Lakers Interested In Leandro Barbosa?

Re: Lakers Interested In Leandro Barbosa?

Postby last stand on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:17 am

They proved the baby was white
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:21 am

Doc Brown wrote:Meeks / Barbosa / Miles....

We have to get 2 out of 3 of these guys. Definitely Miles, either Barbosa or Meeks is a must.

Umm no. We only really need one. If we get two that'd be terrific, but do we absolutely have to get two of those guys? Absolutely not.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby John3:16 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:41 am

KeepBynum wrote:I wasn't aware Dwight was traded to the Lakers.

You didn't hear? Oh man, you gotta check out the Dwight thread. It's in there........ somewhere.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:45 am

doubt we'll get any of the 3. agents using lakers to increase their player's interest around the league. its what i would do. we'd be lucky to geet 1 of these guys and if we somehow do it'll be the worst of them all if you can pick 1
Ariza3

Postby The Laker Link on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:54 am

John3:16 wrote:

You didn't hear? Oh man, you gotta check out the Dwight thread. It's in there........ somewhere.

I was drinking water while reading this.....I almost choked on my water.
The Laker Link

Postby khmrP on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Ariza3 wrote:doubt we'll get any of the 3. agents using lakers to increase their player's interest around the league. its what i would do. we'd be lucky to geet 1 of these guys and if we somehow do it'll be the worst of them all if you can pick 1

yep, when it Meeks I kinda believe it than Miles came in got a lil suspicious and now Barbosa too, pretty much confirms all 3 using us to get their name in the headlines.
khmrP

Postby Frank Dux on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:31 pm

Barbosa + Miles would help solidify our bench. I really don't want to go into the season with Goudelock, Ebanks, Morris, Eyenga, and co. expected to contribute. With those scrubs still hanging around, Kobe and co. will still have to play 36+ minutes a game, which is unacceptable at this point.
Frank Dux
Clublakers Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:39 pm

khmrP wrote:
Ariza3 wrote:doubt we'll get any of the 3. agents using lakers to increase their player's interest around the league. its what i would do. we'd be lucky to geet 1 of these guys and if we somehow do it'll be the worst of them all if you can pick 1

yep, when it Meeks I kinda believe it than Miles came in got a lil suspicious and now Barbosa too, pretty much confirms all 3 using us to get their name in the headlines.

I disagree. If any of them look like name dropping, it's this one. The other ones were far more widely reported and one came from Meeks' mouth himself.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:44 pm

^^^yea, but wasn't Miles report since Mon and he was expected to make a decision in the next 2-3days since that report?
khmrP

Postby Helljumper on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:45 pm

khmrP wrote:

... Or maybe we clearly need a back-up SG and SF so we actually are interested in some of the only decent ones still available in our price range :freak2:
Helljumper

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:48 pm

No thanks he's playing 1 on 5 every time he has the ball ...

1. put his head down
2. dribble , dribble , dribble
3. as the shot clock goes down , he's either chucking a long J with bad results most of the time or attacking the basket with a decent outcome but offensive fouls/bad pass ( last choice) which ends up out of bounds aren't rare
he's the biggest ballhog in this league and that's saying a lot in the NBA
wcsoldier81

Postby khmrP on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:48 pm

Helljumper wrote:
khmrP wrote:

... Or maybe we clearly need a back-up SG and SF so we actually are interested in some of the only decent ones still available in our price range :freak2:

wouldn't that suggest why they would use Lakers as "one of the teams" Meeks is the only 1 out of the 3 that actually said something in regards to the lakers and even than he doesn't sound like this is the situation for him.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:55 pm

khmrP wrote:^^^yea, but wasn't Miles report since Mon and he was expected to make a decision in the next 2-3days since that report?

Dwight Howard was also supposed to be traded weeks ago. The Lakers, Meeks, and Miles are all weighing their options. No big deal.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:57 pm

John3:16 wrote:

:man10:
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby 432J on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:15 pm

i have a feeling they won't land any of the 3. like people have said earlier, these agents just throw the lakers out there so other teams up their offers
432J

Postby KB24 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:21 pm

If he could shoot, he would be interesting.

He is fast, dumb like a rock and on the decline.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:29 pm

im on the fence with him. straight from a pirate's ship, but he'd def be an upgrade for our bench and backup for kobe. his last 2 years with nash in phx he gave:

24mins 14.2PPG 48.2FG% 37.53PT%
18mins 9.5PPG 42.5FG% and 32.43PT%

and last season was:

21mins 11.1PPG 42.5FG% 38.23PT%

the guy is only 6-3 so im sure he'd find time backing up Kobe and Nash too sometimes. But for vet min. if he can give those numbers in or close to them id be happy. i think the only way he'd get 20ish mins is if he not only backs up kobe but if kobe slides over to the 3 and plays with him and nash for some periods of time in a game. thats if we dont get meeks or miles first.

1) Meeks
2) Miles
3) Barbosa
Ariza3

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:34 pm

I guess for the Vet's minimum he'd be okay, but he doesn't play any D and I wouldn't mind if we just passed on him frankly.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby jamabile on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:36 pm

He'd be an uprgrade over anything on our bench when it comes to the our wing players. He's obviously not going to close any games. He'll come in stretches to backup Nash/Kobe and provide much needed scoring from that position. I'd sign him. Obviously, I would rather have Meeks at that position but Barbosa isn't a bad option.
jamabile

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:13 pm

How about we just get all 3?

Sign and Trade for CJ Miles...let the Jazz take Steve Blake since they're lacking a back up PG to Mo Williams right now. And they love white players.

Sign and Trade for Meeks, using Josh McRoberts expiring K, as the Sixers need a back up PF.

Sign Barbosa for the vet's min or part of the MMLE (2M) for 1 year.

Barbosa
Meeks
Miles
Jamison
Hill

Hands down the best bench in the league.
FabFourLakers

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:23 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:How about we just get all 3?

Sign and Trade for CJ Miles...let the Jazz take Steve Blake since they're lacking a back up PG to Mo Williams right now. And they love white players.

Sign and Trade for Meeks, using Josh McRoberts expiring K, as the Sixers need a back up PF.

Sign Barbosa for the vet's min or part of the MMLE (2M) for 1 year.

Barbosa
Meeks
Miles
Jamison
Hill

Hands down the best bench in the league.

Not bad, definitely not a bad idea. The only problem is that I think the Lakers are holding onto McRoberts because of the Dwightmare. He's a great fit for what they want.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:48 pm

KeepBynum wrote:

We have to get 2 out of 3 of these guys. Definitely Miles, either Barbosa or Meeks is a must.

Umm no. We only really need one. If we get two that'd be terrific, but do we absolutely have to get two of those guys? Absolutely not.

I disagree with everything you said.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Weezy on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:01 pm

Eh, we could probably do better, but we could probably do worse as well, he's a better backup than anyone we currently have.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby NeeJee on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:14 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
KeepBynum wrote:

I disagree with everything you said.

:man10:
NeeJee

Postby marcelo on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:48 pm

I've met Barbosa a couple of times, worked with him when he served as a commentator during the league finals in Brazil. He's the nicest guy, very humble (wouldn't nail Nash's wife for sure lol), and I would love to see a Brazilian playing for the Lakers. But I think CJ Miles would fit our needs better.
marcelo

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion