33 game winning streak in jeopardy no more. final thoughts?

Re: lakers 33 game winning streak is in jeopardy!!!!

Postby S.R.05 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:41 pm

i'm really hoping they don't break the record

but if they do they deserve it, and they're playing phenomenal basketball right now
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby jlkr on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:40 pm

If Chicago can't do it, then look to the Spurs. Think Tony Parker will be back by that time and they will have been off the day before. But they play @MEM the very next night so will have to see how Pop handles this one. Why this is interesting is because it was when the Spurs played at Miami last fall that Pop sent 3 starters and a key reserve home and got the franchise fined $250k for that action. So all the starters will be there this time. Just have to see how hard Pop plays them knowing they have to play @MEM the next night. But I would think the Spurs would be playing for pride in front of their home fans and for showing Miami they can be beat should they face each other again in the Finals.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:42 pm

I don't think they will get to 33, 24 is a lot but they still have 9 to go to even tie it, won't happen.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Weezy on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:02 am

F****** Cavs. :bang: You can't hold a 27 point lead, come on.

And as amazing as this Heat winning streak is they have 14 losses on the season, which is crazy low, but it makes the Bulls 72-10 season look even more ridiculous. I can't believe a team did that seeing what the Heat are doing now, it's like this sort of domination for an entire season.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby kenzo on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:50 am

This years playoffs will be boring as hell :man6:
kenzo

Postby nameant on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:17 am

If they can be down 27 to the Cavs and almost lose, a number of teams have a chance. Eventually the cockiness will get to the Heat and they'll coast, thinking they can come back and win in the end and they'll fail.
nameant

Postby 432J on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:40 am

the eastern conference is such a joke

there is no way they'd get even close to 24 if they played mostly WC teams
:disagree:
432J

Postby 24/23goats on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:41 am

byron scott lost the game for my team and I apologize to you guys. As soon as he put daniel gibson and walton came on the floor the heat salivated at the opportunity and destroyed us. He kept riding them until the heat completely came back before he decided to take them out. Gibson hasnt played in months so idk why he decided to play him now and walton was having a terrible game from the first minute he was on the floor. That combined with no timeouts during the run made it easy for the heat to come back.
24/23goats

Postby Finwë on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:59 am

Weezy wrote:F****** Cavs. :bang: You can't hold a 27 point lead, come on.

And as amazing as this Heat winning streak is they have 14 losses on the season, which is crazy low, but it makes the Bulls 72-10 season look even more ridiculous. I can't believe a team did that seeing what the Heat are doing now, it's like this sort of domination for an entire season.

I'd been thinking about that bulls run too, how impressive it looks when you factor in that a team rolling like Miami is has no shot at matching what they did.

Regarding the Cavs game, they had no business being up 27 in the first place :man10:
They were playing without their best 3 players I think, and somehow they were making everything while the Heat was the direct opposite.. I knew it was only a matter of time.. Regardless of how big the deficit looked, the Cavs' being up was ALL about momentum, it was all about rythm. I knew that as soon as Miami scored a few in a row and got a few stops in a row, the Cavs would crumble. The talent disparity is just too huge, not to mention Miami's impressive ability to "turn it on" in certain stretches in both ends. First 2 and a half quarters they couldn't buy a shot, played terrible D and couldn't get a rebound, but as soon as they got a little momentum and "turned it on" then all of the sudden they were hitting 3s left and right (surround LeBron and Wade with shooters and you'll win.. It's incredible, Battier, Allen, Chalmers, Lewis, Cole, LeBron, even Wade sometimes, they all hit 3s on you), no rebounds went to the Cavs, no open shots for them, everything contested..
Gotta give them some props, but like I said, the Cavs had no business being up that much, and this was a game Miami should've been on top of from tip off.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:33 am

Weezy wrote:F****** Cavs. :bang: You can't hold a 27 point lead, come on.

What's really crazy is even with a 24 game winning streak they aren't even close to securing HCA for the entirety of the post-season. SAS is right on their heels

In fact the 08-09 Cavs were like even 60-13 at one point.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby TIME on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:49 am

Something just does not feel right about this Heat gameday thread in Lakers Discussion. :disagree:
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby retro_nights on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:54 am

so this is pretty much our doomsday thread, right?

some other forum is quoting everyone in here and having a great laugh.
---
Team lakers
retro_nights

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:20 am

I don't follow or watch other teams right now except Hou, GS, and the Jazz for the playoffs implication... Heat is very impressive right now but this will bite them in the arse later. Gunning for the streak record can destroy their repeat hopes. But good luck to them :man10:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby 33StraightWins on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:38 am

nameant wrote:If they can be down 27 to the Cavs and almost lose, a number of teams have a chance. Eventually the cockiness will get to the Heat and they'll coast, thinking they can come back and win in the end and they'll fail.

Yes as the world tunes in, these losing teams will play like wild dogs to beat them. It will make their year to beat the best team. Also the ghost of Wilt may have to take action. :man4:
33StraightWins

Postby gcclaker on Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:13 am

San Antonio is the ONLY team that could pose a threat in their remaining schedule. They are also fighting to keep their high seeding so I doubt Popovich will give his core rest.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:57 pm

retro_nights wrote:so this is pretty much our doomsday thread, right?

Those "other" teams don't have our history so let their fans laugh!
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby karacha on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:29 pm

retro_nights wrote:so this is pretty much our doomsday thread, right?

Nothing wrong with that. If we quote them, they can quote us. At least that means they are reading... and paying attention. It's all good.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:45 am

THey might do it, but it will take a toll on the team's freshness in the playoffs. That can raise the chances of injury.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:30 am

if the west was as easy as the east the lakers could be 5th seed with all the stuggles. so cheap....okc should be in the eastern conference if you ask me...west as enough power teams. east has 1. the heat are an automatic ecf team every years. the west you never can tell
Ariza3

Postby dj vitus on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:45 am

gcclaker wrote:San Antonio is the ONLY team that could pose a threat in their remaining schedule. They are also fighting to keep their high seeding so I doubt Popovich will give his core rest.

To me it seems like Pop doesn't care about their record as long as they're top 3. Which baffles me because they lose home court in the later rounds.

Whatever floats his boat I guess.

I wouldn't be surprised if they all sat out the Miami game just to prep for the Memphis game since "they're likely to meet them in the playoffs." Umm, Miami is the team they should worry about, since that's the last stop for a ring.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby lakerzkb8 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:40 am

432J wrote:the eastern conference is such a joke

there is no way they'd get even close to 24 if they played mostly WC teams
:disagree:

They're 23-5 against Western Conference teams.

East is a joke.....except the Miami cHeat.
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'! - Chick Hearn RIP
lakerzkb8

Postby karacha on Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:35 pm

And here we go again! Miami is down by 10 to the scary "Bad Boys" Detroit team. Maybe their streak will stop today. :mhihi:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Sooner or later the "luck" will run out. Before anyone jumps on the "luck" statement I am not saying Miami got lucky to win 24 in a row. I am saying that some of those wins have gotten that "one bounce" or that "roll of the rim miss." In other words I wonder what happens when the ball doesn't bounce their way? They have played with fire in several games. Could the lowly Pistons be the team? I wouldn't put money on it but also wouldn't put it in the impossible file either.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby 33StraightWins on Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:43 pm

Detroit only scored 14 points in the 3rd quarter. Miami winning in the 4th. :disagree:
33StraightWins

Postby Forward Three on Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:47 pm

This heat team is just ridiculous right now. It's like, at any given time they just decide "okay, you're not scoring any more points" and that's that.
Forward Three

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion