Lakers Legends Rip A Frightened Coward

Re: Lakers Legends Rip A Frightened Coward

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:22 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
gcclaker wrote:^@Puff...I believe the savvy Laker posters here worth their salt were AWARE of Bynum's better offensive game. Our concern then lie with his nagging knee issues and whether he was content being third on the hierarchy. I for one enjoyed Bynum's nasty disposition as opposed to someone who had a court jester approach to his opponents. I mean, who the hell asks their competitor across from them to smile?

for sure. My issue with Bynum was his knees but also his lack of defensive concern for most of his early career. He had the timing to be an amazing defender. He also lacked the will to get rebounds. Remember that stretch of games where he had like 3 rebounds total? I always thought Drew had a bigger upside and a true will to win. Dwight on the other hand wants to be the class clown. He says stuff like I smile that is me. You know Magic smiled a lot.... He also did what it took to win A LOT. Howard doesn't have that at all.

Unfortunately, Bynum was more focused on offense than we was with other facets of the game, but lets not take away that Bynum was a superior anchor for us. Many blamed him for the pick and roll defense, or lack thereof, but when 99% of the time it was the defensive rotation of just lack of effort from the man getting picked - evidence taking a defensive presence like Dwight and STILL seeing the same type of defensive issues.

I still think Bynum was a better one on one defender than Dwight, and arguably better at blocking shots because he actually kept the play alive, no need to send it to the rafters.

Bynum's knees were his fault though, and we made the right choice in going after Dwight.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby theforumblue on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:12 pm

you can kind of tell that KAJ was offended at Dwight being compared to him in any way. Understandable.
theforumblue

Postby OX1947 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:18 pm

theforumblue wrote:you can kind of tell that KAJ was offended at Dwight being compared to him in any way. Understandable.

With all due respect, there probably isnt a day that goes by where KAJ doesnt get offended about something. He just happen to have a legit reason this time.
OX1947

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:23 pm

OX1947 wrote:
theforumblue wrote:you can kind of tell that KAJ was offended at Dwight being compared to him in any way. Understandable.

With all due respect, there probably isnt a day that goes by where KAJ doesnt get offended about something. He just happen to have a legit reason this time.

I'm offended that you post this... :man5:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby OX1947 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:28 pm

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

I'm offended that you post this... :man5:

Hi.
OX1947

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:53 pm

LMAO... That butthead Clippers fan Marcelus Wiley said KAP shouldn't be talking like that about Dwight on Sportnation. I can't remember what he exactly said because it was earlier today and I now hate SN now that Mark and Marcelus is on there. First he call Ice Cube a glorified fan who can't say anything about Howard because Ice Cube has never been in the NBA (or something to that nature). Then he goes and says Kap can't talk either. Another piece of garbage from the lord of ESPN. :man10:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:18 pm

Wiley is one the dumbest people on the radio, but I know he does that for show. I think he's a nicer person than he is on the radio, but damn... I hate him when he talks. He knows next to nothing and talks like he knows all.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby OX1947 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:22 pm

Still trying to figure out how a slappy schlong dill hole like Wiley got into an Ivy League college. BSPN will hire any ahole with a pulse as long as they were former players.
OX1947

Postby kray28 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:24 pm

This is bananas. It don't even seem real.
kray28

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:26 pm

kray28 wrote:This is bananas. It don't even seem real.

No you don't. You seem like a ghost or a unicorn.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion