Lakers Empire About to Vastly Expand With Malone/Payton

Lakers Empire About to Vastly Expand With Malone/Payton

Postby OG on Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:35 pm

If we actualy got Malone&Payton, not only would we probably become the first team in NBA history to get back to back 70 win seasons, can you also imagine the marketability benifits our team would experience? We might have to build a new arena to hold about 30,000 people with plenty extra Sky Boxes and Suites. Although Kobe's #8 home jersey is already the NBA's hottest seller, with Shaq's coming in second, the Lakers jersey and merchindise sells would break NBA history as a team. Bringing the NBA to higher levels of profitablility than even the famed "Jordan era". We would break a bunch of ratings records for playoff games and surpass those ratings records set for the NBA Finals by the Chicago Bulls in the mid-late 90's. Advertizing would intern shoot ways up for the Lakers and we would get so overloaded with attention and fan fare that after our first championship next season, we would have to move all of our Finals games to Dodger's Stadium and break a bunch of NBA attendance records. After another 3 peat, we will have the most championships won in NBA history, 17, (Celtics are courrently #1 with 16). Lakers will become the greatest known NBA organization ever and our ultimant plan to take over the entire world will take effect! muhahahahahaha muhahahahahaaha ....... sorry got alittle carried away with myself but this is gonna be so great! GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quoting Shaq on one of his spontainious freestyles durring practices:

"I stay paid niggaaa, I live laid niggaaa, I've been rappen ever since the third grade niggaaa".
OG

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:52 pm

I know... Imagine all the media attention that would be on the Lakers. We would outsell every team in player merchandise, and we would have to have more seats available for the fans. And of course the All-Star game held at Staples too! DAYAM! Imagine the home crowd when we bring back 4 all-stars like what we did when we had Kobe, EJ, Nick, and Shaq... Now we'd have Kobe, Shaq, Malone, and GP too... DAYAM! I'm prayin that we get them, they'd add trememdous depth to our roster, something our critics have been sayin... But I dont care about their opinions, I just like shuttin them up!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:21 pm

If Payton and Malone arrive, I really belive they can tie Chicago's 72-10 record... If not beat it :jam2:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:50 pm

Guys look at this crazy scenario..........

......Lets say Payton and Malone joins the Lakers. The next week Pippen joins with the 1 million veteran exemption. The signings of these 3 men will cause a chain reaction of signings. Karl's best bud, John Stockton will sign, because he wants to win the title also, while Pippen's ex-teammate by the name of Jordan joins because he's ego can't stand knowing that Pippen has more titles than him. The news of MJ joining wii convince Jordan's fat friend by the name of Charles Barkley to join. Since Chucky is joining the Lakers, he's TNT co-worker by the name of Magic will surely join in.

Here is our possible lineup:

PG: Payton/Stockton
SG: Bryant/Jordan
SF: Pippen/Jordan
PF: Malone/Barkley
C: Oneal/Big Fat Magic Johnson

With this signings we just improved our senior citizen demographics.

Damn.....I SHOULD BE A FICTION WRITER!!!!!!!!

Total fiction: since we only have a MLE, LLE one vet. exemt., and one vet minimum.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:58 pm

lol... I don't even think I could pull that one off on my videogame. Hell, it took me an hour just to get Payton and Malones [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] in Los Angeles lol...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:14 am

LD,

I forgot to continue one step further. From where we left off, Magic joined in. Then Magic's soul friend, Larry Bird joins. Now the lineup looks like this.

PG: Payton/Stockton
SG: Bryant/Jordan
SF: Pippen/Bird
PF: Malone/Barkley
C: Oneal/Big Fat Magic Johnson

What a lineup!!!!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:17 am

that looks like my team in NBA LIVE 2003... lol
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:42 am

LOL!! like a customized video game team!! Muuuhahahaha! :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe's Empire on Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:03 pm

OG i like the way you think, i really do
Kobe's Empire

Postby OG on Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:01 pm

Well thank you Kobe's Empire! I like the way you think also! Its just that the Lakers already draw a huge national following, 13.4 million as saw by the 02 NBA Finals, and you know those fans tuning in were not tuning in cuz of the Nets. So imagine if we actualy did get Payton and Malone? instant All-Star Dream Team! Put it this way, The current NBA champs only drew 6.4 million viewers for the 03' Finals, down over 50% from the Lakers who swept the Nets. Imagine if the Lakers were to face the New York Knicks in one of the next 3 NBA finals of our next 3 peat? Along with our All-Star team, combined with the two biggest markets in the league, we would definantly break ratings records. The current record is 18.4 million in the late 90's with Jordan in the NBA Finals. The Lakers did come close to breaking that already in the 02' Western Conference Finals Vs the Kings. Game 7 of that series drew 18.1 million. Another record I'm intrested in breaking is the NBA attendance record. That one is also held by Jordan and the Bulls when they drew the blunt of over 60,000 people in attendance, cant remember the year. We could break that with our All-Star team if we were to move our NBA Finals games to Dodger's Stadium. the stadieum it's self holds 50,000. Add in 10-12 thousand to fill in the field around the court and BOOM, LAKERS OWN THE ATTENDANCE RECORD! Soon we will own the Attendance record, ratings record, merchandising record, championships record, and the best player in NBA history, KOBE [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] BRYANT! We will own the NBA. It will soon be to where you dont minchen the NBA with the Lakers!!!!! And to think, this all will only take 3 more years!!!!!!
Quoting Shaq on one of his spontainious freestyles durring practices:

"I stay paid niggaaa, I live laid niggaaa, I've been rappen ever since the third grade niggaaa".
OG

Return to Lakers Discussion