1. I became a fan in the 1993 playoffs (92/93 season).
2 I was 8 or 9 depending on when the playoffs started (I forget by now), my dad had been a Lakers fan his whole life, so asked me to watch the playoffs with him as I assume he felt it was time for me to become a fan and enjoy the Laker with him as I'd already started to play basketball and love it. We lost that first round series to the Suns, and my first Laker experience was fun, had me emotionally invested already, and ended in heartbreak, as it would for the next 6 seasons after that. I remember getting so into it, I couldn't stand Charles Barkley immediately, I was yelling at the tv with my dad, and when it was over I was seriously bummed. So unlike those that got to enjoy the 80's Lakers, I tasted only defeat the entire 90's, so man was that first title in 2000 after all that suffering (6 or 7 years to a 9 through 15 year old feels like forever remember) sweet, I appreciated it so much having never experienced a championship winning team before (my baseball team is the Angels, so it was only losing on that end too).
3. Favorite Laker players all time of the years I've watched, Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Pau, Odom, Fox, Horry, Shaw, Ron Harper, Glen Rice (no not joking, loved his shot, loved when he hit big 3's) Ariza, Shannon Brown, Van Exel, Sedale Threatt, Anthony Peeler, I was always mostly a fan of guards.
4. Of the ones that watch sports, my entire family on both sides are Lakers fans.
5. Too many memories, good and bad. All the playoff runs with Kobe and Shaq, game 7 2000 vs Portland WCF, the Horry shot game against the Queens in '02, steamrolling the West in the 2001 playoffs, all the clutch Kobe shots and huge scoring games, Laker magic comebacks, dominant Shaq performances. On the bad side being owned by Utah during the 90's, before those times Vlade being a choker and missing 2 free throws in a playoff game against the Sonics that cost us the game.
6. Hardcore Lakers fan
7. Well, I mean I have Laker stuff all around my room, the actual newspapers from the day after winning the last 5 championships that I save are framed on my wall, I have jerseys, cups, towels, a Lakers license plate cover and decals on my car, stuff like that, so being a Lakers fan means a lot to me. Other than that stuff I don't go crazy over it though, I don't let it ruin my real life when we lose or anything.
8. Well, I'm on here a ton, so probably too much time is devoted to being a Lakers fan.
I watch every game that I can, which is usually all 82 because those I miss I DVR for later.
9. I don't spend a lot of money on Lakers fandom, I have collected things over the years, but the games I've been to I got free tickets, and the stuff I've bought doesn't cost a lot.
11. I have been to 2 games at Staples, both during the Shaq/Kobe championship years, both were great times. Other than that I try and go to one preseason game every year at the Honda center here in Anaheim.
12. Live games are way different than on TV. All you hear is the sound of the players talking, shoes squeaking, the crowd talking and cheering, and the PA announcer. Without the tv announcers and tv music that goes with it, it's a strange feeling at first. There's nothing like it though, when the team is rolling it's incredibly fun, the crowd is into it and loud. And when it's a close game like one of the ones I went to it's very intense and the crowd is on the edge of their seats and ready to explode when big plays are made.
13. I've made a few new friends through being a Lakers fan yeah, and I find they usually know a lot about basketball in general so it's fun to talk about the NBA with them.
14. I do not have superstitions, my dad did, but I don't seriously believe in that stuff, I'll only joke around about it.
15. Phil Jackson, he's the best.