Lakers Draft Predictions

Re: :

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:22 am

jsm0331 wrote:where is a good site that gives a report or description of the draft candidates?

check out this site
http://www.nbadraft.net/

KOBE OUR REAL MVP :bow:
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:33 pm

I luv the Jameer Nelson pick for the Lakes in pick 32, on that site!!!! Finally a point guard that consistently hit the 3.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Lakers draft predictions

Postby Showtime87 on Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:03 pm

Hello everyone, it's been awhile - I love the new sight! Anyway, on to the draft talk...I like taking Jameer Nelson with the #24 pick and Uche Nsonwu-Amadi, a PF out of Wyoming with the #32 pick. Nsonwu-Amadi would be a perfect fit at 6-10, 265, not to mention he's a much more proven, mature player at 24 years of age than a high-schooler with a lot of "upside". This team is built to win now, they need reliability. Both these guys are smart, intense players who I feel would make an immediate impact and help greatly in re-energizing the squad.
Showtime87

Re: Lakers Draft Predictions

Postby k8 elevate on Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:54 pm

clublakers wrote:It's that time of the year. Call your shot now for the Laker's draft selection. Keep in mind that I haven't heard any one correctly predict the Laker's pick since... uhh... Magic.

I'll take Luke Rindour via a trade in picks and personnel: http://nbadraft.net/profiles/lukeridnour.htm

Draft Picks=
Sofoklis Schortsanitis= A really ,really good defensive player in Europe(IRAKLIS SALONICA) called baby Shaq because of His style of Play ,soft touch,can play center & is still growwing more like an Amore Soudimire.

OR...

I'll Draft:Zaur Pachulia as My 24th pick. He plays Center but at 6'10 will make a Nowitski type Forward His stroke is an a+ & He's being compared to Nowitski & Gasol. Defence is good He led His team(Ulker Spor Kulubu Istanbul) in blocked shots & was one of the top 3 in blocks in the league. Plus He is pridicted to go late in the draftb ecause it is a deep draft. He can dribble & is very athletic.

2.) As My 32nd pick I'll Draft: Carlos Delfino (S.F) + (S.G) from Venuezuela. He is known to be as good or if not better then Manu Ginobli & will be a good 3 point threat the 3 point threat the Lakers need to back Shaq & Kobe up very well can Be the 3rd option in His rookie Year because of His expierence Internationaly.
Good run Spurs You only need 12 more to reach Us....
k8 elevate

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:05 am

I'll probably re-write my predictions a few times before the day of the draft. So I guess here is my first draft.

From what I 've heard so far from Mitch and from reports in radio here is my first draft prediction.

24. Brian Cook or Zaur Pachulia
32. Travis Hansen or Luke Walton

My guess is that Mitch wants a combination of a PF/C in one pick and and athletic SG/SF with the other.

I'm taking on CL challenge and correctly predict the outcome.

Come on guys play the game along with me and we can see who got bragging right after the draft.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Dejaman on Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:50 am

Luke Ridenour? The point guard of our future??? Yeah right, we might as well as get Dan Dickau. How about giving Rex Walters another shot at the point, or maybe Bryce Drew or let's bring back good ol' Scott Brooks.

Stop dreaming!

And stop mentioning Luke and the Lakers in the same breath.
We already have a token white guy.
Dejaman

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:55 pm

From what I heard from Mitch's interview today here is my slightly revised draft prediction.

24. Zaur Pachulia/Sofokolis

32. David West/Travis Hansen/Luke Walton/Troy Bell

Hey dajaman,

what's up with your statement of white token guy...be careful with your choice of words buddy!!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby TheZen on Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:52 pm

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:From what I heard from Mitch's interview today here is my slightly revised draft prediction.

24. Zaur Pachulia/Sofokolis

32. David West/Travis Hansen/Luke Walton/Troy Bell

Hey dajaman,

what's up with your statement of white token guy...be careful with your choice of words buddy!!!!!

I'm sorry but i seriously dont think that we should draft an international player...the deal is slava came from the ukraine and had a hard time adapting to the english language. On top of that, he couldn't get the triangle down...so i say pick up outlaw with the 24th pick and travis hansen with the 32nd pick. I would go for collison...but i doubt he would drop all the way down to the 24th slot. As for the guy who said we should take Kapono...I've been a Bruins fan all my life, but i seriously dont think that kapono would do so well in the nba...he used to be a great consistant player who came out every game and delivered... but in the last year...he has shown inconsistancy all throughout the season...yeah he had the one game where he scored i believe 41 points, but if he couldnt take his experience throughout his career at UCLA to lead them to the big dance (and notice i didnt say the final four), how you expect him to bring the talent the lakers need to their game. I believe our money...well at least jerry buss' money, to pick up a veteran player (which i am talking about Gary Payton) who you know that will be our third scoring option just in case our draftees turn out to be not what they used to be... and what's up with dejaman calling Mad dog a token white guy? :disagree: that's not the way to talk about our best dancer on the team! :jam2:
TheZen

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:14 am

I would also like to get a big man from here, but the reports said that the Lakers are very interested with Pachulia. They had him at the El Segundo training facility yesterday for another workout.

Even Ronnie Lester said that the Lakers were very interested in taking him last year with the #27 pick, unitl he decided to take his name out of the draft before the deadline.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby ZenMaster on Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:34 am

Welcome to the forum TheZen. Agreed...if he is re-signed maybe MadDog can teach some of our rookies some of those little dance moves of his...esp. when we win it all again in '04!!! :jam2: But as far as the draft we seriously need some more athleticism and hustle...we were seriously lacking in this last year, at times it seemed like the only one interested in 'going after it' was, well, Mark. Also someone who can create his own shot, and put some distance on it to help spread out the "D", would be nice too. Hopefully with our two draft picks we can address both areas...maybe even swing a deal with another team to get it. It drives me NUTS to see guys like the Wizards' Etan Thomas mired on the bench, he is like a young Theo Ratliff but just needs PT...if we had a guy like him to help out Shaq...DAMN.
ZenMaster

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:30 pm

Here are the final news reports from the various reputable radio stations here in Los Angeles about the Lakers direction tomorrow.

Reports state that for the first round selection #24, the Lakers are looking to draft a European player.

Either, Baby Shaq "Sofo", Zaur Pachulia, or Zarko Cabarkapa. The Lakers want to get Cabarkapa, but they are very sure that he will be gone by the 24th pick.

For the 32nd pick, the Lakers have a variety of choices.

If David West is still there, then they are definitely taking him. If not, then it is either Travis Hansen or Luke Walton. If all 3 are there then David West is the pick.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion