Lakers deserve to go out

Lakers deserve to go out

Postby Dragan on Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:31 pm

Hey dont get me wrong. I am a fan like you are and I to wnt Lakers to go threw. But lets look at the facts:

We have Lakers who are the most talented team in the world who just decided to cheat thear own fans and skip the first part of the season. We had Shaq who decided not to have surgery during the summer and cose of it sit out start of the season. Lakers looked to have learned the lesson, rebounded from teribale start to climb up to 5 th sead and blew Wolves away in game 1. And what thay do ? With Wolves on thear knees, thay decide to go on cruise control with alowed Wolves to blew tham away by 30 witch is thear biggest playoff win in clubs history and by doing that gain huge confidence and shocingly come in a great position to win in game 3 in LA. I am sory, I can be a fan all I want, but these current Lakers represent averything I hate about basketball.

Just think about what these guys have bean tru. Thay overcame loss of Marbery, Gugliotah who at the time was a star, Smith fiasco witch lets tham without any draft pick and this year lost of both Brandon and Billups and all the disapointment of going down in 1 st round 6 consecutive times and fear of facing defending champs in the first round insted of being rewarded by beatebale opponent after gaining home court advantage for first time in franchize history. And on top of all that, thay got blown away at home by 20. And what did thay do threw all of those problems ? Thay kept fighting. Thay keps playing hard. And thay got rewarded by blow out win in game 2 and great chance to win game 3. And that stands for averything you have to love and respect about basketball.
Dragan

Postby Dragan on Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:46 pm

What about MVP preformence from Garnett from the last two games ? 68 pts ( 30-52 fg ), 34 rbs & 11 ast. Without Garnett thay are a different team out there. Yet thay found the way to win without him. I mean, give this guys credit.

We quite simpley deserved to lose. Not cose thay are a better team but simpley cose we had tham and than we let tham go cose we didnt take tham ceriously. I still remember Shaq look early in game 2. Like he didnt care. Like he was playing his little brother who isent a match for him.

I remember some time ago people on this board saying Lakers are better of with this series being best of 5 and not best of 7. Do you guys still feel the same way ? I guess not.
Dragan

Postby Lakers4PEAT on Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:56 pm

I agree with you, as a fan you always hate to see your own team lose, but tonights loss was different, they were given miracles and refused to take any sort of advantage out of it.
Wurdizzlez!
Lakers4PEAT

Postby Dragan on Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:05 am

Even worst, its teribale to feel good about your team being knocked off in the playoffs.
Dragan

Postby Dragan on Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:15 am

The Minnesota Timberwolves proved they could win a big game without Kevin Garnett and without getting the calls.

But Bryant made a 3-pointer five seconds later, was fouled by Szczerbiak on another questionable call and completed the four-point play to cut Minnesota's lead to one.

The Timberwolves committed a turnover trying to inbound the ball, and Bryant was fouled by Rasho Nesterovic -- who was standing still with his hands straight up -- on a drive to the basket with 12.1 seconds to play. It was Nesterovic's sixth foul.

Jannero Pargo made two free throws after another suspect foul call, putting the Lakers ahead 108-107 with 47.7 seconds left in overtime.

This is part of ESPN report of the game. I cant remember the last time ESPN was so obviously saying that refs helped one team get a win.
Dragan

Postby Reddy on Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:28 am

This is like lakers vs kings in the WCF
we win game 1, lose 2 and 3 and WE WILL COME BACK AND WIN TEH SERIES
don chaney predicted it was gonna be a long series, and damn hes right
we've been down 2-1 b4, and we've come back
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Lakers4Ever on Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:43 am

I DONT THINK WE DESERVE TO BE OUT... PHIL JACKSON NEEDS TO BE OUT!! WHAT WAS UP W/ THAT SMALL [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] LINEUP THAT HE PUT OUT THERE IN THE MOST CRUCIAL PART OF THE FIRST HALF? THE WAY PJ HAS BEEN ROTATING THE PLAYERS, ITS LIKE HE'S A ROOKIE COACH!! WHATS UP W/ THAT??? OR MAYBE HE JUST DOESNT EVEN CARE?! OR DOESNT WANT THE LAKERS TO WIN?? I DONT UNDERSTAND THAT GUY... I TOTALLY AGREE W/ HIM ROTATING PARGO, BUT WHY DOESNT HE PLAY HIM MORE?? HIS DEFENSE IRRITATES HUDSON AND ITS SO OBVIOUS!! AND WHY HASNT SAMAKI WALKER PLAYED YET?? HE PROBABLY HAS THE BEST HEIGHT OVER KEVIN GARNETT THAN ANY OTHER LAKER, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SHAQ. I HONESTLY THINK THAT THIS SHOULD BE THE STARTING LINEUP FOR GAME 4:

PARGO, FISHER, BRYANT, WALKER, SHAQ

AT LEAST FOR THE FIRST HALF OF THE FIRST QUARTER. THEN ROTATE PARGO W/ SHAW, FISHER W/ RUSH, BRYANT W/ GEORGE/FOX, WALKER W/ MADSEN/SLAVA, AND SHAQ W/ MADSEN OR WALKER LATER IN THE GAME. WE NEED SOME ATHLETICISM OUT THERE!!!!

AND DEFINITELY PLAY HORRY ONLY WHEN ITS CRUCIAL!! NOT DURING THE GAME. W/ ALL THOSE TURNOVERS BY HIM, ITS RIDICULOUS!!![/b]
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby Reddy on Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:04 pm

Good Lineup
very solid
this lineup wil give us a great start because the talent on defense and offense is spread out

but to trade the winningest coach of sports history.......uh.......i would disagree
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Dragan on Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:05 pm

We were lucky to win last year with that seies going to OT of 7 th game. I dont think champs should be lucky to win thear first round series. If we are going to have to be lucky now, what will happend down the lane when we face better teams ?
Dragan

Postby Reddy on Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:08 pm

LAkers always find a way to get back on track
15 more wins and the lakers will have accomplished something that hasnt been done in 41 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bow:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Lakers Suq on Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:09 pm

Completely agree with Dragan. The refs even tried to help the Lakers last night win the game, and they still blew it.

The end is near! The end is near!
Lakers Suq

Postby Reddy on Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:11 pm

Until we get the ring snatched from us, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS
AND WE WILL REIGN AGAIN
BUT IT WILL BE TOUGH
FACE THE FACT, NO ONE IN THE LEAGUE CAN PLAY 4 PERFECT GAMES AGAINST THE LAKERS
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Dragan on Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:40 pm

Lakers Suq wrote:Completely agree with Dragan. The refs even tried to help the Lakers last night win the game, and they still blew it.

The end is near! The end is near!

Good
Dragan

Postby clublakers on Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:42 pm

lol...

Yeah, I was with Dragan late in the game last night. I was praying for the end so we could rid ourselves of our misery and start the trade rumors.

Hopefully our team can spark some life in themselves and us on Sunday.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Guest on Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:57 am

I would not say the lakers have been perfect all season long. They were sometimes over confident, arrogant or they simply didn't care at time. But reading your comments above make me remember the way Bill Plaschke writes his articles. This guy changes his opinion every single game. Back to 2000 western conf, he spoke about Kobe as if he was the best player ever. The following day his article destroyed Kobe, because he did a bad game. Look at what has been said in the forum after game one. Most of us (me included) were talking about sweep? or 4-1?. Now the edge has changed. That is the sport, that is the basketball and that why we love this game. This team is a good team. It is 1-2 right now, it is not over. If tomorrow they destroyed the Wolves by 30pts or just by 1pt are you always going to write the same kind of stuff that today? :disagree: We will all again speak about how big the heart of the champiod Kobe, because he did a bad game. Look at what has been said in the forum after game one. Most of us (me included) were talking about sweep? or 4-1?. Now the edge has changed. That is the sport, that is the basketball and that why we love this game. This team is a good team. It is 1-2 right now, it is not over. If tomorrow they destroyed the Wolves by 30pts or just by 1pt are you always going to write the same kind of stuff that today? :disagree: We will all again speak about how big the heart of the champion is and how pround we are that they came from behind to win this serie 4-2 :man13:

And if they lose again and again? Well, I will change my pseudo in this Forum :tongue1:

Postby shaqass on Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:03 am

Oh I was not loged. The previous article was from Shaqass, proud Lakers fan when they win AND when they lose!!! By the way, why the text is duplicated everytime I use the emoticon????
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby clublakers on Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:36 am

Good post Shaqass.

"Hi, I'm Johnny Knoxville, and welcome to level-headed Lakers analysis."

We need to get you an avatar of Shaq in a shopping cart.

Sorry about the text repeat... a glitch in the board script that requires repair. It happens on the extroardinarily long posts, but your post was not that long. I dunno why your's picked up the glitch, but I'll log it.

Everyone has editing ability on their own posts, so if it happens again before we repair the glitch you can always go in and sweep out the repeat.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Reddy on Sat Apr 26, 2003 8:31 am

I totally agree with Guest.
The Quest 4 QUATROW is long from over.
We can still win.
It's not like we're down 3-0 like the blazers, it 2-1
And this aint the first time we down 2-1 in a series, we were down 2-1 in WCF versus kings, AND WE CAME BACK TO WIN. DO y'all think this will be the end for Kobe's run? Noooooooooo. Its Kobe, just look at the heart of the champion inside. If Phil had let him go, or had given him teh green light, this woulda been different. Come on, you just cant give up on this Laker team, its Lakers,the team that has earned pride in the league 4 three rings, and we will get this QUATROW 4 CHICK.
And when we do, I will dig out this thread, and laugh, haha.
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Dragan on Sat Apr 26, 2003 4:59 pm

Hey we still have a great chance. Dont make any mistake about that. All we nead to do is drow the line after a disapointing season including first 3 games of the series and start all over again. Our problem is mostley mental and alsaw bad coaching along with lack of fresh talent. In that order.
Dragan

Return to Lakers Discussion