Laker Summer FAQ (Read 1st post on pg. 1, then ask Qs, thx)

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:11 pm

richsmith wrote:You guys are being generous with all the predictions of a first-round ouster. On paper, right now, the Lakers will be lucky to make the playoffs at all.
I see that as highly possible. I think we will do our usual barely make it to the first round quick exit, but it would not surprise me if we don't make it at all.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby richsmith on Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:26 pm

Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, Phoenix and Utah are locks. Denver and Golden State are not really much better or worse than they were last year, but should build off their late-season success and comfortably fill the 6 or 7 spots. Those seven teams are undeniably better than the Lakers as things stand. Which leaves us in a dogfight for the last spot with the Clippers, the improved Hornets, and perhaps the Grizzlies. Nice to see that the perennial expectations for our once-great franchise have plummeted so drastically.
richsmith

Postby sister golden hair on Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:10 pm

Sky,

Should I take the blue pill or the red pill?

SGH
sister golden hair

Postby Sky on Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:25 pm

The cyanide-flavored one.
Sky
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Tradeodom on Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:40 pm

Can't wait...

:jam2:
FISH OR FAMINE, LAKERS 4 LIFE!
Tradeodom

Postby Q Deezy on Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:05 am

Tradeodom wrote:Can't wait...

NEVER!!!!!! :hurl:
Q Deezy

Postby LaLaKeRz4LiFe on Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:55 am

Q Deezy wrote:
Tradeodom wrote:Can't wait...

NEVER!!!!!! :hurl:
:disagree: :disagree: :disagree: :disagree: :disagree:
LaLaKeRz4LiFe

Postby Tinplate on Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:23 am

Sky --

With the KG pipe finally smoked out, and Cleveland now needing to do something at risk of a first or second round exit at Boston's hands, I'm wondering if there's any interest in moving Gooden for Brown & Farmar (with fillers to taste, maybe include Cook and get back something like Newble & Wesley or Snow?). Brown defends KG pretty well, Farmer would probably step right in and start (taking a lot of the ball handling load off James), and with Varajao coming on it looks like Gooden's days in Cleveland are numbered anyway. Gooden in purple & gold would improve rebounding and let Odom slide to the wing. Gooden ain't exactly JO or even Camby, and its not the home run everybody wants, but his contract's not bad, he defends fours better than Odom and has better hands than Brown, and with Farmar seemingly being the odd man out it seems in general like an improvement on both sides of the ball. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Tinplate

Postby Sky on Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:26 am

There's talk of Gooden to Golden State for part of the Warriors' trade X.
Sky
Clublakers Analyst

Postby crucifixion on Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:02 am

Sky,

Anyway you think these two deals could happen?

Kwame/Bynum/Critt/filler for JO
Farmar/Cook/McKie+$3M/2008 1st for Al Harrington

So we'd have

Fish / Sasha
Kobe / Mo
AH / Luke
LO / Vlad
JO / Mihm
Odom Light: Less filling, Wastes great
crucifixion

Postby thewill on Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:13 am

sky, would the clippers and lakers ever trade with each other? here is my new pipe dream.

brand for brown, farmar, radman, and 1st rd
thewill

Postby NotCreative24 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:13 am

Sky any truth behind Indiana would accept a Bynum package without LO??
NotCreative24

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:14 am

thewill wrote:sky, would the clippers and lakers ever trade with each other? here is my new pipe dream.

McHale wouldn't even do that deal with Ainge.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby mixtim on Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:32 am

Assuming Doc Buss is still unwilling to trade Kobe ( only God knows where the truth is on that regard, we can only speculate) what is the best offer the FO could raise moving Odom?
mixtim

Postby thewill on Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:49 am

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
thewill wrote:sky, would the clippers and lakers ever trade with each other? here is my new pipe dream.

so what would be a good deal for brand?
thewill

Postby nomoreshaq on Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:55 am

sky, how bout this 3-way (some guy on topbuzz said there was a potential 3 way btwn la/chicago and indy)

to LA: JO
to Chicago: Vlad Rad
To Indiana: Bynum, Farmar. Duhon, Griffin, Brown

for la: we get jo for bynum, farmar, kwame and vlad rad. i'm sold on it.
for chicago: duhon and griffin for vlad? i think they'd do it, thats quite a good trade for them i would think.
for indy: bynum and farmar round out their core and they get duhon to boot, giving them real incentive to just buy out tinsley.

post trade:

mihm
jo/turiaf/cook
lo/walton
kobe/evans
fisher/crittenton/sasha

i'm sold on it. if we can get another center to backup mihm (webber?), then we'd look pretty solid i think.
nomoreshaq

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:57 am

thewill wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:

so what would be a good deal for brand?

Nothing outside of Kobe would land us Brand. Hell, with Kobe it'd be a long shot IMO.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby D Nice on Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:55 am

Sky, after KG just went for Jeff, Green, cap space, and a couple picks, can we land JO for Bynum, Crittenton, Cap Space, and a Pick of our own?

Bynum, Crittenton, McKie (3mil-BO), Brown, Sasha for JO, Harrison?
D Nice

Postby thestales1 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:18 pm

NotCreative24 wrote:Sky any truth behind Indiana would accept a Bynum package without LO??

I also want to know this?

Also, to clarify:

Rush was the Prince mistake, Cook was the Barbosa AND JOSH HOWARD.
The Sky says "You can scheme til' your blue. Junk defenders get torched. The End."
thestales1

Postby The Maverick on Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:21 pm

LMAO
The Maverick
Australia's Lakers Rep

Postby jlkr on Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:50 pm

Lakerfantilidie wrote:Choice 2: Take the best deal for him. Right now, I hate to admit it, cause I hate them so much, but......the best deal is to offer him up to Phoenix. Amare, Barbosa, and the Atlanta 1st round pick for next year is the price tag. Phoenix will bark at the deal to see if we will lower, but if we stick to it, they would love to have Kobe, I could see them taking the Lakers up on it.

No way Phoenix does that one: in a conference where the top teams all have All-Star quality post players, Phoenix needs to keep their All-Star big to have a chance of getting past their rivals to the Finals. And there's no depth behind Amare since Kurt Thomas is gone. Put down that pipe...
jlkr

Postby jlkr on Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:58 pm

D Nice wrote:Sky, after KG just went for Jeff, Green, cap space, and a couple picks, can we land JO for Bynum, Crittenton, Cap Space, and a Pick of our own?

Bynum, Crittenton, McKie (3mil-BO), Brown, Sasha for JO, Harrison?

That's barely enough going out for JO, may not enough for JO+Harrison.

Also it may not work for Buss financially because (1), the Lakers take back more in salary than they give; then (2), they still have to sign more vet min players to fill out the roster. These two factors together will lead to a bigger lux tax hit. And they've stripped out their depth at center to accompish this so there's no guarantee they even make it to the WCF's. Buss won't pay more lux tax hit for that.

I keep saying it over and over again, if JO is coming, then LO is going. Just no other way to make it work both roster-wise for Indy and financially for Lakers. Just have to keep Bynum out of the trade.
jlkr

Postby gng930 on Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:33 pm

To get JO, why not split Odom into multiple assets to make the deal more fair for both sides?

#1: Odom for RJ, Marcus Williams; RJ to L.A., Marcus to Indy
#2: Odom for Harrington, Belinelli; Harrinton to L.A., Belinelli to Indy
#3: Odom for Battier, Head, Snyder: Battier to L.A., Head and Snyder to Indy

The rest of the deal would involve Bynum, Kwame, Crit, JO, and Foster with whatever fillers are needed to complete the deal.

Foster, Mihm
JO, Turiaf, Cook
RJ/Battier/Harringon, Luke, Vlad
Kobe, Evans
Fish, Farmar
gng930

Postby Tradeodom on Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:30 pm

gng930 wrote:To get JO, why not split Odom into multiple assets to make the deal more fair for both sides?

#1: Odom for RJ, Marcus Williams; RJ to L.A., Marcus to Indy
#2: Odom for Harrington, Belinelli; Harrinton to L.A., Belinelli to Indy
#3: Odom for Battier, Head, Snyder: Battier to L.A., Head and Snyder to Indy

The rest of the deal would involve Bynum, Kwame, Crit, JO, and Foster with whatever fillers are needed to complete the deal.

Foster, Mihm
JO, Turiaf, Cook
RJ/Battier/Harringon, Luke, Vlad
Kobe, Evans
Fish, Farmar

No one is going to give us that much for Odom. I think you may over value him a tad.
FISH OR FAMINE, LAKERS 4 LIFE!
Tradeodom

Postby Sky on Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:44 pm

It woudl be tough for Odom to land Battier. Now that Houston has Scola they aren't as desperate for a 4. Warriors are in love with Bellinelli. The Gooden to GS rumor has been squashed as fiction, Warriors are talking with Croshere and Pavlovic.

As for all the rumors on JO, end of the day it comes down to whether LA is willing to give up Bynum to get JO. We know where Jimmy stands on that, it's his first born. Question is where Dr. Buss stands and if he's willing to overrule his son. If he is then JO can become a Laker, if not, the Indy talks are over.

If O'Neal coudl be had for Bynum, Crittenton and Kwame would you do it? Don't say Farmar instead, that's obvious. if Walsh would only do it with Critt, would you pull the trigger?
Sky
Clublakers Analyst

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion