Lakers vs. Celtics game will determine if D12 true Laker

Re: Lakers vs. Celtics game will determine if D12 true Laker

Postby Chopper on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:05 am

No. These are the Lakers.

If Dwight becomes a Laker legend, it wont be measured by a regular season game in February. When talking about Laker lore, reputations are earned in the playoffs and more importantly, playing in the Finals.
Chopper

Postby GoldenKnight on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:56 pm

John3:16 wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:Shouldn't this be in the Dwight Howard Discussion thread? I find myself going back & forth between Dwight threads :man11:

You clearly don't understand the magnitude of that game. 25 years from now, when people ponder Howard's place in Laker lore, they'll point to this Laker / Celtics game as THE point in time when Howard earned his purple and gold. This thread is the Holy Grail! To merge would be an error of catastrophic proportions unknown to the basketball gods (Naismith, Wooden, Jackson, Jordan, Kareem... to name a few).

:man10: :man10: :man10:

I AM UNWORTHY!

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby JGC on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:11 pm

I'm not sure how Dwight is supposed to truly understand what it means to be a Laker in a few months. He was traded here, it's not like he signed up for this.
JGC

Postby Chillbongo on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:39 pm

He's not; don't think anyone is seriously contending that.
Chillbongo

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:43 pm

JGC wrote:I'm not sure how Dwight is supposed to truly understand what it means to be a Laker in a few months. He was traded here, it's not like he signed up for this.

So he is not supposed to understand the history of the Lakers? How long does it take for someone to understand that he is playing for a team that has been to the finals 16 times in 30 years? A team that has missed the playoffs once (or twice can't remember right now) since 1980. How long does it take for him to understand that the only jerseys hanging at the top of the rafters are all HOF'ers. It shouldn't matter if he "signed up" for it or not. He is a smart guy and he knows that LA isn't a place that supports losing from the Lakers. I'm not sure how he doesn't understand what it means.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion