Lakers looking to add Lebron as Kobe's heir in 2014?

Re: Lakers looking to add Lebron as Kobe's heir in 2014?

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:09 pm

Wow just heard Sportscenter throwing this all out there with the details of who comes off Lakers books at that time and the whole bit. Really.....guys at the "mothership", you're going to run that out there 2 years in advance because some writer says it makes sense????????
LTLakerFan

Postby OX1947 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:22 pm

Man, Lakers worked this out like freakin gods. The only players that will be on the books officially will be Howard and Nash. Their salaries will total approc around 25 million. The current cap is 58 mil and change. Let's say in two years, it goes up to 59 mil. That would give the lakers 34 million in cap space. That is two max contracts and one more player for the MLE. Bring in Love and Lebron and if Kobe wants to come back at a low number, check this out:

Nash
Bryant
James
Love
Howard

going into the 2014-15 season. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Can you say 80 wins?
OX1947

Postby mastersworddude on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:24 pm

^Yup. Not sure why this is big news. We have realized for a while that the Lakers have been planning to have a lot of freed cap space in 2014. Had everyone else not realized this?
mastersworddude

Postby OX1947 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:34 pm

mastersworddude wrote:^Yup. Not sure why this is big news. We have realized for a while that the Lakers have been planning to have a lot of freed cap space in 2014. Had everyone else not realized this?

Good for you.
OX1947

Postby mastersworddude on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:45 pm

OX1947 wrote:
mastersworddude wrote:^Yup. Not sure why this is big news. We have realized for a while that the Lakers have been planning to have a lot of freed cap space in 2014. Had everyone else not realized this?

Good for you.

I meant to reply the the guy at the top. And yes there have been threads on Laker forums talking about our cap room in 2014. I meant how the rest of the league had only noticed this now.
mastersworddude

Postby lakersStan24 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:35 am

I Think It's Perfect Kobe Retires 2014 We Pick Up Free Agent LeBron James We Have Nash for His Final Season We Could Use Him as a Back PG With the Possiblilty of Chris Paul Arriving, Hopefully Pau Gasol Keeps Performing Well at 17.7 ppg so he could be a valuable Trading Piece, I Wouldn't Mind Us Picking Up Dwayne Wade Either But Of Course He is a Miami Heat Player that Soul Belongs to them He Wouldn't Sign with the Chicago Bulls 2 - 4 years ago so not likely to budge now, only Others for Me Are Carmelo Anthony & Monta Ellis if He Progresses well in the next 2 years.
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby lakersStan24 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:59 am

LTLakerFan wrote:Wow just heard Sportscenter throwing this all out there with the details of who comes off Lakers books at that time and the whole bit. Really.....guys at the "mothership", you're going to run that out there 2 years in advance because some writer says it makes sense????????

Yeah I Just Found the Vid

Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby charvin on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:30 am

Ray Allen is just bitter at the Lakers :man3:
What would make the Heat so enticing in 2014 when Wade is even more broken down, Allen might have retired by then, etc. In 2014, you still might have Gasol, Nash, and Howard together... So not enticing huh?

"It's like at that point, what would make the Lakers so enticing? He has an opportunity to build a dynasty here. So that's a funky story."
http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/10/19/12/LeBron-James-mum-on-potential-move-out-w/msn_landing.html?blockID=807003&feedID=3722
charvin

Postby Phil XI on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:33 am

I'm with new 'dude' on this. Old news. We've had a few threads around both upcoming cap space and Lebron specifically. Windhorst/bspn are just johnny-come-lately's to the strategic talks.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby dj vitus on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:53 am

Windhorst must have done something very nice for ESPN to earn this kind of publicity.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby dj vitus on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:01 am

The Laker Link wrote:Ellis and LeBron? Can it be done?

Yes.

Nash - $9.7M

Ellis - $12M

LeBron - $19M

Hill - mMLE

Howard - $19M

:man4:

$57.9M salary cap, then mMLE to Hill. That team would never lose.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby therealdeal on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:22 am

^ Is that the full max for LeBron? The only way he comes here is for the absolute full max.

But yes, certainly Ellis/LeBron could happen. It all depends on how much the 2nd guy wants after LeBron. He and Dwight have the max contracts, then we're looking at who else.

I think in 2014 we go after James, then we wait a season below the luxury tax threshold to avoid the repeater tax, then we sign another big name in 2015.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersStan24 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:12 am

therealdeal wrote:^ Is that the full max for LeBron? The only way he comes here is for the absolute full max.

But yes, certainly Ellis/LeBron could happen. It all depends on how much the 2nd guy wants after LeBron. He and Dwight have the max contracts, then we're looking at who else.

I think in 2014 we go after James, then we wait a season below the luxury tax threshold to avoid the repeater tax, then we sign another big name in 2015.

Well with Kobe gone the Lakers Would Have 30.4 million to Give to LeBron So Giving LeBron 11.4 Million More than He would get in Miami would be a HUGE Selling Point Since Main Reason LeBron would will be for More Money as He is lowest paid Player in the Big 3 at South Beach.
lakersStan24

Postby GoldenKnight on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:14 am

We have Nash/Kobe/Metta/Pau/Dwight running for a chip for the next 2 years, then the 2014 cap space with Dwight Howard, the city of L.A, & the history of our franchise as our attraction pieces...feels good to be a Laker fan :jam2:

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby dj vitus on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:47 am

therealdeal wrote:^ Is that the full max for LeBron?

I think full max for being in the league 10+ years starts at about $20.3M (35% of the salary cap).

His P.O. with Miami in 2014 is $20.5M. Therefore, he wouldn't lose any sleep finding a new team.

So in our case, considering he took a $3M/yr paycut to sign with Miami in 2010 (giving up $18M over 6 years as he was entering his prime, no less), he might be willing to sign as low as $17.3M with us in 2014 to form another super team.

The dude loves being on TV, so going to Hollywood and making up for lost salary with new endorsements here is a no-brainer.

Only problem I see is if Dwight doesn't mind sharing the spotlight his whole career here. :man11:
dj vitus

Postby borri on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:34 pm

therealdeal wrote:1. How would ESPN slob on James's junk if he's a part of the hated Lakers?
2. I hate the man right now and want to beat him in the Finals over the next 2 years. Badly.

3. If he opts out in 2014, I'd say there's a 55% he's a Laker. They'd have the cap space to through the max at him. I imagine they'll have had to lose to us at least once. Wade is nearing incapacitation and the chance to play with the 2nd most dominant physical presence in the league may be too much to pass up.

4. As much as I dislike him now, if he were to join this team and was still in a position to win the Lakers some rings... Welcome aboard.

Agree 100%. Laker fan FIRST....any other affiliations/love/hate....second.
borri

Postby therealdeal on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:59 pm

dj vitus wrote:
therealdeal wrote:^ Is that the full max for LeBron?

I think full max for being in the league 10+ years starts at about $20.3M (35% of the salary cap).

His P.O. with Miami in 2014 is $20.5M. Therefore, he wouldn't lose any sleep finding a new team.

So in our case, considering he took a $3M/yr paycut to sign with Miami in 2010 (giving up $18M over 6 years as he was entering his prime, no less), he might be willing to sign as low as $17.3M with us in 2014 to form another super team.

The dude loves being on TV, so going to Hollywood and making up for lost salary with new endorsements here is a no-brainer.

Only problem I see is if Dwight doesn't mind sharing the spotlight his whole career here. :man11:

the whole point of coming to LA though would be to make the full max BECAUSE he took a paycut and BECAUSE the best player in the league deserves the best pay.

So if he came here it'd be for the full 20.5 million. Through in Howard's then 20 Million dollar contract and Nash's 10 milion or so and we're now at the 50 million dollar level with only about 5 million to spend before the cap.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby XXIV on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:05 pm

^ Use that 5 million to spice up the bench and we're good to go. :man1:
XXIV

Postby therealdeal on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:20 pm

:man10:

All this talk is making me queezy though. I want to see what we've got now.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Balance&Options24 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:28 pm

Im all for any player, coach, trade, etc, that will help bring more championships to L.A. I would love to have Howard and James as the building blocks of team, with that being said I doubt LBJ leaves Miami. It would look like he was more of a mercenary with 4-5 year stints with teams rather than establish a long legacy wth one team. But I also thought he would never leave Cleve, so you never know.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby DeepFrost on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:37 pm

"I'm here now… I'm not worried about that," James said after Thursday's game when asked about the ESPN.com story.

"That story, I don't know where it came from. But I understand it came up because of who I am. It's going to happen, but I'm not going to worry about it. I got to continue to make sure I stay focused with these guys and make sure we're ready for any challenge that comes upon us."

Geez, what a narcississtic douche... :hurl:
DeepFrost

Postby venky on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:23 pm

DeepFrost wrote:
"I'm here now… I'm not worried about that," James said after Thursday's game when asked about the ESPN.com story.

"That story, I don't know where it came from. But I understand it came up because of who I am. It's going to happen, but I'm not going to worry about it. I got to continue to make sure I stay focused with these guys and make sure we're ready for any challenge that comes upon us."

This is why I hate him and I don't want him as a Laker. Besides, I'd rather beat him in the Finals, over and over and over again. THAT would be amazing.
venky

Postby trodgers on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:24 pm

I'll stop watching basketball.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby trodgers on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:26 pm

OX1947 wrote:

Good for you.

Yes, people have been saying that the Lakers have been looking for cap space to get LeBron since Sky was posting here. Because he talked about it all the time. Don't know who Sky is? That's how long ago it was.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Alcindor on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:46 pm

DeepFrost wrote:

I don't get it, nothing wrong with that. He knows he's a superstar and I could see Kobe saying the same thing in a flash. He's a top (if the not the top) target and the Lakers are the top organization for superstars.
Alcindor

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion