Lakers Intrigued By Tyreke Evans?

Re: Lakers Intrigued By Tyreke Evans?

Postby Savory Griddles on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:17 pm

The Lakers are interested because the writer needs page hits.
Savory Griddles

Postby trodgers on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:14 pm

If Evans is a one-way player, he at least has athleticism. We'd be moving him for a no-way player with no athleticism. And for a combo guard, he passes just fine.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:15 pm

trodgers wrote:If Evans is a one-way player, he at least has athleticism. We'd be moving him for a no-way player with no athleticism. And for a combo guard, he passes just fine.

Good point.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:40 pm

trodgers wrote:If Evans is a one-way player, he at least has athleticism. We'd be moving him for a no-way player with no athleticism. And for a combo guard, he passes just fine.

Yeah, this. He gets to the rim which is something we seriously have none of outside of Nash and Kobe and they're the old ones...

I'd much rather go after someone more explosive, but I think this kid's stock is about as low as you could possibly get.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:44 pm

therealdeal wrote:

Yeah, this. He gets to the rim which is something we seriously have none of outside of Nash and Kobe and they're the old ones...

I'd much rather go after someone more explosive, but I think this kid's stock is about as low as you could possibly get.

Metta, has been getting to the hoop decently this season.

Your point definitely still stands though.
phoenixrisingla

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:51 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Metta, has been getting to the hoop decently this season.

Your point definitely still stands though.

He gets in there but usually he's either blocked by the rim or by another player :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:52 pm

^ Could be worse. He could be Meeks.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:57 pm

trodgers wrote:^ Could be worse. He could be Meeks.

:man10: you mean consistently putting the ball in the defender's chest?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:03 pm

Hey leave Meeks out of this :man2: :man2: ......

He doesn't actually get to the rim, the ball goes one way, he's goes the other and neither end up at the rim.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:05 pm

^^ Made me laugh because I had a mini-slideshow in my mind of this happening this season. :man10:
phoenixrisingla

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:07 pm

therealdeal wrote:Waive Morris and Ebanks.

Trade Gasol for Evans/Salmons/Brooks

Nash/Brooks/Duhon
Evans/Meeks
Bryant/Salmons
Jamison/Clark
Howard/Sacre

Once Hill gets back, he'll start and Sacre will pop out of the rotation in favor of small ball with Jamison/Clark.

For the record, I don't like it :man10:

I picked Salmons because he's non guranteed for 2014/2015 (our rebuild) and he's got a back loaded contract, so he's expensive but manageable.

What happened to Ron???? I do like this -- gives us speed, scorers off the bench, and Reke and Salmons can defend well. They also have that edge -- you can tell they are competitive and hate losing. Having Ron, Hill, Jamison, and Clark rotate in at PF would be ok, as MDA will go with the hot hand and energy guy.

Having Tyreke, Kobe, Salmons, and Ron to throw at guys like Westbrook, Wade, Mayo, the Beard, etc. would also be ideal. I don't love this, but don't hate it either. Evans playing with Kobe, Dwight, Nash, and Ron could be scary good on both ends of the floor.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:31 pm

Whoops :man10: I could have sworn I fixed that...

Nash/Brooks/Duhon
Evans/Meeks
Bryant/Salmons
Hill/Artest/Clark or Jamison
Howard/Hill or Clark
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Frank Dux on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:46 pm

I would love to grab Tyreke. He can be somewhat of a bonehead, and there can be lapses in focus at times. I don't think he's a bad guy though(like Demarcus), and a change of scenery to a quality ball club would do wonders(like McGee).

I haven't seen too much of him lately, but Kings fans say he's a solid defensive player, excellent off ball, and can get to the rim. He can't shoot worth damn, that's for sure, but I think we could find a way to use him.
Frank Dux

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:53 pm

Can drive to the hoop with ease, great finisher, would be nice to see with Nash but I would look at a player that would bring a bigger impact, like Rudy Gay.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby XXIV on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:32 pm

He definitely brings an element to the game that we haven't had since perhaps Sessions. While he's not a good shooter I'm sure we can use him in a lineup where he can collapse the defense and have the opportunity to either dish it or make the layup.
XXIV

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:34 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:Can drive to the hoop with ease, great finisher, would be nice to see with Nash but I would look at a player that would bring a bigger impact, like Rudy Gay.

You realize Tyreke had a better overall statline than Rudy's best year, in his rookie year? In addition to being 3 years younger & making 11M less.. Reke is for sure the better value.. Better player between the 2 isn't clear cut.
lakersin4

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:47 pm

therealdeal wrote:Whoops :man10: I could have sworn I fixed that...

Nash/Brooks/Duhon
Evans/Meeks
Bryant/Salmons
Hill/Artest/Clark or Jamison
Howard/Hill or Clark

If we could pluck Hayes out of that deal as well, he would be a solid backup to D12 for 10-12 minutes a night. They would probably have no use for him after having Pau/Cousins/Thompson/Robinson. :man1:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:57 pm

lakersin4 wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:Can drive to the hoop with ease, great finisher, would be nice to see with Nash but I would look at a player that would bring a bigger impact, like Rudy Gay.

You realize Tyreke had a better overall statline than Rudy's best year, in his rookie year? In addition to being 3 years younger & making 11M less.. Reke is for sure the better value.. Better player between the 2 isn't clear cut.

Do you realize Tyreke has regressed statistically every single year & that rookie year was his best? I would take Gay & slide Metta to the bench. Gay can provide quicker & longer perimeter D than Metta can at this point. Assuming we only get rid of Pau (which won't happen) this would be our line up

Nash
Kobe
Gay
Hill
Dwight

Duhon
Morris
Meeks
Metta
Jamison or Clark

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Armani on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:01 pm

Hmm...

PG Nash/Tyreke
SG Meeks/Tyreke
SF Kobe / Salmons
PF MWP/ Clark
C Dwight / Hill

9 man rotation. Looks solid. Duhon, Ebanks and Sacre round off the rotation as 10-12 men. IMO that rotation works better for a D'Antoni offense, 4 guys that can shoot to surround Dwight... and Tyreke as 6th man would be awesome, if he's willing to accept it.
Armani

Postby trodgers on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:22 pm

Meeks Ds up
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby trodgers on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:25 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:

Do you realize Tyreke has regressed statistically every single year & that rookie year was his best? I would take Gay & slide Metta to the bench. Gay can provide quicker & longer perimeter D than Metta can at this point. Assuming we only get rid of Pau (which won't happen) this would be our line up

Nash
Kobe
Gay
Hill
Dwight

Duhon
Morris
Meeks
Metta
Jamison or Clark

Actually, he's shooting .451 this year; that's .007 off his rookie year, and it's above his career average.

He's hitting 30% of his threes, his career best.

He's hitting 79% of his FTs, his career best.

He's averaging his fewest TOs per 36 minutes, his second best points per 36, his best rebounds and blocks per 36, and is tied for his most steals per 36.

It might even be his best season.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby JGC on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:31 pm

therealdeal wrote:Waive Morris and Ebanks.

Trade Gasol for Evans/Salmons/Brooks

Nash/Brooks/Duhon
Evans/Meeks
Bryant/Salmons
Jamison/Clark
Howard/Sacre

Once Hill gets back, he'll start and Sacre will pop out of the rotation in favor of small ball with Jamison/Clark.

For the record, I don't like it :man10:

I picked Salmons because he's non guranteed for 2014/2015 (our rebuild) and he's got a back loaded contract, so he's expensive but manageable.

Not bad especially if Earl Clark pans out at all. What happened to MWP?

Also, I think you meant to say Salmons' contract is FRONT loaded, not back loaded.

And so the incentive for Sac to do this, is that they get all those guys off the books after next season, as opposed to the season after, right? So they would save about $16M or so.
JGC

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:37 pm

trodgers wrote:Actually, he's shooting .451 this year; that's .007 off his rookie year, and it's above his career average.

He's hitting 30% of his threes, his career best.

He's hitting 79% of his FTs, his career best.

He's averaging his fewest TOs per 36 minutes, his second best points per 36, his best rebounds and blocks per 36, and is tied for his most steals per 36.

It might even be his best season.

Yeah.. That.
lakersin4

Postby Armani on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:14 pm

trodgers wrote:Meeks Ds up

Nash-Meeks-Kobe-MWP-Dwight is actually a good defensive lineup, per 82games. It's actually allowing lesser points than the Morris lineup. Small sample size, of course... but certainly worth trying. Big offensive boost, and similar defensive results. Tyreke can play 6th man of year ball IMO.

I can see this all falling in place. It's too bad the Kings won't trade with us. :man11:
Armani

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:30 pm

Armani wrote:
trodgers wrote:Meeks Ds up

Nash-Meeks-Kobe-MWP-Dwight is actually a good defensive lineup, per 82games. It's actually allowing lesser points than the Morris lineup. Small sample size, of course... but certainly worth trying. Big offensive boost, and similar defensive results. Tyreke can play 6th man of year ball IMO.

I can see this all falling in place. It's too bad the Kings won't trade with us. :man11:

New ownership.. With the Maloofs gone they might deal with us.. They're the ones that refused it.
lakersin4

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion