Lakers Legends Rip A Frightened Coward

Re: Lakers Legends Rip A Frightened Coward

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:04 pm

On the other hand..... we may be creating a monster if he gets pissed at all this and he finally gets serious with Dream. He'll never have that soft touch but he has so much to improve upon if he just gets 30% better look the hell out. He'll be looking to kick our bleep every time we play for sure and beat up our big men. Thanks Shaq. :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:07 pm

dwighthowardsdad wrote:He never reached out because he never respected nor embraced our history. Lakers fans know what greatness looks like; we've had Kobe for the last 17 years showing that to us with his dedication, leadership, & sacrifice. And older Lakers fans have seen the likes of Magic, Kareem, West, Baylor, etc. Dwight just doesn't have that in him. He never did. I'm glad we found out, and we parted ways. That was the best thing that could have happened...

You keeping that name, Pops? :man1: :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:07 pm

Rooscooter wrote:
432J wrote:
gcclaker wrote:^Olajuwon would schooled Howard. Robinson...Ewing...Parish. Hell, Perkins bodies him up out of the box and Howard has no counter when he can't get within five feet of the rim. Oh...and O'Neal would have DESTROYED him. It is tough for Howard to progress since he has no touch or fluidity to his game. I think he has reached his potential.

they can keep saying he's got potential but he's been in the league for almost a decade now, when is he going to get to that level? more than likely never at this point. even TYLER ZELLER did a good job of shutting dwight down last season, tyler zeller folks!

i got a ton of crap for saying 6 or so months ago but it's true

:man10: You caught crap!

There are 30 pages of crap I caught in the epic Bynum/Howard thread for pointing out his lack of game on the offensive end...... And I was still conceding that Howard was the better overall player... :man10:

It's all in the rear view mirror now and we all survived the divisive Howard crap it seems....

You and me both. I use to say Drew's offensive game was miles ahead of Dwights.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Tobias Funke on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:14 pm

The problem is he shouldn't even have to be this heavily criticized about his offense. If he'd just be the defensive beast he can be and pick his spots to score no one would say a word.

Instead he whines and complains about touches as if he's got Dream's skills in the post and lets it affect his effort and defense as well. Then when he does get the ball......well, KAJ already covered that LMAO.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Tobias Funke wrote:The problem is he shouldn't even have to be this heavily criticized about his offense. If he'd just be the defensive beast he can be and pick his spots to score no one would say a word.

Instead he whines and complains about touches as if he's got Dream's skills in the post and lets it affect his effort and defense as well. Then when he does get the ball......well, KAJ already covered that LMAO.

THIS!!
LTLakerFan

Postby gcclaker on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:16 pm

^@Puff...I believe the savvy Laker posters here worth their salt were AWARE of Bynum's better offensive game. Our concern then lie with his nagging knee issues and whether he was content being third on the hierarchy. I for one enjoyed Bynum's nasty disposition as opposed to someone who had a court jester approach to his opponents. I mean, who the hell asks their competitor across from them to smile?
Nor can the Lakers get blamed for always making the right decisions over decades. At some point its not just luck or "gamble", its superior management and superior ownership.
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:23 pm

the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Tobias Funke on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:26 pm

I dont regret replacing Bynum for the Clown, not for a second.

I am disappointed that Clown was that childish and would half-a** it so often when he wasn't happy all season long tho. Funny enough he would pout over offense when no one expected much (relatively) from him in that respect, and it would affect his defense and effort, which is really the true reason that he ever attained the title of best center in the league.

His attitude and ego held him back last season just as much if not more than his surgically repaired back did. Sadly, I honestly dont think he realizes this.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby dak22 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:38 pm

Tobias Funke wrote:I dont regret replacing Bynum for the Clown, not for a second.

I am disappointed that Clown was that childish and would half-a** it so often when he wasn't happy all season long tho. Funny enough he would pout over offense when no one expected much (relatively) from him in that respect, and it would affect his defense and effort, which is really the true reason that he ever attained the title of best center in the league.

His attitude and ego held him back last season just as much if not more than his surgically repaired back did. Sadly, I honestly dont think he realizes this.

And the saddest thing of all is that Bynum comes off looking better in comparison.

It just goes to show you how much of a disaster Howard was this past season. He takes idiocracy to a whole new level.
dak22

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:39 pm

gcclaker wrote:^@Puff...I believe the savvy Laker posters here worth their salt were AWARE of Bynum's better offensive game. Our concern then lie with his nagging knee issues and whether he was content being third on the hierarchy. I for one enjoyed Bynum's nasty disposition as opposed to someone who had a court jester approach to his opponents. I mean, who the hell asks their competitor across from them to smile?

for sure. My issue with Bynum was his knees but also his lack of defensive concern for most of his early career. He had the timing to be an amazing defender. He also lacked the will to get rebounds. Remember that stretch of games where he had like 3 rebounds total? I always thought Drew had a bigger upside and a true will to win. Dwight on the other hand wants to be the class clown. He says stuff like I smile that is me. You know Magic smiled a lot.... He also did what it took to win A LOT. Howard doesn't have that at all.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Finwë on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:24 pm

Kareem wrote:“He gets the ball on offense, oh my God, he doesn't know what to do. It's usually a turnover, people come and take the ball from him or tie his arms up. Offensively, he doesn't get it. Hasn't made any progress. We (the Lakers, when Abdul-Jabbar was a special assistant coach) played them in '09, and when I saw him this past season, he was the same player.”

This so much
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby gcclaker on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:32 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
gcclaker wrote:^@Puff...I believe the savvy Laker posters here worth their salt were AWARE of Bynum's better offensive game. Our concern then lie with his nagging knee issues and whether he was content being third on the hierarchy. I for one enjoyed Bynum's nasty disposition as opposed to someone who had a court jester approach to his opponents. I mean, who the hell asks their competitor across from them to smile?

for sure. My issue with Bynum was his knees but also his lack of defensive concern for most of his early career. He had the timing to be an amazing defender. He also lacked the will to get rebounds. Remember that stretch of games where he had like 3 rebounds total? I always thought Drew had a bigger upside and a true will to win. Dwight on the other hand wants to be the class clown. He says stuff like I smile that is me. You know Magic smiled a lot.... He also did what it took to win A LOT. Howard doesn't have that at all.

Bynum had "boarders" alongside him in Gasol and Odom [whom he jokingly accused "stole" rebounds from him]... Will to win? Yeah, dragging a swollen and gimpy knee just to contribute? Standing up and cheering his teammates during crunch time when he could have pouted? Never will forget that Game 7 footage from the 2010 Finals of him doing that. Sure early on Bynum was indifferent to playing defense but he grew into it. Kid had a mouth to him too for better or for worse...did not pander to the media to "like" him.

Yeah...Johnson smiled. Smiled while kicking someone's rear end and humiliated them. Howard had the physical prowess don't get me wrong but he just doesn't have that dominant mentality. The strange thing in all of this is that he wanted 24 to push him. Flash to 2009 Howard sat with Nelson watching the Laker celebration to motivate himself to get better and know what it takes. So much for that right?
Nor can the Lakers get blamed for always making the right decisions over decades. At some point its not just luck or "gamble", its superior management and superior ownership.
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:40 pm

Cap's rips were so hilarious!! I love Kareem. Keeping it completely real! :jam2: :bow:

Yeah, Dwight looked like crap in the post last year. I swear it seemed like half the time he got stripped or turned the ball over. Then if he went to his right it was just as bad as a turnover - horrid to watch.
Lakerjones

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:03 pm

KAJ keeping it real. :bow:

That TWC promo where Mitch tells Coward he wants to see D12's jersey hanging next to KAJ's, etc., never quite felt right.

It felt like you were handing the keys to your $500K Ferrari to the slow teenage son who just got his learner's permit.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby Frank Dux on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:11 pm

I wish Magic Johnson was as real as KAJ.
Frank Dux

Postby purp n gold on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:12 pm

Kareem is right on point. It's frightening how much he hasn't grown as a player. Dwight is almost 10 years deep and he's not much different than he was in year 5 - other than being less healthy and less coachable.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:42 am

Very telling comments from Kareem.. The longer this goes on the more I feel like we dodged a bullet committing 118M/5 yrs to that clown.. Yes, he's the best C in the league.. But does he give you the best chance to win out of any C in the NBA? I highly doubt it.

For Dwight to have the impact a #2 guy on a championship team needs to have, he would have to completely change his game.. He needs to be more Rodman than Pippen.. He isn't going to help anyone win if he's scoring 20 PPG. Rodman knew his strengths & played to them like most of the other greats.. & as a result, he's known as one of the top defenders/rebounders in the history of the league.. He never tried to be a scorer, infact he had wide open dunks or layups that he would often pass out of, he made a serious effort to just never shoot the ball.. If Dwight was willing to become a modified version of that, where he scores, but only on lobs & putbacks, & focused 100% of his energy on rebounding & defense, he could have been the next Rodman.. But he's too busy thinking he's the next Shaq with none of the offensive weapons Shaq had.
lakersin4

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:02 am

D12 always has been a face up player ... always will be ... won't become a superior post player even if he " grows up" and spend ton of hours with KAJ or Hakeem ...

post up skills are "natural" and the back to the basket game is the most difficult aspect of the offensive game ...
wcsoldier81

Postby kakafung on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:09 am

purp n gold wrote:Kareem is right on point. It's frightening how much he hasn't grown as a player. Dwight is almost 10 years deep and he's not much different than he was in year 5 - other than being less healthy and less coachable.

yeah this kid is just immature and if he hasn't changed it ,it's really a failure in the rockets.
kakafung

Postby Magic Skywalker on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:28 am

I'm not a fan of Dwight and never was.... Kareem just nailed the reasons why I'm not.

I'm sure we'd be better with him this year, but I honestly didn't love the idea to trust the franchise future to him.

Gotta say I didn't like Bynum very much either. They're both way too inmature.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby kakafung on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:56 am

Magic Skywalker wrote:I'm not a fan of Dwight and never was.... Kareem just nailed the reasons why I'm not.

I'm sure we'd be better with him this year, but I honestly didn't love the idea to trust the franchise future to him.

Gotta say I didn't like Bynum very much either. They're both way too inmature.

i'm curious that coming out from high school is really too hard at their age which they behaved in a disorderly manner for the public or the teams either .
kakafung

Postby escobar8 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:34 am

Ice cube the GOAT...
Spoiler:

EDIT: Got to use Spoiler tags if the video title bypasses the site swear filter. - TIME
escobar8

Postby jbiggs on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:27 am

KOBE FOR LIFE
jbiggs
ClubCavs.com Administrator

Location: Born in South Torrance (So Cal) and currently in Escondido

Postby khmrP on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:32 am

432J wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:
432J wrote:
gcclaker wrote:^Olajuwon would schooled Howard. Robinson...Ewing...Parish. Hell, Perkins bodies him up out of the box and Howard has no counter when he can't get within five feet of the rim. Oh...and O'Neal would have DESTROYED him. It is tough for Howard to progress since he has no touch or fluidity to his game. I think he has reached his potential.

they can keep saying he's got potential but he's been in the league for almost a decade now, when is he going to get to that level? more than likely never at this point. even TYLER ZELLER did a good job of shutting dwight down last season, tyler zeller folks!

i got a ton of crap for saying 6 or so months ago but it's true

:man10: You caught crap!

There are 30 pages of crap I caught in the epic Bynum/Howard thread for pointing out his lack of game on the offensive end...... And I was still conceding that Howard was the better overall player... :man10:

It's all in the rear view mirror now and we all survived the divisive Howard crap it seems....

i got tons of crap for saying that tyler zeller was a better center than dwight was
:man10:

honestly, who gives 2 craps about dwight at this point? let the coward have his fun

cause you deserved it, dont let the bitterness blind you, Zeller is nothing more than a role playing big thats gona be a journeyman soon enough. Zeller stinks at everything, Howard just stinks on offense
khmrP

Postby LOSLAKERS on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:05 am

It would be hilarious if Hakeem came out and said Dwight hadn't even improved after all their sessions.
LOSLAKERS

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion