-year deal, we may as well not trade for him, he will be an unrestricted free agent in a year and we will be back in the same boat we are now, looking for a decent PG. If he does not sign this one-year deal, if he tries for a bigger contract and the Hawks agree and get it done, then maybe we can work something out...better to wait and see what happens. Also that will give us a little more time to see what GP finally decides, Arenas too...
ZenMaster

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion