Lamar Odom Discussion: NOT Checked Into Rehab (p. 35)

Re: Lakers Reach out to Lamar Odom

Postby Tobias Funke on Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:48 pm

432J wrote:still nothing new on this situation?

sorry i've been super busy the last 3-4 days and have been completely out of the loop

Loop? You've missed nothing.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:59 pm

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 3m
Clippers and Bobcats amongst teams that have recently expressed interest in Antawn Jamison, a source said.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 5m
Jamison added he began shooting 3-pointers again last Friday, can play 5-on-5 full contact in a month and is willing to workout for teams.
Expand

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 6m
Free agent Antawn Jamison told Y! Sports teams have shied from signing him due to unneccessary concerns about his surgically repaired wrist.
Expand

This Odom to the Lakers thing might take longer than expected.

If we could get Maxiell/Johnson/Martin before this gets settled, I'd do it.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby chingy248 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:10 pm

Free agent Antawn Jamison said that teams have "unnecessary concerns" about his surgically-repaired wrist.
This helps to explain why Jamison hasn't yet landed a deal. He's also a 37-year-old who struggles defensively and griped about his limited role last season while posting the worst Player Efficiency Rating in his 16-year NBA career. The Wizards and Clippers have both been linked to him in free agency.
chingy248

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:04 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Clippers and Bobcats amongst teams that have recently expressed interest in Antawn Jamison, a source said.

Jamison added he began shooting 3-pointers again last Friday, can play 5-on-5 full contact in a month and is willing to workout for teams.
Expand

Free agent Antawn Jamison told Y! Sports teams have shied from signing him due to unneccessary concerns about his surgically repaired wrist.
Expand

Give me Maxiell, Martin, or Odom and I think we're almost done this off-season.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:08 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

Expand

Expand

Give me Maxiell, Martin, or Odom and I think we're almost done this off-season.

I forgot Maxiell was available.. I'd take him for sure.. Tough defender plays with intensity.. He'd be a good fit in lineups with Pau or Kaman. I'd prefer LO for his handles, range, & history with us.. But I wouldn't mind having both of them.. If Kelly isn't ready to contribute & Sacre doesn't step up any, we could have minutes for both of them. Hill & Kaman are both good but you don't want to play those guys a ton of minutes.. We know we're going to need a big season from Pau.. Sacre & Kelly just worry me.. I don't want to see a few injuries create the frontcourt version of our backcourt rotation in the playoffs last year.
lakersin4

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:21 pm

his ability to rebound the ball and immediately push it up the court and finish or pass is exactly what we need. when playing with some of the younger guys those opportunities he can create with his versatility will be huge. i really hope he signs with us...it would cement our starting lineup and have a solid front court rotation.
Ariza3

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:29 pm

I don't think Odom can bring anything more than 8/6/2 to this team anymore but you never know playing in purple & gold with Kobe/Pau once again

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Ludachris on Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:27 am

I really hope Lamar has been working out hard, trying to get in shape... unless of course, he signs somewhere else. Then I hope he hasn't been working out. :)
Buck Foston, LA Rules
Ludachris

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:48 am

Ariza3 wrote:his ability to rebound the ball and immediately push it up the court and finish or pass is exactly what we need. when playing with some of the younger guys those opportunities he can create with his versatility will be huge. i really hope he signs with us...it would cement our starting lineup and have a solid front court rotation.

Right.. That's why Lamar is my preference over Maxiell, K-Mart, & Mullens.. It looks like we're going all in with D'antoni, every player we've brought in the with the exception of maybe Kaman has been a good fit for his style of play.. Lamar's ability to push the ball, handle & make plays, shoot, pass including outlet passes & inbounds plays. There are very few players with that skillset that can also rebound the ball, that's what's always made Lamar so unique.. He's just a great fit with what we seem to be trying to do.
lakersin4

Postby khmrP on Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:52 am

would be nice to have LO back but anybody thinks he's gona show up in shape and relatively not fat probably gona be pretty disappointed IMO....dude just lacks focus and motivation, he's only getting vet. min and he's much older now so I expect to see him do what he's been doing, play into shape during the season. I just hope I dont see that really fat guy that showed up to Clipp camp last season if we do get him.
khmrP

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:54 am

He didn't look fat and out of shape when he was smashing cameras in the street.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby XXIV on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:29 am

He's definitely in much better shape than he was around this time last season, but he'll likely be a shell of his former self no matter how fit he is.
XXIV

Postby chingy248 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:19 am

"ah kuh-moy!"
chingy248

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:23 am

Any news on cholesterol boy?
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby OX1947 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:29 am

My guess is LO is waiting to see if he can make more then the vet min else where or with the Clippers. The real question is, does he play for the vet min with the Clippers or the Lakers if they both offer. He wont start with the Clippers but be on a "winning" team. He would more then likely start with Lakers but the Lakers are in a transitionary period. I think getting a half way decent LO for one more year would be good. Chemistry would be there with Pau and Kobe and LO would have more ball handling duties in MDA's offense.
OX1947

Postby kenzo on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:31 am

If he wanted to be a Laker again, he would be by now.
kenzo

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:58 am

I'm not that concerned with how in shape he is right now.. I just wish he'd hurry up & sign so we can have the guys get him in the gym with them asap. The sooner he gets back to working with us the better..
lakersin4

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:53 pm

kenzo wrote:If he wanted to be a Laker again, he would be by now.

This, I don't want a player here who thinks of us as an afterthought.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby lakermarx on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:02 pm

Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan 28m
Agree. Lakers still want C/PF for vet's min. Odom remains a possibility. RT @norabovic: @Mike_Bresnahan They need another big who can score.
lakermarx

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:19 pm

We should start a fan campaign to lobby Lamar to bust his hump and come back with a vengeance in a Lakers uniform. We should just keep telling him we're sorry, that we love him and want him back...like Ike Turner or Chris Brown. :man9:
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby kenzo on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:23 pm

^ why apologize though? Every sane person would have done that trade at that time. If he can't grasp that he can stayTFO.
kenzo

Postby Kobe8Fan on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:26 pm

Ira Winderman ‏@IraHeatBeat 51s

Mid-level again could be option for Heat. RT @Hydrogen1914 Could Heat now make a move for Lamar Odom now that they used amnesty on miller?

https://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/status/ ... 8920717314

Lamar did love Miami and playing for Riles.
Kobe8Fan

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:27 pm

Lamar is waiting on a better deal than the minimum of course. Will he get it?

Not after the past 2 seasons. I think he wants to be on the Clippers, but the Clippers want Jamison. So he will probably take the Laker deal.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:30 pm

I don't see the Heat paying that much for Lamar Odom after back-to-back horrendous seasons statistically.

If Lamar doesn't want to come here, we should bid him good day and move on.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby KB24 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:33 pm

Say no to Kardashian...

I don't want Lamar or Khloe's fat arse on TV.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion