Lakers Autograph Discussion

Lakers Autograph Discussion

Postby TSpence26 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Haha I didn't know where else to put this.. but anyway, I've been a Lakers fan my whole life, growing up in Sacramento/Redding area is tough though with Kings fans everywhere. I've gone to each Lakers at Kings game early to try and get autographs, and I've been snubbed every time.. even by Josh Powell.. TONIGHT I even got snubbed by MARK MADSEN.....

But Jordan Farmar made my night and came and signed my hat!! :D

You guys ever got autographs at a game?
TSpence26

Re: Official autograph thread?

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:12 pm

My most prized autograph is from Mr. Golden Voice himself.....the great Chick Hearn!
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby TSpence26 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:14 pm

I actually had a chance to go down and take a photo with Stu Lantz but he left right before.. :/
TSpence26

Postby TSpence26 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:18 pm

TSpence26

Postby scissors on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:04 am

Back in the 80s, I got my basketball signed by Byron Scott at a Footlocker autograph signing.
scissors

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:10 am

I never really asked for autographs. I always liked talking to the players though. I've spoken to a few of them (really quick, nothing major) through a few different sources although usually it's at games.

I spoke to Kareem the last time the Lakers played in the Forum. It was a pre-season game a couple years ago. Just asked what it was like to be in there again and he said it was both great and sad. I said I agreed, but that Staples was a great place now too filled with it's own history. He agreed and then went along his way. I was surprised he answered me actually. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Re: Lakers Autograph Discussion

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:23 pm

I went to Kobe's first ever Basketball Academy at Loyola Marymount University. During the camp I got to talk with him quite a bit, our team took a picture with him, and all the campers got an autograph from him as well. I would have attended Kobe's camp the next year but that was the last year I was eligible because of my age.

My other autograph I have was when I went to a Kings-Lakers game at Arco Arena. A few years back when I lived in Redding, CA (NorCal) I would always attend both of the Lakers-Kings games that were held at Arco. Well, this time around I made a sign saying, "Where the Machine Happens" because this was during the time of Sasha's reign and popularity with the Lakers. I arrived real early for the game as did many other Lakers fans. We were all huddled courtside watching some of the Lakers players warm up: Farmar, Brian Cook, Luke Walton, and Sasha. When Sasha was done shooting he came over to all of us Lakers fans and began to sign autographs. When he saw my sign he laughed and wasn't sure where I wanted him to sign. Not really thinking.... :man10: I had him sign my Kobe jersey I was wearing.

Now when I show people my autographs people think I have 2 Kobe autographs (Kobe Academy sweatshirt and my Kobe jersey) but then I tell them the Kobe jersey autograph is really Sasha's.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Return to Lakers Discussion