Lakers Interested In Leandro Barbosa?

Re: Lakers Interested In Leandro Barbosa?

Postby khmrP on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:06 pm

The Rock wrote:I'd rather have Bill Walker...47% FG, 38% 3 FG career shooter. Good defender. Can play SG/SF. Very feisty. Hes a bit temperamental but we could use someone like that.

wonder if NY would be interested in a S&T for Mcbob, rumors say they want Amundson so they are looking for another big and Walker is probably no longer in their plan with Coplan signing and that other guy who is a SF as well.
khmrP

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:38 pm

Don't know why everyone is so down on Barbosa. Sure he's not what he was in Phoenix, but he's still a double digit scorer. We still need another scorer off the bench.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:41 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Don't know why everyone is so down on Barbosa. Sure he's not what he was in Phoenix, but he's still a double digit scorer. We still need another scorer off the bench.

it's more to the fact of his inconsistency of late, albeit is good showing in the Olympics.

I think people prefer the floor spreading abilities of Meeks because what our team makeup is, and the fact that we lack shooters.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:56 pm

^ Meeks isn't a better ahooter though.

Last season Meeks shot 40.9 percent from the field and 36.5 from 3.

Last season Barbosa shot 41.7 percent from the field and 39.2 from 3.

Barbosa is clearly the better player and shooter.
Last edited by Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:08 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Don't know why everyone is so down on Barbosa. Sure he's not what he was in Phoenix, but he's still a double digit scorer. We still need another scorer off the bench.

Meeks isn't a better ahooter though.

Barbosa shot 38.2% from three last season, not 39.2%. He also took 96 fewer threes than Meeks. I agree that Barbosa is probably the better shooter given that he's shot higher percentages on higher usage in the past, not to mention that he's been playing much longer than Meeks, but part of me wonders how much better Meeks could be from deep if he had more than just Iguodala and Brand around him. Barbosa for example looked much better from deep in Indy among better talent than he did in Toronto.
Last edited by bruddahmanmatt on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby LooN3y on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:11 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:

it's more to the fact of his inconsistency of late, albeit is good showing in the Olympics.

I think people prefer the floor spreading abilities of Meeks because what our team makeup is, and the fact that we lack shooters.

lol isnt he the MAN on the olympics? and when he was on phoenix there wasnt a dominate alpha male scorer on the team. u had steve nash finding you the ball.

if barbosa shares the floor with kobe, im not sure how its going to work. barbosa creates alot of his own shots, i dont think thatll happen to often unless the perimeter players on the floor isnt named kobe bryant
LooN3y

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:13 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:

You quoted yourself and argued against yourself... and made a poor point.

I already showed you in a post on the last page that Barbosa outside of the last 22 games has shot only 34% from deep for the last 144 games.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby thkthebest on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:17 pm

We also have Nash, Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum. We have Jamison off the bench. I think that's enough firepower. We need some good roleplayers that can defend. A 33 year-old Artest and Bynum (usually) can't be our only good defenders.
thkthebest

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:48 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:

You quoted yourself and argued against yourself... and made a poor point.

I already showed you in a post on the last page that Barbosa outside of the last 22 games has shot only 34% from deep for the last 144 games.

Lol that was clearly a mistake on my part, but the stats clearly show Meeks isn't a better shooter than Barbosa like you claim he is.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:51 pm

I never said that. I said they were equal shooters.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LooN3y on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:27 pm

thkthebest wrote:We also have Nash, Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum. We have Jamison off the bench. I think that's enough firepower. We need some good roleplayers that can defend. A 33 year-old Artest and Bynum (usually) can't be our only good defenders.

a good defender that can hit an open 3,

is that too much to ask for?
LooN3y

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:28 pm

LooN3y wrote:
thkthebest wrote:We also have Nash, Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum. We have Jamison off the bench. I think that's enough firepower. We need some good roleplayers that can defend. A 33 year-old Artest and Bynum (usually) can't be our only good defenders.

No, there's a few guys out there that fit that bill.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:15 pm

I still want Meeks more, but damn that was pretty nice.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby jamabile on Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:36 pm

^That was nice. The last two teams he played for (Toronto, Indiana) didn't have the talent that we have on our team, obviously. I'm hoping, if we acquire him, that playing with better talent will make the game easier for him, and he'll have a chance to excel.

Nice video, though...
jamabile

Postby lkrfn85 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:14 pm

Barbosa would be a great addition to this team (if he comes for the minimum) because he can bring us a change of pace off the bench, and some scoring to a bench unit that was last in the league at 21 points a game last year. If he doesn't have it going, we will still be ok, with Nash, KB, Pau, Andrew, and Jamison as capable scorers on this team.

If the bench is having trouble scoring, we can throw Barbosa in to get us some quick baskets, and pick up the pace on the bench, similar to the Lakers' bench in 09 that would come in and speed up the pace of the game with Farmar as the PG.

If Barbosa isn't playing well, we can throw Blake out there to run the offense (or put them together and play Barbosa at the 2). Having a scorer like Barbosa gives us more versatility at a low cost.
lkrfn85

Postby Center Court on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:50 pm

Barbosa is a much much much better player than Meeks. Everyone keeps down playing Barbosa because he's had a slow couple years, but a) he's been unleathy b) he's been playing on teams with no talent c) he's used incoorectly and behind similar players d) he's not with Nash

In LA he'd be a terrific fit in the sense that he can create offense. If we are worried about not having a designated perimeter shooter, then we should just sign Webster. Plus, Barbososa and Jamison off the benchputs Blake more into a spot up shooter role. Blake/Barbosa/Webster/Jamison/Hill is a very good bench.
Center Court

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:49 pm

I don't think Barbosa is a better player than Meeks.. But there's no doubt he's more well suited to play PG. Anything that can keep Blake off the floor/hopefully even get him traded is a huge bonus.. Nash's backup will be more important than Kobe's.. So I think Barbosa is more valuable to us.. I'd love to get both & dump one of our guards for Austin Daye to shore up backup SF..
lakersin4

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:51 pm

lakersin4 wrote:I don't think Barbosa is a better player than Meeks.. But there's no doubt he's more well suited to play PG. Anything that can keep Blake off the floor/hopefully even get him traded is a huge bonus.. Nash's backup will be more important than Kobe's.. So I think Barbosa is more valuable to us.. I'd love to get both & dump one of our guards for Austin Daye to shore up backup SF..

Why and how? We don't even have a legitimate backup for Kobe.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:54 pm

Center Court wrote:Barbosa is a much much much better player than Meeks.

He's an older player, so he has a longer resume. Much, much better? In what way? He is faster and is maybe a better creator, but he's also a defensive liability most of the time. Meeks isn't the world's best defender, but he's not bad either.
Center Court wrote: Plus, Barbososa and Jamison off the benchputs Blake more into a spot up shooter role. Blake/Barbosa/Webster/Jamison/Hill is a very good bench.

Blake in a spot up shooter role isn't necessarily successful because he doesn't shoot often enough.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Fulzgold on Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:42 am

LooN3y wrote:

Bruce Bowen? :man13:
Larry Spriggs --> Mike Smrek --> Mike Penberthy--> DJ Mbenga
Fulzgold

Postby nthydro on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:48 am

Center Court wrote:Barbosa is a much much much better player than Meeks. Everyone keeps down playing Barbosa because he's had a slow couple years, but a) he's been unleathy b) he's been playing on teams with no talent c) he's used incoorectly and behind similar players d) he's not with Nash

In LA he'd be a terrific fit in the sense that he can create offense. If we are worried about not having a designated perimeter shooter, then we should just sign Webster. Plus, Barbososa and Jamison off the benchputs Blake more into a spot up shooter role. Blake/Barbosa/Webster/Jamison/Hill is a very good bench.

You make some good points. When was the last time we had another guard besides Kobe that can create his own shot? Nash can, but he's more of a pass first guy. Barbosa is a natural scorer and he'd get plenty of playing time backing up Kobe and Nash.
nthydro

Postby Weezy on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:11 pm

I've been watching almost every Olympic men's basketball game that's been on, I've seen at least 3 Brazil games, and if he would actually come here for the minimum or we would spend the mini-MLE, I would love to have Barbosa. Can he defend, no not really, but he is still super fast and from what I've seen he can still shoot and is a scorer for sure. I would love to have him coming off our bench.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby jamabile on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:27 pm

Hopefully now with Howard, Barbosa will feel more inclined to take a paycut to come contribute & win a ring...
jamabile

Postby Mookie on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:42 pm

Barbosa to L.A? He's always been one of my most hated players ever, that means he's good and gives us trouble always. Sign him!
Mookie

Warriors Interested In Lester Hudson; Also Leandro Barbosa?

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:15 am

Warriors Interested In Lester Hudson; Also Leandro Barbosa?

Filling in for an injured Kyrie Irving, Lester Hudson blew up last season for the Cavaliers during a five-game stretch in early April. Averaging well over 20 points and 5 assists per game in that stretch, the young point guard was quickly picked up by the Memphis Grizzlies for their playoff run. He is now an unrestricted free agent, and has received some interest from the Warriors apparently. The same outlet is hearing speculation that Golden State might also be targeting free agent Leandro Barbosa.

http://www.iamagm.com/article/warriors- ... C0pYKDlSHc
Kobe8Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion