Lakers vs. Celtics game will determine if D12 true Laker

Lakers vs. Celtics game will determine if D12 true Laker

Postby hollywood swinger on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:43 am

If D12 doesn't show maximum 1000% effort like he did in okc game where he had multiple steals and blocks and was being obviously very active and positive Lakers fans will never accept him as a true Laker.
With the passing of Dr. Buss and Looming trade deadline gone hours before the start of the game if D12 doesn't bring it imo i don't think his reputation can ever recover with Lakers fans even if he resigns this off season. I think his Lakers legacy rides on tomorrow nights game. It will be a complete slap in the face of Dr. Buss , the Buss family and Lakers fans everywhere if he comes out and plays that moping around lazy disinterested style of basketball following the death of Dr. Buss with it being such an emotional & sad time for everyone who loved Dr. Buss and the Lakers. For Dwight's sake i hope he gets it because if he thinks nobody likes him now wait until tomorrow night if he plays with poor effort.
Last edited by hollywood swinger on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Re: Lakers vs. Celtics game will determine if D12 true Laker

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:44 am

and what happens after that game if he goes back to mopping? :man10:
khmrP

Postby KB24 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:47 am

:man10:

one game during the regular season doesn't really determine a lot. People need to stop thinking every superstar is like Kobe, a fierce competitor who lives and breathes basketball. Some people just ain't so, you know.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby nameant on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:48 am

khmrP wrote:and what happens after that game if he goes back to mopping? :man10:

Well, someone's gotta clean the floors.
nameant

Postby hollywood swinger on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:49 am

khmrP wrote:and what happens after that game if he goes back to mopping? :man10:

i think he is gonna try and protect himself and play like his hair is on fire because he knows that if he doesn't he is gonna get roasted like nothing he has ever seen before. And to answer your question if he does play hard and then reverts back to that pathetic effort and me attitude after we can't trade him fans are still gonna hate him on an all time new high. he better bring it against vomit green celtics and for rest of season or he is gonna wish he did get traded.
hollywood swinger

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:51 am

hollywood swinger wrote:

i think he is gonna try and protect himself and play like his hair is on fire because he knows that if he doesn't he is gonna get roasted like nothing he has ever seen before. And to answer your question if he does play hard and then reverts back to that pathetic effort and me attitude after we can't trade him fans are still gonna hate him on an all time new high. he better bring it against vomit green celtics and for rest of season or he is gonna wish he did get traded.

but your post suggest IF he brings it against Bos he would be a TRUE Laker, so shouldn't that mean he gets a pass from you after Bos game? :man10:
khmrP

Postby TIME on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:52 am

hollywood swinger wrote:if D12 doesn't bring it imo i don't think his reputation can ever recover with Lakers fans even if he resigns this off season. I think his Lakers legacy rides on tomorrow nights game.

This is a bit over dramatic. If Dwight goofs off this game, but later wins a championship for the Lakers, somehow I think his legacy will survive.
Vitti uttered three words that surely applies to how Bryant made two free throws on one leg, walked off the court on his own and processed his rehabilitation plan amid the pain, frustration and tears.

“That’s really cool.”
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby hollywood swinger on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:52 am

nameant wrote:

moping i meant not mopping :man10: well he can't even be a janitor at Staples if he sucks tomorrow and beyond.
hollywood swinger

Postby hollywood swinger on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:54 am

TIME wrote:
hollywood swinger wrote:if D12 doesn't bring it imo i don't think his reputation can ever recover with Lakers fans even if he resigns this off season. I think his Lakers legacy rides on tomorrow nights game.

This is a bit over dramatic. If Dwight goofs off this game, but later wins a championship for the Lakers, somehow I think his legacy will survive.

well if he is dumb enough to goof off tomorrow i doubt he ever has the character to win a championship.
hollywood swinger

Postby TIME on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:57 am

hollywood swinger wrote:
TIME wrote:

well if he is dumb enough to goof off tomorrow i doubt he ever has the character to win a championship.

I agree that he does not have championship character now. But, no one is born with character. It's formed in the fires of life experience. He could still grow and change. The point of your post though is that this one game seals his Lakers reputation for all time. That's just an over the top presumption.
Vitti uttered three words that surely applies to how Bryant made two free throws on one leg, walked off the court on his own and processed his rehabilitation plan amid the pain, frustration and tears.

“That’s really cool.”
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:02 pm

I gotta disagree and say no it won't. One game doesn't decide this sort of thing for a player, a body of work does.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby hollywood swinger on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:04 pm

TIME wrote:
hollywood swinger wrote:
TIME wrote:

I agree that he does not have championship character now. But, no one is born with character. It's formed in the fires of life experience. He could still grow and change. The point of your post though is that this one game seals his Lakers reputation for all time. That's just an over the top presumption.

i disagree. if he comes to celtic game with that same horrible body language it proves he doesn't care or respect Buss family or Lakers as a whole. Lakers will not want him back if he displays that attitude. i can't wait to see if he doesn't bring effort tomorrow how you will feel. it's easy now to say but if he sucks tomorrow i bet you change your opinion because your gonna be totally disgusted with him.
hollywood swinger

Postby TIME on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:09 pm

hollywood swinger wrote:
TIME wrote:
hollywood swinger wrote:
TIME wrote:

i disagree. if he comes to celtic game with that same horrible body language it proves he doesn't care or respect Buss family or Lakers as a whole. Lakers will not want him back if he displays that attitude. i can't wait to see if he doesn't bring effort tomorrow how you will feel. it's easy now to say but if he sucks tomorrow i bet you change your opinion because your gonna be totally disgusted with him.

I'm already disgusted with him. How he plays against the Celtics won't change that. But it also won't permanently identify him. Shaq didn't bother to attend Chick Hearn's funeral. Yet, when he has his jersey retired at Staples I'm guessing the fans will cheer him. You are insisting this game is his singular defining moment as a Laker. It's not.

“That’s really cool.”
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:29 pm

No it won't.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:54 pm

I want him to come out strong for himself, not just because it's Lakers vs Celtics to please the fans.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby John3:16 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:18 pm

Game 7 of the Finals is tonight?
John3:16

Postby borri on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:25 pm

hollywood swinger wrote:
nameant wrote:

moping i meant not mopping :man10: well he can't even be a janitor at Staples if he sucks tomorrow and beyond.

LOL. Spelling errors are just UNEXAPPTABEL! :man12:

Dagger to my heart, D12 has lost it!
borri

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:05 pm

John3:16 wrote:Game 7 of the Finals is tonight?

:man10:
Chillbongo

Re: Lakers vs. Those Goons game will determine if D12 true Laker

Postby Juronimo on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:37 pm

Any real Laker will take any matchup against those guys seriously.
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby JGC on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:55 pm

Both teams played hard.
JGC

Postby hollywood swinger on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:10 pm

TIME wrote:[quote="
I'm already disgusted with him. How he plays against the Celtics won't change that. But it also won't permanently identify him. Shaq didn't bother to attend Chick Hearn's funeral. Yet, when he has his jersey retired at Staples I'm guessing the fans will cheer him. You are insisting this game is his singular defining moment as a Laker. It's not.

it is his Lakers defining moment because if he is still all about himself the 1st game back after Dr. Buss' death against the 1 team the Celtics Dr. Buss was most passionate about beating he will never recover from that. He will never ever be embraced even if he wins down the road. Imho i don't think we ever win a title with Dwight and if we do he won't be the focal point.
hollywood swinger

Postby purp n gold on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:03 pm

I wouldn't factor in the trade deadline as much, but I agree fully that this next game will speak volumes about Dwight as a competitive player.

This is the ultimate tribute game for Dr. Buss. He bought the Lakers to beat the Celtics. If Dwight sulks and makes it about himself , I'll know exactly the kind player he is. One that doesn't deserve to be a Laker.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby hollywood swinger on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:07 pm

purp n gold wrote:I wouldn't factor in the trade deadline as much, but I agree fully that this next game will speak volumes about Dwight as a competitive player.

This is the ultimate tribute game for Dr. Buss. He bought the Lakers to beat the Celtics. If Dwight sulks and makes it about himself , I'll know exactly the kind player he is. One that doesn't deserve to be a Laker.

+100,000,000
hollywood swinger

Postby Nikez on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Dwight will go for 45 and 30 and we will lose on a last second shot by Jason Collins and dwights legacy will forever be ruined.
Before long, someone recognized Phil Jackson sitting in the front seat, and then the rocks began to fly. Revelers pelted the bus and shook it, mocking the Lakers at their lowest moment.

It was painful,” Lakers forward Pau Gasol(notes) said. “It is a feeling that I want to keep in my mind for every single minute that I’m out there playing them.
Nikez

Postby SpencerHarrison on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:39 am

hollywood swinger wrote:
purp n gold wrote:I wouldn't factor in the trade deadline as much, but I agree fully that this next game will speak volumes about Dwight as a competitive player.

+100,000,000

Yup.

Some games are just games, this one isn't.

Shots might not fall right and the Celtics may win, but I do think effort and fight has to be on display at a high level. This is absolutely a statement game, and I say that being totally Okay with winning or losing.

You KNOW Kobe will shed blood to try and put the Celtics away at home in the shadow of Buss' passing. If the team can match it, I don't really care what shots fall or not.
SpencerHarrison

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion