Lakers executive Jim Buss says 'we're not going to panic'

Re: Lakers executive Jim Buss says 'we're not going to panic'

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:01 pm

therealdeal wrote:I'm sorry you guys are just reading into this like some conspiracy theory. Did the U.S. government also orchestrate 9/11?

Jim Buss did not go solo to Phil's house. Mitch went with him, they both said they left feeling like Phil might have been interested. And like I said: if he "might" have been interested, if there was a modicum of doubt, then he wasn't the man for the job.

I really think you're all living in the past, but I've said my piece. I made my point.

This is where people are taking issue with you and mgmt (if that is in fact how they felt).

If thats how they felt the it reinforces to us they made the wrong choice. No one who is as accomplished in their field as Phil Jackson has to jump at a potential offer without carefully considering it.

Other teams are wooing/beggin him to come, and we move on because he didnt sign the contract in his living room??? THE MAN"S AGENT WAS FLYING OUT FOR MONDAY!

Makes no sense whatsoever.

Fact is, they didnt want him and the meeting was merely lip service.
phoenixrisingla

Postby Kasumi on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:20 pm

lakerswiz wrote:I was under the impression that a few weeks after the signing (after we all already did this same exact argument) there were articles that came out that had said this was done by Jim more so than anyone else associated with the team.

Did that not happen?

The articles I saw all said this was 90% Jerry Buss's decision. Jim Buss apparently can't even own up to his own mistakes.

#IWantedPhil
ImageImage

"Basketball reasons" is as believable coming from Mitch Kupchak as it was coming from David Stern. #IWantedPhil
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby lotus on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:34 pm

lakerswiz wrote:I was under the impression that a few weeks after the signing (after we all already did this same exact argument) there were articles that came out that had said this was done by Jim more so than anyone else associated with the team.

Did that not happen?

It's jimmy's credit, as a chip off the old block, when it works. But, it's Daddy Buss' credit when it doesn't work. This is what happens when a loving Father covers his less talented son's a$$. But, only a cowardly son would let his old sickly Father take the blame.

If jimmy isn't confident enough to stand tall by his decisions, and make better business decisions, by now, then he's wasting time and money. So far I calculate that he is wasting $7mm a year in coaching salaries.
lotus

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:14 pm

lotus wrote:

Did that not happen?

It's jimmy's credit, as a chip off the old block, when it works. But, it's Daddy Buss' credit when it doesn't work. This is what happens when a loving Father covers his less talented son's a$$. But, only a cowardly son would let his old sickly Father take the blame.

If jimmy isn't confident enough to stand tall by his decisions, and make better business decisions, by now, then he's wasting time and money. So far I calculate that he is wasting $7mm a year in coaching salaries.

I be fair, he is standing by them so far I think. Just said yesterday that he still has 100% confidence that MDA was the right choice.

A dumb thing to say perhaps, but at least he's sticking to his guns and not hiding.
phoenixrisingla

Postby borri on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:32 pm

Well this is what he should and is supposed to say. Last thing i want is for Jim to go on radio and tell the world the Lakers are panicking.

Believe me, behind closed doors, they are worried. Very worried.
borri

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion