I heard Cook had a good game with 19 pts and 8 boards
Rush had a so so game he had 21 pts.
I dont know what Pargo did
and luke had 2 steals and 4 points
and we won :jam2:
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:24 pm

Update this thread when you get the recap ok.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:26 pm

I saw the game vs DALLAS is was good... pretty close most of the way
Pargo had another strong performance although I forgot to keep track of his points.
Kareem had a good offensive game but still is fumbling the ball.
COOK was agressive but I couldn't believe he missed some chippies.
JABBAR... hustles but he flat out sucks.. he is comedy
Leon Smith didn't even get in the ball game.... He is real athletic but its too bad .... he lacks motivation.
I really like LUKE's game... he had some nice passes... he even ran a couple of fast breaks.. he really has good court vision.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Lakerqueen on Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:21 am

Who were you the most impressed with overall?
Lakerqueen

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:37 am

PARGO... he carried himself like a 5 year veteran...
He pointed out where people should be during the actual game...
Its true what everyone is saying about him... he really has impressed me..
He was breaking peoples ankles with his cross over.. and was hitting the "J" with consistency. PARGO was by far the most impressive.

COOK looked comfortable today against DALLAS. He had an impressive game.. Although he had 9 rebounds... It didn't really looked like he hustled for any rebounds... the ball just happened to bound his way. He had a couple of strong finishing dunks on against peeps but he missed a lot of CHIPPIES... if he made them I think he would have had 30 points.

LUKE couldn't throw a pea in an ocean... but he had a good floor game. He has good handles for his size. He has a much more imposing phyical body than COOK... you can tell LUKE spends time in a gym. He had some no look pass that was spectacular but its too bad a couple of lakers missed the pass. I can tell PARGO was impressed with LUKE's passing ability.. he almost made a half court bounce pass to a BREAKING PARGO.. the ball had too much steam on it .... PARGO was giving LUKE lots of high fives.

Rush.. was the same. His shot got a lot better. He is still struggling with his handles and made some turn overs because of it. I don't understand why RAMBIS insist on playing RUSH at the point. He really is out of position when he does.. and the lakers offense runs stagnant when he is.
When PARGO is running the offense its a much faster controlled pace
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:05 am

just to add about COOK...
I was expecting a more athletic player... he was above average in Athleticism for someone who is 6'10"
He doesn't have explosiveness when attacking the basket.
He struggled with the mid range shot and his handles was average for someone his height. (SLAVA has better handles and better "j")
He definitely can not play the SF in the NBA.. he wouldn't be able to keep up with them.
Also, at his height I expected more BLOCK SHOTS.. I didn't see any.. maybe I missed them but he definitely is NOT a DEFENSIVE PRESSENCE.
It is true what they say.. he is foul prone.
He needs to work on all these.. and not to mention the TRIANGLE offense. Hopefully MALONE can show him the ropes and show him how to be a force in the NBA. Well its only his second game.. lets see what he does on WEDNESDAY...
Last edited by #1_Kobe_fan on Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:08 am

Nice info on the game, but I think Rambis is puttin Rush at the point just to develop his handles and make him more comfortable with the pressure he will face once he does have the ball in his hands.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakers4Ever on Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:07 am

All that I've got to say is Jannero Pargo. Ever since the start of last pre-season when he was still trying out, I completely saw it in his game. Like I've said from the beginning, all he needs is playing time and a chance to work the offense. He can be the next Tony Parker or Bobby Jackson. ENUFF SAID!!
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Return to Lakers Discussion