Lakers Rumors: Pau Gasol to be traded for Paul Pierce?

Lakers Rumors: Pau Gasol to be traded for Paul Pierce?

Postby lakersStan24 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:24 pm

The trade rumors surrounding Pau Gasol of the Los Angeles Lakers have started to surface in the City of Angels with a good possibility of the Spanish forward having played his last game with the Lakers.

With play Gasol failing to prove to the Lakers’ front office that he is worth holding onto for the last two years of his contract at $19 million a season, GM Mitch Kupchak is pursuing different options on the trade market for the Lakers’ star forward.

View slideshow: Pau Gasol vs. Paul Pierce
An intriguing trade option that has just surfaced for the Lakers is acquiring veteran forward Paul Pierce from the Boston Celtics. With the Big 3 in Boston on the verge of being dismantled after this season, Pierce may become trade bait for GM Danny Ainge with the team seemingly wanting to build around All-Star point guard Rajon Rondo.

According to Ric Bucher of ESPN the Magazine, Pierce for Gasol trade is a possibility:

"If the Lakers are looking for a go-to scorer from the wing who can take some of the burden off Kobe Bryant, they can't do much better than bringing Pierce home to L.A. ... The attraction for the Celtics? A pick-and-roll partner for point guard Rajon Rondo and a rim protector, presuming Kevin Garnett will be riding off in the sunset."

Perhaps the most intriguing option for the Lakers via trade during the offseason is to acquire perennial All-Star point guard Deron Williams. With Ramon Sessions not exactly convincing anyone in Los Angeles that he is the long-term answer at point guard, the 26-year-old floor general might not return to the Lakers if he opt-out of his contract this summer.

Rumors have started to circulate around the league of Williams potentially being on the open trade market if the Brooklyn Nets can’t surround him with talent over the offseason. With that being said and Williams showing interest in joining the Lakers via sign-and-trade, Gasol may be headed to Brooklyn in the near future.

Obviously, at this point in time everything is speculation in terms of trade talk with the NBA playoffs still in progress. Even though that is the case, the Lakers’ front office will be working on all different sorts of trade scenarios heading towards the 2012 NBA Draft on June 28 and throughout the rest of the NBA offseason.

Link: http://www.examiner.com/article/lakers- ... aul-pierce
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Re: Lakers Rumors: Pau Gasol to be traded for Paul Pierce?

Postby lakersStan24 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:25 pm

I Hope This NEVER happens!!!
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby venky on Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:04 pm

Pass
venky

Postby GoatMilk16 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:13 pm

paul pierce is going to be 35
pass
GoatMilk16

Postby Weezy on Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:19 pm

Uh, no thanks, no point in trading an aging, expensive, non playoff producing PF for an ancient, expensive, rapidly declining SF. Hell I'd trade Pau for a high draft pick before I traded him for Piere, at least that would cut salary and give us young talent.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby venky on Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:20 pm

Though tbh, I'd love to see Kobe, Pierce and Garnett all win together. Imagine the doom and gloom from those guys.
venky

Postby Kingsama on Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:21 pm

oh hell no.
Kingsama

Postby JSM on Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:22 pm

Throw in a re-upped KG at a discounted rate and then you've got my attention.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:26 pm

Rumors have started to circulate around the league of Williams potentially being on the open trade market if the Brooklyn Nets can’t surround him with talent over the offseason. With that being said and Williams showing interest in joining the Lakers via sign-and-trade, Gasol may be headed to Brooklyn in the near future.

If Mitch could get Deron for a package involving Pau and not Drew, then his wand is more powerful than I thought. I'd much prefer that, if for no other reason than the fact that Drew has more value and could be used for a more valuable trade (Dwight). If you can swap Pau for Deron and Drew for Dwight, you jump at the chance in my opinion.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Kingsama on Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:28 pm

JSM wrote:

If Mitch could get Deron for a package involving Pau and not Drew, then his wand is more powerful than I thought. I'd much prefer that, if for no other reason than the fact that Drew has more value and could be used for a more valuable trade (Dwight). If you can swap Pau for Deron and Drew for Dwight, you jump at the chance in my opinion.

now that sounds like a good idea lol...
Kingsama

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:11 pm

:freak2:
Texas Lakers Fan

Re: Deron Williams

Postby JUST-MING on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:17 pm

JSM wrote:
Rumors have started to circulate around the league of Williams potentially being on the open trade market if the Brooklyn Nets can’t surround him with talent over the offseason. With that being said and Williams showing interest in joining the Lakers via sign-and-trade, Pau Gasol may be headed to Brooklyn in the near future.

I’ve probably said this for years, but Deron Williams is the perfect fit. He’s already over the All-Star thing. He was snubbed for years in Utah. He should have been an All-Star way back in 2007, when he led Utah to the West Finals. He recently got recognition, something that Andrew Bynum can sympathize with. It might not sound that special, but is, Deron Williams can be a threat without the basketball. He could play either point or shooting guard. He can play with other ball dominant players and still have an impact. His 3-point shooting is something this team needs. He can make teams pay for double-teams. He isn’t the “future” as some might suggest, as he’d be 30 years old in a few years, but he’d optimize that “win now” window; as long as Kobe Bryant can perform at an MVP level (ie. the next few years).

An alternative to Deron Williams is Steph Curry.
JUST-MING

Re: Paul Pierce

Postby JUST-MING on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:18 pm

The Lakers turned down Pierce for Odom in 2006. They would definitely turn down Pierce for Gasol.
JUST-MING

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:50 pm

I'd rather move Pau for a better all-around (& much younger) SF like Iggy.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby John3:16 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:06 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:I'd rather move Pau for a better all-around (& much younger) SF like Iggy.

Agree. And Iggy doesn't have that green slime on him.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:07 pm

John3:16 wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:I'd rather move Pau for a better all-around (& much younger) SF like Iggy.

Agree. And Iggy doesn't have that green slime on him.

Me too. I feel like puking just thinking of Pierce playing in a Lakers jersey.
Texas Lakers Fan

Re: Clothesline

Postby JUST-MING on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:12 pm

KeepBynum wrote:I feel like puking just thinking of Pierce playing in a Lakers jersey.

JUST-MING

Postby Center Court on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:20 pm

I care nothing about the Celtics past, but I just don't think he's the answer at all.
Center Court

Re: Truth

Postby JUST-MING on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:22 pm

Center Court wrote:I care nothing about the Celtics past

I didn’t either, until that clothesline and game-winning FTs (courtesy of Violet Palmer).

Center Court wrote:I just don’t think he’s the answer at all.

Pierce is on par with Westbrook and Wade. He could get them past Oklahoma City and Miami. However, I would quit watching the Lakers if he was acquired. He can shoot the 3. He can get to the FT line. He can make the game-winner. He can go at James and Durant. But, I’d burn down their championship banners.
JUST-MING

Postby gill on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:50 pm

How can Bucher even think about something this insane? We need to get faster on the perimeter. This solves nothing with Pierce turning 35.
gill

Postby Psychobroker on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:07 pm

How in the hell does this ever make sense? Bucher's just grasping at straws in an attempt to attract some hits.. pathetic.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby hollywood swinger on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:40 pm

'Yes i'm an idiot'

the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby Phil XI on Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:47 pm

You mean Ric "Kobe will never play in a Laker uniform again" Bucher (June 2007)

Marcellus Wallace to Paul Pierce, "You lost your LA priveleges" (Pulp Fiction and June 2008 after Boston won the title at the expense of the Lakers)
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby BadCoaching on Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:53 pm

This is absolutely ridiculous..
BadCoaching

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:56 pm

:freak2: :freak2: :freak2: :freak2: :freak2:
Texas Lakers Fan

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion