Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the Unthinkable

Re: Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the Unthinkable

Postby OX1947 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:36 pm

I doubt Howard leaves. He would leave too much money on the table and he loves LA. However, if he did, the lakers would have 9 mil on the books in 18 months. Pretty good position if you want to sign the top free agents, especially if one of them could be Lebron James exercising an out in his contract in 2014.
OX1947

 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:48 am

Re: Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the Unthinkable

Postby Lakers_323 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:42 am

I rather have no C than Pau as our C. Another year older, another year slower. Even if Dwight's walks, we can still sign some good YOUNG role players with that money and trade pau's expiring contract if he is still around. Which he won't be.
User avatar
Lakers_323

 
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the Unthinkable

Postby scissors on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:23 am

I say Howard stays. It makes the most sense for him to stay. He has the most chance of winning the title here because he knows the Lakers are willing to spend $$$$ to get good players. I just don't see this guy leaving.
User avatar
scissors

 
Posts: 4488
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:53 pm

Re: Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the Unthinkable

Postby Congo Cash on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:24 am

Dwight will only leave if he hates money or something...
- insert signature here -
User avatar
Congo Cash

 
Posts: 4532
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:58 am
Location: Philippines

Re: Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the Unthinkable

Postby snackdaddy on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:27 am

As much as I want to trade to trade Pau and try to get some fresh, young talent to jumpstart this team, he'll have more value this time next year as an expiring contract.

In the meantime, concerning Howard the one thing they have going for them is the money. If Howard wants the money, but doesn't want to stay, a sign and trade would accomplish the same thing as trading him now. Brook Lopez would be a nice consolation if Howard wants Brooklyn that bad. Might even be a good fit in Dantoni's system.
User avatar
snackdaddy

 
Posts: 875
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:23 pm

Re: Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the Unthinkable

Postby Forklift on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:45 am

Congo Cash wrote:Dwight will only leave if he hates money or something...


if he will only stay for money why didn't he stay with Orlando? I'm pretty sure Orlando had more than enough money to keep him. The fact is Dwight wants a ring and it will be up to him to decide if Lakers can get him a ring i'm pretty sure if he sees an oppurtunity for a ring he will want to bolt and sign with that team.
User avatar
Forklift

 
Posts: 1748
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:48 am

Re: Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the Unthinkable

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:02 am

Forklift wrote:
Congo Cash wrote:Dwight will only leave if he hates money or something...


if he will only stay for money why didn't he stay with Orlando? I'm pretty sure Orlando had more than enough money to keep him. The fact is Dwight wants a ring and it will be up to him to decide if Lakers can get him a ring i'm pretty sure if he sees an oppurtunity for a ring he will want to bolt and sign with that team.

He stands to lose more money from leaving LA than he ever did at any point in Orlando.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40208
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the Unthinkable

Postby magicman32 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:10 pm

I hope Dwight leaves, he is far worse than I thought when I watched him in Orlando. No offensive skills, gets stripped ever freakin time, the FTs, he has the same ugly face up and drive move, no back to the basket post skills.

dude is way overhyped and he's not worth the max

I'd rather have an average center and build with a great PG and wing player like OKC has done.
User avatar
magicman32

 
Posts: 951
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:30 pm
Location: Orange County

Re: Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the Unthinkable

Postby Center Court on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:12 pm

magicman32 wrote:I hope Dwight leaves, he is far worse than I thought when I watched him in Orlando. No offensive skills, gets stripped ever freakin time, the FTs, he has the same ugly face up and drive move, no back to the basket post skills.

dude is way overhyped and he's not worth the max

I'd rather have an average center and build with a great PG and wing player like OKC has done.


lay off what ever you are on...
User avatar
Center Court

 
Posts: 3154
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:45 pm
Location: @ CL since '04

Re: Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the Unthinkable

Postby bumrusherer on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:20 pm

magicman32 wrote:I'd rather have an average center and build with a great PG and wing player like OKC has done.

Just one problem..where are you getting Kevin Durant and Russ Westbrook from?

One of them is a generational player and you have to be extremely lucky to get one of those.
bumrusherer

 
Posts: 9864
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:26 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the Unthinkable

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:31 pm

bumrusherer wrote:
magicman32 wrote:I'd rather have an average center and build with a great PG and wing player like OKC has done.

Just one problem..where are you getting Kevin Durant and Russ Westbrook from?

One of them is a generational player and you have to be extremely lucky to get one of those.

That's the only problem?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40208
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the Unthinkable

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:38 pm

Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the unthinkable and get ejected from more games than that immature Bynum character.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19453
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the Unthinkable

Postby karacha on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:40 pm

Yeah...one only needs to find the best combo guard in the game, follow that with a 6-10 monster who is a top 2 player and one of the best shooters in the league, and complement them with some amazing defenders who are all young with crazy athleticism. Add killer scorer off the bench, who was one of the best SGs in the NBA feasting on the bench scrubs while playing good D -- but then replace him with another 15PPG shooting guard, who can hit 43% of his threes and over 90% of his free throws.

It kind of helps that the team as a whole is shooting the 3 at a 39% clip and FTs at around 84%.

Here are our numbers: 35% for 3. 69% FT. They average two more blocks per game too, play much better D in general and are significantly faster.

Then factor in their great resistance to injury. We just need to do the same. :man13:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37449
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the Unthinkable

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:43 pm

^^^MDA's fault.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19453
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the Unthinkable

Postby karacha on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:45 pm

He would have a lot of fun coaching in OKC, that's for sure.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37449
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the Unthinkable

Postby borri on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:03 pm

I dunno guys, i never really believed D12 will leave all this money on the table.

But the last 2 games, looks to me like he's mailed it in. He doesn't care anymore. Gives half the effort on D like he normally does.

I say he bolts. Play it safe and trade him. Blow it all up.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8037
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the Unthinkable

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:08 pm

bye dwight
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10404
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the Unthinkable

Postby karacha on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:08 pm

He just needs to be patient and survive this year. It will all get better from there.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37449
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the Unthinkable

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:11 pm

Is Howard ever going to return to his pre-back surgery form?

That's my concern.
Image
User avatar
Mr_Hollywood_Line

 
Posts: 2464
Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 10:07 pm
Location: The Low Post

Re: Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the Unthinkable

Postby TaniBoyz on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:13 pm

I wouldn't want to play for this coach too
Image
User avatar
TaniBoyz

 
Posts: 839
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:29 pm
Location: The Philippines

Re: Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the Unthinkable

Postby borri on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:15 pm

Mr_Hollywood_Line wrote:Is Howard ever going to return to his pre-back surgery form?

That's my concern.


I frankly don't think he's that injured. What i see is a lack of effort. His body language and play says to me...."I don't want to be here." I am sure that the system is to blame. He can't adjust to being second and third on the pecking order.

MIA game, he was dominating then we stopped giving him the ball. I think D12 did some thinking after that game and pretty much said to himself...F' it. We are seeing the aftermath of that decision the last 2 games.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8037
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the Unthinkable

Postby lakersStan24 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:58 am

We Musn't Lose Dwight at all costs
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
User avatar
lakersStan24

 
Posts: 744
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Re: Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the Unthinkable

Postby phoenixrisingla on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:10 am

I'm ok with losing Dwight: Goods not as advertised.

I'm also OK with keeping him as next year will likely be kobe's last, it seems like he doesnt like it here.

I hope management get to the truth of the matter and makes a good decision.
Image
User avatar
phoenixrisingla

 
Posts: 2277
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA!

Re: Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the Unthinkable

Postby Savory Griddles on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:29 am

I realize Dwight stands to lose a grip of money if he leaves here as a free agent, but he just seems so unhappy. I don’t think he ever wanted to be traded here, but he smiled and sucked it up when he arrived in Lakerland. Everyone was treating him like a king and who wouldn’t have a giant smile on their face with that kind of treatment. But the honeymoon period with everyone washing his balls has dissipated.

Make no mistake, the Nets are A LOT closer to competing than the Lakers. Dwight knows he is stuck with D’Antoni for the prime years of his career if he were to stay in LA because the Lakers can’t afford to pay both Mikes to sip margaritas on the beach while raking in 5 million a year.

Since the Lakers are stuck with D’Antoni, we should look to get players that fit that system, even though it likely means we will never win a title with it. If Love is available in a 3-way for Dwight, go for it. Trade Pau and Nash as well. A playoff berth is unattainable at this point, so start the fire sale.
User avatar
Savory Griddles

 
Posts: 9024
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:56 am
Location: AV,CA

Re: Lakers fear Dwight Howard will do the Unthinkable

Postby Rooscooter on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:11 pm

Savory Griddles wrote:I realize Dwight stands to lose a grip of money if he leaves here as a free agent, but he just seems so unhappy. I don’t think he ever wanted to be traded here, but he smiled and sucked it up when he arrived in Lakerland. Everyone was treating him like a king and who wouldn’t have a giant smile on their face with that kind of treatment. But the honeymoon period with everyone washing his balls has dissipated.

Make no mistake, the Nets are A LOT closer to competing than the Lakers. Dwight knows he is stuck with D’Antoni for the prime years of his career if he were to stay in LA because the Lakers can’t afford to pay both Mikes to sip margaritas on the beach while raking in 5 million a year.

Since the Lakers are stuck with D’Antoni, we should look to get players that fit that system, even though it likely means we will never win a title with it. If Love is available in a 3-way for Dwight, go for it. Trade Pau and Nash as well. A playoff berth is unattainable at this point, so start the fire sale.


I don't think he'll lose a lot of money if he forces his way to the Nets.... I think he'll make even more. NYC is a bigger potential market, Russia is a much larger market and the Owner there will broker endorsement deals for him..... and Adidas will finally offer him the "lifetime" endorsement deal like they did Rose in Chicago.

LA is a market with some competition.... CP3, Blake, Kobe..... NYC is fairly open other than Melo and he's not nearly as marketable as Howard.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22741
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.