Lakers looking to add Lebron as Kobe's heir in 2014?

Re: Lakers looking to add Lebron as Kobe's heir in 2014?

Postby DeepFrost on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:58 pm

Alcindor wrote:
DeepFrost wrote:
"I'm here now… I'm not worried about that," James said after Thursday's game when asked about the ESPN.com story.

"That story, I don't know where it came from. But I understand it came up because of who I am. It's going to happen, but I'm not going to worry about it. I got to continue to make sure I stay focused with these guys and make sure we're ready for any challenge that comes upon us."

Geez, what a narcississtic douche... :hurl:

I don't get it, nothing wrong with that. He knows he's a superstar and I could see Kobe saying the same thing in a flash. He's a top (if the not the top) target and the Lakers are the top organization for superstars.

Yeah, you've got a point there... but Kobe's never been shoved down the fans' throats by the media (quite on the contrary)... Kobe's got his HoF career to back this kind of statement up in case he comes up with it, while LBJ's resume is mostly hype and Stern sorcery...

I don't mean to say that LeBron ain't got no game and does not earn his money. He does, but mostly by being a media golden child figure compared to Kobe, who's known all around the world for his work ethic, competitive nature and killer instinct... Anyways, we all know that this debate could go on till Hell freezes over lol

Whatever the outcome, I doubt that Kobe can let LBJ join the Lakers before pimp-slappin' the cocky youngster off the throne that was basically giftwrapped to him IMHO :man1:
DeepFrost

Postby lakersStan24 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:44 am

Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby lakersStan24 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:51 am

Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby Cleansed on Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:14 am

^

"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
Cleansed

Postby KB24 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:05 am

Not sure how long LeBron can be a force once his athleticism starts to fade...at 28 he will be at his prime and I would take him. But if he is 30 or 31 his window is probably a little limited.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby lakersStan24 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:55 am

KB24 wrote:Not sure how long LeBron can be a force once his athleticism starts to fade...at 28 he will be at his prime and I would take him. But if he is 30 or 31 his window is probably a little limited.

Well He'd be 29 in 2014 and Kobe only lost His athletism last year barring massive injury I Think LeBron will fine Plus the Best part of His Game is passing and He has a Good Jump Shot
lakersStan24

Postby GoldenKnight on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:27 am

It would be nice to pair up LeBron & Howard...but I think it's a little disrespectful & sort of embarrassing that our new team hasn't even seen the floor together & already there is talk of bringing the enemy which right now is in the team that perhaps we will face in the finals...Miami must feel like we are jealous of the player they have with all this talk right now. We have our own amazing team with Nash/Kobe/Metta/Pau/Howard...I don't want to have to hear about LeBron for 2 years when we should focus on THIS team & winning now.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby 24/23goats on Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:59 am

why even have a league if the lakers are going to take every superstar? why dont the lakers just take the top 15 players and play against a HS varsity squad so they can win every game?
24/23goats

Postby therealdeal on Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:10 am

That sounds like fun.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby CarolinaLakerFan on Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:59 am

24/23goats wrote:why even have a league if the lakers are going to take every superstar? why dont the lakers just take the top 15 players and play against a HS varsity squad so they can win every game?

Sounds good to me. :man1:
Magic Johnson: The most complete player in NBA history!
CarolinaLakerFan

Postby lakersStan24 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:07 am

GoldenKnight wrote:It would be nice to pair up LeBron & Howard...but I think it's a little disrespectful & sort of embarrassing that our new team hasn't even seen the floor together & already there is talk of bringing the enemy which right now is in the team that perhaps we will face in the finals...Miami must feel like we are jealous of the player they have with all this talk right now. We have our own amazing team with Nash/Kobe/Metta/Pau/Howard...I don't want to have to hear about LeBron for 2 years when we should focus on THIS team & winning now.

We have to build for the future I Agree that its disrespectful to the current team but Mitch and the Buss Family will be planning as We Speak
lakersStan24

Postby LAKEROC on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:44 am

My absolute dream scenario in 2014.

Kobe signs 1 year vet. minimum deal, as a "thank you" to all of the fans and the Laker organization, and as part of a " farewell tour".

Pau Gasol resigns with Lakers for 3 years at half of the MLE

LeBron James signs a 5 year contract with Lakers, at a little under the max

Nash, Kobe, James, Gasol, Howard....the greatest starting 5 in NBA history!

2015-

Nash retires from the NBA

Lakers sign Kyrie Irving to 5 year near max deal
LAKEROC

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:10 pm

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby lakersStan24 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:53 pm

LAKEROC wrote:My absolute dream scenario in 2014.

Kobe signs 1 year vet. minimum deal, as a "thank you" to all of the fans and the Laker organization, and as part of a " farewell tour".

Pau Gasol resigns with Lakers for 3 years at half of the MLE

LeBron James signs a 5 year contract with Lakers, at a little under the max

Nash, Kobe, James, Gasol, Howard....the greatest starting 5 in NBA history!

2015-

Nash retires from the NBA

Lakers sign Kyrie Irving to 5 year near max deal

Yeah that would Be Amazing
lakersStan24

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion