Lakers Partially Sign Marcus Landry

Re: Lakers Partially Sign Marcus Landry

Postby lakersin4 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:16 am

BadCoaching wrote:Sure is sad to see a throw away season to gear up for 14'....

right at the end of Nash/Kobe's careers.. bleh

Kaman, Young, Farmar, Johnson all solid signings.. Harris/Landry/Henry/Williams still have to play their way on the roster in camp.. I don't know what more you want Mitch to do with the mini MLE & minimum contracts to offer. I think we've put together a nice collection of players that fit better with the coaching style & a core of old stars than last years team.. Unless you want to sell low on Pau I don't think there's any significant move we could have made that we didn't. I'm excited about the group of talent they've assembled & seeing us overachieve this season & then make some big moves next summer when our options aren't so limited.
lakersin4

Postby lotus on Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:48 pm

So the strategy this year is to have a bunch of B and C level players chuck up 3 pointers whenever open and pray that they go in. I get the it now. 2013-14 will be an exciting season.
lotus

Postby karacha on Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:00 pm

Actually, it will be exciting. More then last season for sure.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:50 pm

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing 10m
Lakers officially signed Marcus Landry, brother of Carl. Marcus might well make the team, helped by Ryan Kelly (foot) very possibly not.
Expand
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby JSM on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:02 pm

Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 1h
Marcus Landry's contract w/ Lakers is non-guaranteed, his agent Keith Kreiter told me. Deal is for 1 year at vet minimum ($788,000)
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:47 pm

Ariza3

Postby WilliamHaven on Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:55 pm

Can't say he is very impressive. I'd take Shawne
Move along ho, Super Lakers don't hang out with no skanks.
WilliamHaven

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

He had about as rough a beginning as you can have. Pulling off the rare Teletovic.

But props in the 4th for sticking with it, nailing 3 straight threes and having a nice driving layup.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Weezy on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:19 pm

Those airballs were really, really bad, but yeah he hit 3 threes in a row after that, good for him. I don't think there's a spot on the team for him though with Harris, Wes Johnson, and Nick Young already signed, and Henry and Williams looking solid. If Henry and Williams make the team, by my count that's 13, Ryan Kelly is still a question mark, but if he's signed that leaves one spot, and we don't usually go with 15.

To me so far it looks like we will have Nash, Blake, Farmar, Kobe, Young, Meeks, Johnson, Harris, Hill, Pau, Kaman, Sacre, Williams and Henry. With a 14th or 15th man what position do we need to fill most, and do we need another SF? Seems like we need another big considering we only have 4 true bigs, or even an insurance 4th PG more than another SF (Young, Johnson, Williams, Harris can all play the 3). Doesn't seem like we have another PG in training camp though, or another big worth signing unless they sign Kelly and count him as a big.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Sirron on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:40 pm

I think they said they will carry 15 this year, but I hope it's not a PG. I think we are covered with Nash, Farmar, and Blake. I could see do a package of some of these guys later for a better backup 4 though.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby Weezy on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:44 pm

Nash, Farmar and Blake is a good PG rotation, I'm just concerned about what happens if one or two of them get injured. Last season we had 4 PG's, 2 of them sucked, but at least they were available when Nash and Blake were injured. With Nash being almost 40, and Blake being a freak injury guy, I have to believe at some point they will miss some time.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:19 pm

Airballed his wide open shots and looked lost out there. Don't think he makes it.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:11 am

he was hot garbage until garbage time
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:48 am

Not a good showing last night. But we'll see. I think he's got some talent.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:44 am

He's been uninspiring. Extremely average.

He's a gamer, he'll make shots down the stretch I think, but he's really just not that talented. I'd rather roll with Henry, Williams, and Harris thus far.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:45 pm

therealdeal wrote:He's been uninspiring. Extremely average.

He's a gamer, he'll make shots down the stretch I think, but he's really just not that talented. I'd rather roll with Henry, Williams, and Harris thus far.

Henry and Williams for sure. No question. I'd like to see Harris get some more burn. I think you may be right on that realdeal. Hopefully he gets a little more playing time. Landry is really on the fence.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby hollywood swinger on Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:28 pm

landry is 100% making squad imo. the main reason i say this is MDA said after the game "he is one of the best shooters in the league and our best shooter". that right there tells me MDA has a liking for this guy and has it built in his mind that he should stick. MDA loves any 3 jacking big. we also know he has a love affair with shawne williams so expect him to make it. No matter how impressive X. henry looks he will be lucky to make the team. Hope we keep henry and i also have a good feeling landry will be a solid contributor if he stays.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby Weezy on Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:44 pm

I don't agree that Henry will be lucky to make the team, I think he's almost a sure thing at this point, he's been getting a ton of minutes. They clearly like what they see from him with his hustle and defense, his offense has just been a bonus. Landry may very well make the team as a 15th man and extra 3 point shooter though as well.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Aonex on Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:46 pm

^^ Yup, the ones I see on the bubble are Landry, Harris, and Kelly.
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby Weezy on Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:49 pm

I think Harris already made the team, they have him a 2 year deal, so I assume at least one year is guaranteed with a team option year 2.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:50 pm

Both years are non-guaranteed according to Hoopsworld.
Doc Brown

Postby Weezy on Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:53 pm

Huh, that's odd, why even bother with a 2nd year if year one isn't guaranteed? :man3: Still, I think Harris makes the team, I see a solid potential bench player there.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:00 pm

Harris to me looks good. Not great at anything, but a hard worker type. You can always use hard worker types.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby hollywood swinger on Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:16 pm

harris is on the team he has a guarantee for this year. MDA loves landry as a backup stretch 4. this is coming down to will the Lakers waste choose Henry over Kelly. imo they will give the nod to kelly because they spent a pick on him and he is more of what MDA covets. i would send kelly to the Defenders and try and keep henry up with team. expect the Mitch to keep henry around just long enough until kobe comes back to have some athleticism at that position and then release him and bring kelly back up from defenders when 24 returns.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby Weezy on Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:24 pm

I guess I'm basing this off my thinking, not 'Antoni's, so you may be right. Landry can shoot, but he's a 3 not a 4, and he's 28, while Henry is like 22 or 23. I keep the younger, higher potential Henry over Landry, to me the choice is Landry vs Kelly before Henry vs Kelly. I would hope though, that we don't release any solid player we will regret not keeping later for a guy whose foot seems incapable of healing.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion