Lamar Odom Discussion: Waived, not up to NBA standard (38)

Re: Lakers Reach out to Lamar Odom

Postby vaylen on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:50 am

Based on what I've seen from Odom the past couple of years. I welcome him back. Our 2014 first rounder should be good enough to get a top 5 player in Lamar's capable hands :man1:
vaylen

Postby rydjorker121 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:01 am

This might turn out to be the best signing for our team. Emphasis on defense and the ability to guard both forward positions very well. We need that to cover up for Kaman, Nash, and Farmar.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Weezy on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:37 am

IF we sign him that is. It's the 10th now, players can officially sign, we haven't heard many reports on Odom other than we're interested, the Clippers would like to keep him, and that US Weekly report lol. I hope we hear something soon one way or the other, I'd really like to have LO back here, would suck to see him stay a Clipper.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby BadCoaching on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:46 am

Is he still morbidly obese?
BadCoaching

Postby 24 and 8 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:46 am

not just Lo, I wanna see Sasha and maybe even Shannon Brown back in Our uniform.

Throw blake and meeks to make that happen.
24 and 8

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:21 am

BadCoaching wrote:Is he still morbidly obese?

Let's just say too much ganja and sweets, he has become the second coming of the Big O. Not Oscar Robertson but this guy :man9:

"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Mookie on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:06 am

So somebody please help me understand the following. We lost Dwight Howard due to free agency, and the Lakers strategy for 2014 is to try to rebuild a team similar to that of 2010 which ultimately won them a championship, with the cap flexibility that Dwight left in his departure. Now, first of all, I think this is a brilliant plan, and it could work for two reasons. 1. We are doing it for cheap, and 2. it worked before, and now that we have D'Antoni, some of these guys are shooters, especially Sasha, Jordan, and the up tempo could be very lethal if they actually played defense.

However, here's what I don't understand. Why are we going after Josh Powell, Jordan Farmar, Sasha Vujacic and even Lamar Odom, whom I personally love. But we are not going after Bynum? Bynum is by far the biggest star out of those, and has the highest ceiling. Why not bring everybody back including Bynum? Any good answers to this question?
Mookie

Postby khmrP on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:09 am

Mookie wrote:So somebody please help me understand the following. We lost Dwight Howard due to free agency, and the Lakers strategy for 2014 is to try to rebuild a team similar to that of 2010 which ultimately won them a championship, with the cap flexibility that Dwight left in his departure. Now, first of all, I think this is a brilliant plan, and it could work for two reasons. 1. We are doing it for cheap, and 2. it worked before, and now that we have D'Antoni, some of these guys are shooters, especially Sasha, Jordan, and the up tempo could be very lethal if they actually played defense.

However, here's what I don't understand. Why are we going after Josh Powell, Jordan Farmar, Sasha Vujacic and even Lamar Odom, whom I personally love. But we are not going after Bynum? Bynum is by far the biggest star out of those, and has the highest ceiling. Why not bring everybody back including Bynum? Any good answers to this question?

because Clev is offering Bynum 12mill/yr and we can't
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:09 am

Because Bynum is getting offers in the 12 million dollar range or something like that.

We have absolutely no chance at signing Andrew Bynum. None.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby 432J on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:12 am

Mookie wrote:So somebody please help me understand the following. We lost Dwight Howard due to free agency, and the Lakers strategy for 2014 is to try to rebuild a team similar to that of 2010 which ultimately won them a championship, with the cap flexibility that Dwight left in his departure. Now, first of all, I think this is a brilliant plan, and it could work for two reasons. 1. We are doing it for cheap, and 2. it worked before, and now that we have D'Antoni, some of these guys are shooters, especially Sasha, Jordan, and the up tempo could be very lethal if they actually played defense.

i agree, but he's way out of our price range

cleveland offered him 2 years for 24 mil. why would he sign with us for less money after we dumped him for the clown last year?
432J

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:13 am

Weezy wrote:IF we sign him that is. It's the 10th now, players can officially sign, we haven't heard many reports on Odom other than we're interested, the Clippers would like to keep him, and that US Weekly report lol. I hope we hear something soon one way or the other, I'd really like to have LO back here, would suck to see him stay a Clipper.

^^ Good points. Does LO even want to come back after his departure from the Lakers? He was truly upset. I'd be down to see him back.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby LOSLAKERS on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:26 am

A couple of those lame celeb gossip sites are reporting that Odom has been kicked out of the house for cheating... hope this doens't impact his play and signing in a negative way.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/ ... -cheating/
LOSLAKERS

Postby kenshi1023 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:46 am

Lakerjones wrote:
Weezy wrote:IF we sign him that is. It's the 10th now, players can officially sign, we haven't heard many reports on Odom other than we're interested, the Clippers would like to keep him, and that US Weekly report lol. I hope we hear something soon one way or the other, I'd really like to have LO back here, would suck to see him stay a Clipper.

^^ Good points. Does LO even want to come back after his departure from the Lakers? He was truly upset. I'd be down to see him back.

wonder how mitch is going to pitch it?
lakers turned mr.potatohead into pringles!
kenshi1023

Postby Mookie on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:47 am

432J wrote:

cleveland offered him 2 years for 24 mil. why would he sign with us for less money after we dumped him for the clown last year?

What is the max the Lakers can offer?

Because Cleveland versus Los Angeles seems like a no-brainer. Not for Dwight, but maybe 2 yrs/10mil each. I'm sure Bynum would consider it.
Mookie

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:50 am

Mookie wrote:
432J wrote:

What is the max the Lakers can offer?

Because Cleveland versus Los Angeles seems like a no-brainer. Not for Dwight, but maybe 2 yrs/10mil each. I'm sure Bynum would consider it.

The Lakers can offer, at most, around 1.4 million dollars per year for two years.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:55 am

Clearly the best LA could do is a two-year, one guaranteed and one Player Option, for the Vet Min. With a PO, Drew could opt out and re-sign at 120% of Vet Min or be renounced and then re-signed at more (MMLE, whatever).
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:06 am

LOSLAKERS wrote:A couple of those lame celeb gossip sites are reporting that Odom has been kicked out of the house for cheating... hope this doens't impact his play and signing in a negative way.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/ ... -cheating/

maybe lakers basketball is what he needs. hes an emotional guy and basketball was his way of dealing with all this stuff thats happened in his life. maybe the lakers are what hes looking for, its just taking longer to decide or get back to the lakers im sure
Ariza3

Postby 432J on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:15 am

what better way to escape the past two horrible seasons than coming back to the team where you had the best years of your career?

:man9:
432J

Postby TSpence26 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:42 am

Smfh at the Kardashian curse
TSpence26

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:15 pm

not as fat as he was at the start of the season, still room for improvement, but not awful. he just needs to work out with kobes.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby gcclaker on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:22 pm

I thought Odom slimmed down quite a bit when I watched him during the latter part of the season to the playoffs.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:36 pm

^^^He gets fat during the off-season, so he could come back even fatter than before, since he still didnt' lose all that fat during his clipper season.
khmrP

Postby Weezy on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:44 pm

khmrP wrote:^^^He gets fat during the off-season, so he could come back even fatter than before, since he still didnt' lose all that fat during his clipper season.

I don't know if that's always or generally true with him. It's happened a couple times, but not every offseason. I think what happened this last time was when we traded him it really got to him, his heart was never in it with the Mavs, then he was having personal problems and was away from the team, and just fell out of basketball shape. For all we know this offseason everything is good with him and he's working to stay in shape.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:47 pm

Weezy wrote:
khmrP wrote:^^^He gets fat during the off-season, so he could come back even fatter than before, since he still didnt' lose all that fat during his clipper season.

I don't know if that's always or generally true with him. It's happened a couple times, but not every offseason. I think what happened this last time was when we traded him it really got to him, his heart was never in it with the Mavs, then he was having personal problems and was away from the team, and just fell out of basketball shape. For all we know this offseason everything is good with him and he's working to stay in shape.

thats pretty much alot of clipper fans were posting after the trade until they saw the media day pics :man10:
khmrP

Postby wallangong on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:51 pm

while Odom doesn't typically come into camp in great shape, last year was the first time anyone pointed out that he was overweight. the difference is he wasn't a 30+ MPG player so it took longer to drop that weight.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion