Lakers Interested In Leandro Barbosa?

Re: Lakers Interested In Leandro Barbosa?

Postby therealdeal on Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:03 pm

last stand wrote:
my proof is 82games.com 56% assisted scoring in phoenix. while having 5% passer rating in each of those seasons. compared to blakes 11%. so like i said, barbosa isn't a passer but he's also not a black hole.

barbosa is a proven playoff bench performer. we would have been lucky to have someone average 10ppg in the playoffs. something barbosa has done for his career. he'd be an improvement. and he'd get more open shots then he's ever had

having said that its not a do or die move.

I'm unfamiliar with that ranking. Does a 5% passer rating mean he passes the ball 5% of the time? And if he does it at less half the rate of Blake, who isn't a great (or even good) point guard, then what does that tell you about Barbosa? The man is simply not a PG and he simply will not move the ball at the rate that even Blake will. It's not as if I love Blake, but Barbosa is not the answer at backup PG.

I already proved to you that outside of one good playoff run, Barbosa is an underwhelming playoff performer. And no he wouldn't get more open shots than ever because the Suns team he was part of ran the 7 second offense meaning he'd get open looks offensively ever few seconds. In a half court set, yes. He'd get more open shots than he's ever had.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Johnnyboy on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:48 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Johnnyboy wrote:its funny that everyone says barbosa is an undersized 2 guard and then rant and rave about meeks who is the same height as barbosa

Meeks is taller than Barbosa. Not to mention he's also stronger and has a better build.

They are both 6'4...Well some sites have barbosa at 6'3 some have him at 6'4...Either way. You get my point.
Johnnyboy

Postby therealdeal on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:59 pm

Johnnyboy wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Johnnyboy wrote:its funny that everyone says barbosa is an undersized 2 guard and then rant and rave about meeks who is the same height as barbosa

Meeks is taller than Barbosa. Not to mention he's also stronger and has a better build.

They are both 6'4...Well some sites have barbosa at 6'3 some have him at 6'4...Either way. You get my point.

Barbosa is a generous 6'3" and Meeks is 6'4".

And yes I get your point, I just disagree with it. Height is not the only metric of size.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby rockorego on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:42 am

so what's the deal with barbosa? has he sign with anyone yet? we need to get this kid on your team A.S.A.P! because the kid is a pure scorer and if he was playing in that preseason game against the warriors we wouldn't have be out scored 30-0.
rockorego

Postby Wrath12X on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:52 am

He's still a free agent... :disagree:
Wrath12X

Postby Frank Dux on Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:06 am

last stand wrote:barbosa is also a proven playoff performer.

Barbosa's playoff numbers are actually pretty underwhelming. His career playoff PER is 11.2(below average), and a career playoff TS% of .506%.

Now let's talk about about his most recent playoff run, where he shot a horrific 37% from the field(.402TS%), a PER of 5.2, and 15% from 3 on nearly 3 attempts a game through eleven games. Now, we all know Blake is bad, but Leandro was a liability.
Frank Dux
Clublakers Moderator

Postby drummer75 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:46 pm

I know it's only one preseason game but I hope Buss & Kupchak saw the continued ineffectiveness of Blake & Duhon. They're basicly the same type player. With Blake a slightly better shooter & Duhon a bit better defender. Neither can get the backup job done. Neither can make their own shot or go one on one. Neither is much of a point guard & neither can defend any of the better point guards. While Barbosa is more of a 2 than a 1 guard, he can get his on shot. Which is better having ie Westbrook go for 35 on them while they score maybe 5, or Westbrook getting 35 while Barbosa would get about 12? Actually, Barbosa being a better athlete, he would have a better chance staying in front of Westbrook & cutting his points down a bit. Let's trade either or both Blake & Duhon & sign Barbosa & Carlos Arroyo, whose also better than both. Peace
drummer75

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Whatever game you were watching wasn't the same one I was watching.

Blake looked good.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby ben_ready on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:07 am

Blake is trash, I'd prefer Morris or a not ready djo. Especially since barbosa wants yell™
great "scott"! you're too "green", and not "worthy" enough to taste the "magic" "kareem"(cream)/You flew the "coop" "west" so don't fuss just drive the "buss"(bus),while i eat my "chick" n' "stu"(chicken stew) in the aisle,"back 2 back" with "riles" my favorite laker squad
ben_ready

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:12 am

ben_ready wrote:Blake is trash, I'd prefer Morris or a not ready djo. Especially since barbosa wants yell™

So Barbosa wants yell™?

So yell™ is a person, place, or thing.

One step closer to unlocking the mystery, that is yell™.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:18 am

It'd be awesome if ben_ready was just some alter ego of Mitch Kupchak seeing fan reactions to the young guys he's been drafting...

We don't like Darius, Mitch! Let him go!
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:21 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
ben_ready wrote:Blake is trash, I'd prefer Morris or a not ready djo. Especially since barbosa wants yell™

So Barbosa wants yell™?

So yell™ is a person, place, or thing.

One step closer to unlocking the mystery, that is yell™.

:man10: :man10:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby vaitimeri on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:12 pm

Don't know how true this is, but if its true you can rule him out....

http://www.terezowens.com/suns-teammate ... shs-child/
"We're in this together, Phil and me," he said. "I can't imagine looking over there and not seeing him waiting on me." -Kobe
vaitimeri

Postby nthydro on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:43 am

vaitimeri wrote:Don't know how true this is, but if its true you can rule him out....

http://www.terezowens.com/suns-teammate ... shs-child/

I don't think Nash would be recruiting Barbosa if it was true...
nthydro

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion