Lakers Lose - DESERVED!

Postby Lakers4PEAT on Sat Apr 26, 2003 6:25 pm

Well, this game 4 will be huge obviously. A loss and I pruty much can say we will lose the series, but I expect the Lakers to come out with a fury and dismantle the wolves. I love Kobe but at times it's just irritating to see him forcing terribles shots, I know he has the mentality where he believes every shot he takes will go in, but he needs to set that aside and play smart basketball the whole game.

Shaq needs to step it up, I know he is probably recovering from his loss of his grandfather but without him stepping up I don't believe the Lakers will make it to the next round. I can just tell he is not himself when he is trying to throw up little layups instead of his powerdunks..I hope his game will show up!
Wurdizzlez!
Lakers4PEAT

Postby Reddy on Sat Apr 26, 2003 6:29 pm

Lakers will take over form teh beginnning
game 3 is the last game wolves will win this season

This is a MUST READ article :man1: , told y'all this is gonna be the WCF

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/ ... 725293.htm
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Apr 26, 2003 6:58 pm

Reddy wrote:Lakers will take over form teh beginnning
game 3 is the last game wolves will win this season

This is a MUST READ article :man1: , told y'all this is gonna be the WCF

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/ ... 725293.htm

Very very interesting article!! Sums up mah point, exactly... :man13:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Reddy on Sat Apr 26, 2003 7:10 pm

YEpp! we all know what happened in game 6 last year
after the call shaq threw down 42!!!!!!!!!!
Watch out timberwwolves, Lakers are gonna go on a 3 game win streak to close out this series.
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby clublakers on Sat Apr 26, 2003 9:26 pm

I WANT Kobe to go to another team so everyone can see the illusion of his supposed dominance go the way of the dodo.

Uh oh, Snakell has thrown down the gauntlet Laker fans.

Ya'll have a go at it. I'll be over here watching.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Reddy on Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:59 pm

That makes me frustrated.
Thats one example of what i mean on the Laker fans.
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby TheRealDeal on Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:22 am

Amen Snake! My thoughts exactly. Just before I read this, I was posting something similar on my own thread. I'm new to this website, but at least some of you aren't blind to your own (great and historic franchise like the Lakers) team's true struggles. I think Kobe is a nice man, but he isn't much on the court. He is only 24 though, so if he spends the next 5 years humbling himself and letting the game come too him, he might be a worthy player and could finally become more than just a sidekick with an overfull wallet and an over inflated ego!
TheRealDeal

Postby Reddy on Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:27 am

Hey welcome
Can you please tell me what team you root for?
Cause i've been tryin t figure out all night long
thanks
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby TheRealDeal on Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:35 am

Thanx, Actually I root for the Lakers. I have been a fan since they got swept in '99 and I fell in love with their struggles. Then they won three in a row and now Kobe's ego has threatened the fourth and it drives me up the wall. Kobe just needs to play better team ball, he might become a great player if he does. If he embraces the triangle and his role on the team, his game will actually improve. I am pissed at him right now, so I am bashing him to feel better (since he has put us where we are now almost by his own bad choices) about the possibility of a team like LA losing in the first round. I will be the first to laud and congratulate Kobe if he gets back to his normal playoff self...but it seems he is having a crisis of his own desire to prove himself and it is interfering with his ability to properly set the right example for his teammates.
TheRealDeal

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:46 am

CL, I may have been out of line regarding saying his dominance was "supposed" since he HAS BEEN dominant up until this series, but he seems to be struggling alot since the first half of game 1. He is thinking too much and shooting too much and even his defense (which is usually always dependably amazing) is slipping so the only thing I can think is that he is not the same player mentally. He might just be struggling for a few games, and he may yet recover, but if this recent example of his play is indicative of his potential future playoff and clutch play...then he might see a serious drop in his game. I hope and pray that this is just a bug in his development, but the thought lingers that this might be a mental issue that could stick in Kobe's psyche for years if not the rest of his career and I don't want to be robbed of such a wonderful player so I am being pre-emptive through harsh criticism...
Snakell Beast

2 months from no

Postby Guest on Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:16 am

In 2 months I'm coming in here to see what everyone has to say. Everyone dogging LA has a short memory / doesn't see big picture or is clueless. Take your pick.

2 months the parade will be on Figueroa and life will be good again.

Postby BDG on Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:13 pm

just remember, KB's shoulder is still messed up, but he aint the type of player that complains about it. wait till it gets better, and he'll be back on tha smash
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Reddy on Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:16 pm

TRD, Youre a Laker fan made me surprised :man10:! lol :man10: !

Yeah all of those faithfuls out there, DAH PARADES COMING!!!!!!!!!
And I agree BryantDunkGiant, Kobe never uses an injury as an excuse!
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:51 pm

"Kobe just needs to play better team ball..." "If he embraces the triangle and his role on the team, his game will actually improve."

HOLY SCHNIT DUDE! NICE CALL!

He did that in the first half of game 5 and look how much better the other players did. He got Shaq into a rythm and everyone benefited from the open looks that EVERY team in any series with our team is FORCED to create if they want to slow Shaq and Kobe. Kobe did a better job of setting the offense up and it appears he has gotten past the issue that was
"interfering with his ability to properly set the right example for his teammates."
and has finally decided to be a playmaker and let D-Fish, Horry and SHaw shoot the excess 5-10 shots that he was forcing before. I am very proud of that performance by #8 and I hope he plays like that for the rest of the post season cause the Kings and Spurs will be [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] themselves if he does...Oh Yeah, and ditto for Shaq and Fisher as well.
Snakell Beast

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion