Lakers Lose - DESERVED!

Lakers Lose - DESERVED!

Postby Lakers4PEAT on Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:42 pm

Flame me all you want. I am glad the Lakers lost tonight because frankly THEY DID NOT DESERVE IT ! Hopefully this is a wakeup call for the Lakers still on vacation. Kobe had a horrible game, even tho he did hit that 3 point basket, he just had terrible plays down the stretch and in OT especially with a careless and idiot turnover, and forcing shots trying to rely on the refs to give him a call, the last two games he has played has been un MVP like
Wurdizzlez!
Lakers4PEAT

Re: Lakers Lose - DESERVED!

Postby Dragan on Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:52 pm

Lakers4PEAT wrote:Flame me all you want. I am glad the Lakers lost tonight because frankly THEY DID NOT DESERVE IT ! Hopefully this is a wakeup call for the Lakers still on vacation. Kobe had a horrible game, even tho he did hit that 3 point basket, he just had terrible plays down the stretch and in OT especially with a careless and idiot turnover, and forcing shots trying to rely on the refs to give him a call, the last two games he has played has been un MVP like

Flame you ? My hart goes to T Wolves for playing the way thay did in this series. Playing as hard as thay did thay deserved a brake.
Dragan

Postby Lakers4PEAT on Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:05 am

I disagree with you, how can they have heart when they play after play give up opportunities to the Lakers down the stretch, when the game was fully in their hands. The T-Wolves did not play good ball themselves besides the first 3 quarters, the Lakers just played poorer.
Wurdizzlez!
Lakers4PEAT

Postby Dragan on Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:08 am

I think thay gave it thear bet shot. I know that some mey think thay let the Lakers back in the game, but I feel Lakers were to good not to come back. Its not like thay let anyone back.
Dragan

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:40 am

If Kobe doesn't get his act together quickly and relearn how to play GOOD basketball, his career might go down the tubes faster than Penny Hardaway's. He looked scared and lost out there tonight and he has cost us the two most crucial games of his and the team's season. If Kobe is unable to rebound in time to save the team, this will sit with him for the rest of his career and I don't think he will ever be the same again. He is the only superstar I have ever seen in my life (other than Shaq) who can actually be shut down by the opposition. If you keep him out of rythm, you can easily stop him. He is going to find it increasingly difficult to score in the 20s for the rest of this series, and perhaps his career. He's like a desperate pilot, doing everything he can to prevent an inevitability, his early and ugly demise...
Snakell Beast

Postby 4Rings on Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:23 am

I think you are overreacting a bit. Yes, Kobe had some pretty poor plays during the course of the game but so did Horry who threw the ball away numerous times. So did Fisher, who should have called time-out when he dove for the ball. Shaquille missed a bunch of FTs. So I don't like blaming one player for this loss. Because if Kobe was to win this game, you would turn around and praise him. They all had a hand in losing this game. They should be very upset and very embarrassed. But it's not like we haven't seen this before. We were down 2-1 last year to a much better Sacramento team and still pulled it out.

The officiating was atrocious on both sides. Bad calls went both ways. Despite all of that, the Lakers should have won the game. Minnesota is talking big stuff but they barely escaped with the win. The Lakers better find a cure by Sunday for all that ails them. If we win on Sunday, I will feel much better about the situation. :man4:
4Rings

Postby Reddy on Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:26 am

hey guys
dont yall see this is like last year lakers-kings series?
we win game 1 by double digits
then lose game 2 and 3
we've been down 2-1 before, and we definitely will get our act together for the rest of the series now, no playing
lakers need to get aggressive
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LALegacy on Fri Apr 25, 2003 7:48 am

Man I couldn't agree more. I have been a Laker fan since I can remember. Long before Shaq was even thinking of playing B-ball, and as a long time fan of not only the team but the organization all I could think last night was that even if the Lakes won that game, they did not deserve to win due to the effort they displayed. It hurts the fans of this city to see there team play like they don't care. Especially when we all know that the Lakers are capable of demolishing any team in the NBA. To let a unknown like Troy Hudson run you off your own court is ridiculous. The perfect metaphor for the night was the bloody nose that Fox got. The Wolves came to Staples, smacked the Lakes in the face, gave them a bloody nose, now what are they going to do about it? :bang: frustration doesn't being to decribe the feeling of these next few days. What happened to the Lakers that used to talk about "cutting the hearts out of there opponents" I think Laker fans everywhere just want to see the team return to that mind set.
LALegacy

Postby Lakers4Ever on Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:28 am

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS TWO NAMES.... ROBERT "BUTTERFINGERS" HORRY, AND KOBE "FORCE SHOTS EVEN IF IM DOUBLE TEAMED" BRYANT. WHAT THE HELL WERE THESE GUYS THINKING???? HORRY MUST'VE COMMITTED 4 TURNOVERS ON HIS OWN IN THE FIRST HALF, AND KOBE FORCED JUMPER AND JUMPER. AND WHAT THE HELL WAS FISHER THINKING BUT NOT CALLING TIMEOUT WHEN HE FELL TO THE FLOOR??!?!?!! GEEZ.... THEY TOTALLY DESERVED TO LOSE THIS GAME!!! MAYBE FINALLY IT'LL WAKE THIS DAM TEAM UP!!!
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby Guest on Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:47 am

:mad1: Ditto LALegacy! Fox’s bloody nose is the perfect picture of what the T-Wolves are doing to the Lakers. Damn they’ve got to step up their intensity!!!!

Postby Showtime on Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:53 am

:mad1: Ditto LALegacy! Fox’s bloody nose is the perfect picture of what the T-Wolves are doing to the Lakers. Damn they’ve got to step up their intensity!!!!
-not sure what happen to previous entry-
Showtime

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:13 am

Sure this was a baddddd lost!!!, but we didn't deserve to lose last night. The refs were givin some bad calls and not callin fouls too. Sure the Lakers should override it all and thrive off the ones who want them to fail, but it's beginnin to be tougher and tougher each game when players dont hit shots, and start takin bad shots, and expect the calls to go in their favor... It sux as a fan about now, but hey, we stick with them through thick and thin, and if they don't start playin like a team, and play some D, along with decreasin the turnovers, then we'll have a better shot with keepin the momentum on our side! :bang: :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby HndsmCelt on Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:19 am

:man4:
I just droped by to see how the Laker faithfull were dealing with the most recent loss by the NBA's greatest under achivers in 2003. Sad situation. For those of you who think this is "just like last years WCF" I have news for you, the wolves are not half the team that LAST years kings were, and IF the Lackers pull this one off they have tougher teams up the pike.

Which brings me to my point... WHAT THE F*#@K are these clowns doing? I'd be lying if I said it did not matter who the Kings face in the WCF. It was supposed to be the Kings destiney to beat the Lackers in a rematch of last year, and it's starting to look like the kids in lavender and yellow will be watching the WCF with Shaq packs all arround in PJ's crib.

I have been patient while watching the Lackers look like a lotto team for the first half of the year, and worried that they may not even make the play off's, and to my point... WHAT THE F*#@K are these clowns doing? I'd be lying if I said it did not matter who the Kings face in the WCF. It was supposed to be the Kings destiney to beat the Lackers in a rematch of last year, and it's starting to look like the kids in lavender and yellow will be watching the WCF with Shaq packs all arround in PJ's crib.

I have been patient while watching the Lackers look like a lotto team for the first half of the year, and worried that they may not even make the play off's, and now they are acting like they didn't.
Last edited by HndsmCelt on Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt
Clublakers Rep: Sac Kings

Postby HndsmCelt on Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:27 am

This Lacker team has played all year as a shadow of their former selves; showing moments of greatness only to be followed by play on the court that was only eclipsed in embarrasment by Madsen's creerleading from his home on the pine.

Then the team not only makes the bottom half of the play off roster but lucks out and misses the three elite teams, and what do they do? They go out and play like they did in the first half of the season!

Are they trying to cheat the Kings from their desteny by being eliminated before the WCF?

Did Jackson realize he could not win it all and thought he would get back at Adelman this way?

Will these clowns get off their collective [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] and step up and play like men?

I hope so! I'd hate to have to change my signature back to "The WCF will not be the same with out you."
Last edited by HndsmCelt on Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt
Clublakers Rep: Sac Kings

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:49 am

I don't think the officiating was atrocious ( except for the bad call on the 3 pointer. Kobe wasn't fouled. The game never should have went to OT)

4Rings wrote:I think you are overreacting a bit. Yes, Kobe had some pretty poor plays during the course of the game but so did Horry who threw the ball away numerous times. So did Fisher, who should have called time-out when he dove for the ball. Shaquille missed a bunch of FTs. So I don't like blaming one player for this loss. Because if Kobe was to win this game, you would turn around and praise him. They all had a hand in losing this game. They should be very upset and very embarrassed. But it's not like we haven't seen this before. We were down 2-1 last year to a much better Sacramento team and still pulled it out.

The officiating was atrocious on both sides. Bad calls went both ways. Despite all of that, the Lakers should have won the game. Minnesota is talking big stuff but they barely escaped with the win. The Lakers better find a cure by Sunday for all that ails them. If we win on Sunday, I will feel much better about the situation. :man4:
Spurfanatic50

Postby Lakers Suq on Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:05 pm

If Kobe doesn't get his act together quickly and relearn how to play GOOD basketball, his career might go down the tubes faster than Penny Hardaway's.

That is sick. Just sick. Tossing a walking NBA legend under the bus because his teammates won't D-up on anyone. You deserve to have him walk to another team. I can't wait to see the Kareem Rush show once Shaq retires to play cops and robbers and Kobe tells you clowns where you can cram your 3 championship trophies as he heads off into free agency.
Lakers Suq

Postby Reddy on Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:13 pm

Come back and say that after we win 4 peat
i suppose your opinioon wil be changed then
no one in the league today can play 4 perfect games against us,
15 more wins lakers and QUATROW
laker dynasty will accomplish something that has not been doen in 41 years!!!!!!!!!!! :bow:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Lakerqueen on Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:56 pm

Yes, the Lakers did play horribly. Shaq didn't appear to be mentally in the game again ( I like the way he made his free throws down the stretch like he says he always does). I also think Kobe's shoulder is bothering him more than he'll let on. Robert Horry was throwing passes to God know where (actually, most of the passing by the team was pretty sloppy).
Question. Did anyone see that travelling by a T-Wolf that wasn't called? And Kobe got fouled at the end of OT, but no one called anything there either. I don't know how many times Kobe has to get fouled before he gets to shoot a free throw, but it's getting to be ridiculous. No matter the reason for their loosing, it all comes down to FREE THROWS. 61% shooting is ridiculous! Oh, and Szczerbiak is a moron!
Lakerqueen

Postby LALegacy on Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:22 pm

Look depite what those Laker Haters said up above, I still love my team. My rant is really about my disappointment in not seeing the Lakers play up to their potential. This whole league knows, whether they want to admit it or not, that when the Lakers play like themselves none of these second rate teams can beat them. Hell, every time the Lakers play, teams are bringing their best game while the Lakers bring half speed, yet most the time the Lakers win anyway. We all know deep down, whether we are Laker Lovers or Laker Haters that if the Lakers kick it into full speed it doesn't matter what the rest of the NBA does, its parade time in LA again. Every team in the NBA is hopeing they can catch the Lakers napping so they can rightfully claim that they dethroned the champs. Lakers just need to wake up and smack these other teams into submission, and let them know that the reign ain't going to be over for a long time. :nono5:
LALegacy

Postby Lakerqueen on Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:48 pm

I agree! I have definitely not given up on the Lakers yet. They have too much experience to give into a team that has never made it past the first round. I know the Lakers can win this year again, they just need to get some more motivation and focus more. They need to look at some tapes of the way they played the first game and dominate the next 3! I don't want to have to go to a game 7 in Minnesota!
Lakerqueen

Postby Reddy on Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:40 pm

I agree with both of you.
The Lakers have obviously not played thier 100% series since their game 1 win.
When you make the Finals schedule, dont count out the defending champions. because they got the sutff and exoperience it takes to get there.
In the end, The road of the finals will always go through Staples Center.
4 sure, the Lakers now realise the situation they are in and how crucial a game 4 win is on Sunday. I dont wanna go to a game 7 also! I want Lakers to close out this series on a 3 game streak........and then we'll be only 12 wins away from the four peat!
:bow: :bow: Go Lakers! Be the Dynasty!
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby clublakers on Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:40 pm

Showtime has emerged from the basement and is baq in da house.

Spurfanatic, glad you made your way back again. Hopefully we will get a chance to get some good run in the second round. We both have to stop screwing around with our first round opponents and get to it.

Hndsmcelt, a timely visit as always...

It was supposed to be the Kings destiney to beat the Lackers in a rematch of last year, and it's starting to look like the kids in lavender and yellow will be watching the WCF with Shaq packs all arround in PJ's crib.

...classic.

And a hearty Clublakers welcome to all of the new heads in here... 4Rings, LALegacy, LakersGyrl2003, and Lakerqueen.

Snakell on Kobe...

He looked scared and lost out there tonight and he has cost us the two most crucial games of his and the team's season.

Disagree, but I'm glad someone had the cajones to toss it out there for consideration. Always count on Snakell for committing to a good take. "Smack your own", as they say.

Dragan, classic riles works best for you. Run with that.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:09 pm

Tossing a walking NBA legend under the bus because his teammates won't D-up on anyone. You deserve to have him walk to another team.

First of all, if I am to believe (as I once so idiotically did) that Kobe is the best player in the NBA, then I will hold him to the highest standard. I refuse to give him ANY form of excuse so his teammates defense should not matter one bit. He didn't hold up HIS end of the bargain and that was the DIRECT cause of our loss in games 2 and 3. Kobe has been under control since the second half of game 1, so he has yet to prove he can even perform well, and consistently well like a true leader and great player, against the wolves.
Snakell Beast

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:16 pm

Secondly, I WANT Kobe to go to another team so everyone can see the illusion of his supposed dominance go the way of the dodo. Kobe simply benefits from the Big Feller's presence. Even when Shaq is out of shape and can't defend, he still DEMANDS maximum attention from the opposition, which leaves Kobe with 1 or 0 guys on him in most cases. If he can't average at least 35 PPG and shoot at least 55% under those circumstances, then he certainly can't compete with most top flight players in today's NBA WITHOUT the advantage of Shaq on the court.
Snakell Beast

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:17 pm

I expect the best to perform like the best and so far the best HAVE, but Kobe doesn't fit into that bracket anymore. T-Mac (the best player in the NBA) and Kevin Garnett (the best all around player in the NBA) have dominated in amazing fashion and have carried their teams past superior opposition so far in these playoffs. Kobe was supposed to be reliable and consistent, dependable and virtually infallible. When a team easily keeps you under control with minimal effort and makes you look like a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] (as the wolves did and will continue to do with Kobe and sometimes Shaq) then how can you claim Kobe to be a superstar when even normal all-stars like Pedja and Nash can't be contained without maximum effort?
Snakell Beast

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion