Lakers Games: Who Sits Where

Lakers Games: Who Sits Where

Postby bystander on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:29 am

pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Re: Lakers Games: Who Sits Where

Postby eNlight on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:56 am

is andy garcia out of it now? last time, last year, he was still a SSH and where the hell is flea? these two were from the forum to staples.
eNlight

Postby TIME on Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:25 am

Richard Simmons? :man3:
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:02 am

Ah, so that familiar Asian lady we always see at the home games is named Yori...
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby D.B. Cooper on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:22 am

Would you guys "bump uglies" with Yori for lifetime court side seats? :man11:
D.B. Cooper

Postby Chopper on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:33 pm

hey! You forgot my seat and photo! Kidding

Cool chart
Chopper

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:49 pm

I wish more real Lakers fans will be at Staples (though some of these stars are real fans) , especially in the one hundred sections ... full of people who don't know anything about B-Ball , are missing half of the game and not interested in the action the other half
wcsoldier81

Postby Legendary on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:03 pm

D.B. Cooper wrote:Would you guys "bump uglies" with Yori for lifetime court side seats? :man11:

Yep...no hesitation.
Legendary

Postby kray28 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:06 pm

D.B. Cooper wrote:Would you guys "bump uglies" with Yori for lifetime court side seats? :man11:

In a NY minute. :jam2:

Only thing....her seat is next to the visitor bench, not ideal. I know Jack sits there too, and enjoys chatting up the visitor coach and stuff.

That's not my style, I'm in full on hater mode when the game is on.

Norm Pattiz (rolled up program guy), has the best seats in the house....better view of the full court and right at the edge of the Laker bench.
kray28

Postby StudentOfTheGame on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:21 pm

So her name is Yori!

I can't remember not seeing her during a game at Staples. That woman is one legit fan.
StudentOfTheGame

Postby gcclaker on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:24 pm

TIME wrote:Richard Simmons? :man3:

Yep...that threw me off too. What? I am surprised as well that Andy Garcia's seat wasn't pinned. Off topic, I thought he did a great job narrating the Laker ESPN special in "The Association" last year.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakeshow75 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:38 pm

It's this Richard Simmons:

http://www.sheppardmullin.com/rsimmons

You've seen him a million times at games, sitting behind the announcers table for national TV games (usually wearing a red shirt) and probably never knew who he was. I went to a seminar he gave once, and he's a super cool guy. And a HUGE Laker fan who has had seats since the 80's.
Lakeshow75

Postby bystander on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:46 pm

It's also interesting the article

In a town where influence and money can guarantee just about anything, there remains one untouchable frontier in the it’s-all-about-who-you-know game of Hollywood: courtside Lakers tickets. Even Jerry Buss, team owner since 1979, has been unable to secure permanent residence as the seats are grandfathered from owner to owner. After notoriously offering courtside ticket holders a premium for their spots — none was willing to forfeit — Buss and his family were relegated to one of the arena’s 160 luxury suites. So how does one get courtside? Patience (lots) and friends both powerful and generous.
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby gcclaker on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:57 pm

Lakeshow75 wrote:It's this Richard Simmons:

http://www.sheppardmullin.com/rsimmons

You've seen him a million times at games, sitting behind the announcers table for national TV games (usually wearing a red shirt) and probably never knew who he was. I went to a seminar he gave once, and he's a super cool guy. And a HUGE Laker fan who has had seats since the 80's.

Thank you for clearing that up... I wasn't really sure myself. Seemed like an odd coincidence. Getting back to THAT Richard Simmons, his firm is a client of ours. Hmmm....
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby D.B. Cooper on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:38 pm

kray28 wrote:

Norm Pattiz (rolled up program guy), has the best seats in the house....better view of the full court and right at the edge of the Laker bench.

Yeah his or Ari's seats would be nice.

Lakeshow75 wrote:It's this Richard Simmons:

I had a feeling it was him I just didn't know what Law firm he worked for. I remember him making the roadtrip to ORL for the Finals.
D.B. Cooper

Postby BigDan24 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:10 pm

kray28 wrote:Norm Pattiz (rolled up program guy), has the best seats in the house....better view of the full court and right at the edge of the Laker bench.

Didn't knew his name until now (also called him rolled up program man), but i love this guy. He's always into the game and is barking at the refs all the time! :bow:
BigDan24

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:32 pm

Thanks, bystander. Now I want to know the name of the old white lady who always sits next to Yori. :man10:
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby gcclaker on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:42 pm

mamatheregoesthatman wrote:Thanks, bystander. Now I want to know the name of the old white lady who always sits next to Yori. :man10:

There's another one who sits next to the Laker bench. Maybe we're thinking of the same one. She was even featured in the 2000 Championship DVD sighing after Rose made a three pointer during Game 6. There was one game where Bryant picking up a towel off the floor then tossing it aside accidentally hit her in the face.

The chart though covers the staple [no pun intended] celebs that do attend the games. Flea and Keadis have been mentioned but Tom Petty has been a regular. Oh, and where is Ice Cube's? I know he talked about having a suite where he gets really into it...screaming at the players, at the refs.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:17 pm

gcclaker wrote:
mamatheregoesthatman wrote:Thanks, bystander. Now I want to know the name of the old white lady who always sits next to Yori. :man10:

There's another one who sits next to the Laker bench. Maybe we're thinking of the same one. She was even featured in the 2000 Championship DVD sighing after Rose made a three pointer during Game 6. There was one game where Bryant picking up a towel off the floor then tossing it aside accidentally hit her in the face.

She has short gray hair and sits on Yori's left (so she's to the right of Yori if we're facing them), and she often claps and/or smiles when the Lakers score. She's usually rather subdued in her reactions, but it's clear that she and Yori are devoted courtside fans. :jam2:

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby jlkr on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:29 pm

I was in San Antonio a couple of weeks back and I decided to go to a Spurs game for the heck of it. Went to see Spurs vs Denver. Denver didn't show up so it turned out to be a dog of a game. But when I was online researching seats to buy (Ticketmaster.com), I noticed that there were a couple of courtside seats on the baseline that were available for $1500 each. I'm guessing the same seats in LA run about $2700 each? Me, I spent $50 and got a seat in the 2nd row of the upper tier. Decent seat, that. Have to say AT&T Center is a very nice arena.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:35 pm

jlkr wrote:I'm guessing the same seats in LA run about $2700 each?

It depends on which team the Lakers are playing, and where the game is being played. At the website below, if you scroll down, you'll see the ticket prices on the right of the games that have not yet taken place. The home games usually cost more.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2011_games.html

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby eNlight on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:12 pm

has anyone noticed that some guys run talent agencies and only use those seats to serve their clientele? what a shame, i know they're paying folk and contribute to the revenue stream, but man, they are also the quiet ones when at times we need them to be loud.

and has anyone tried to get SSH? you have to be on a waiting list even if you're willing to pay more than the asking price by 20%.
eNlight

Postby GinoDB on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:24 pm

kray28 wrote:

In a NY minute. :jam2:

Only thing....her seat is next to the visitor bench, not ideal. I know Jack sits there too, and enjoys chatting up the visitor coach and stuff.

That's not my style, I'm in full on hater mode when the game is on.

I say yes too, but yeah not sure about being that close to the visiting team- il get kicked out, lol
GinoDB

Return to Lakers Discussion