Lakers 13-14 Schedule Discussion

Lakers 13-14 Schedule Discussion

Postby JSM on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:13 pm

The full schedule isn't out but a couple games of interest have been leaked.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 37m
Y! Sports: After a summer of battling, Kobe Bryant and the Lakers will meet Dwight Howard and the Rockets on Nov. 7. http://yhoo.it/144ldOE

LA Lakers @ LA Times ‏@latimeslakers 1m
Lakers could host Miami Heat on Christmas, report says http://lat.ms/13cnW1i
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Re: Lakers 13-14 Schedule Discussion

Postby JSM on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:21 pm

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing 1m
Lakers home game, btw. RT @DanWoikeSports: Per @KevinDing, #Clippers and #Lakers will open the season against each other on Oct. 29.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby shoe on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:18 pm

Miami on christmas? wtf :man3:

Dwight's return should have been on christmas
shoe

Postby Nashty Gal on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:26 pm

umm.. whaaa???? why do we get miami for xmas? that makes no sense lol wtf

do not want to see Lebrons face on xmas
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby 432J on Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:17 pm

dwight's return to LA should have been xmas day

not the stupid heat. makes no sense
432J

Postby Weezy on Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:23 pm

Miami on Christmas? :man3: We're going to be mediocre if we're lucky and they want to see us get slaughtered on Christmas by the champs? Lame. Should be Heat/Thunder or something.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:33 pm

So both the Clippers and Rockets get a chance to play the Lakers very early in the season with a chance that Kobe isn't ready......Okay :disagree: :man3:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:36 pm

The Lakers sell.

When we're great, we get great pulls because we're great. But when we're bad we're going to play the exact same games and get slaughtered.

That's the price of greatness.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:39 pm

therealdeal wrote:The Lakers sell.

When we're great, we get great pulls because we're great. But when we're bad we're going to play the exact same games and get slaughtered.

sure, I know that. But to get the matchups we're getting so far to start the season makes little sense. Especially how national televised games the networks like to have all this hype in them. Well if Kobe isn't ready to start the year like he's suggesting what's all this for??
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:48 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:The Lakers sell.

sure, I know that. But to get the matchups we're getting so far to start the season makes little sense. Especially how national televised games the networks like to have all this hype in them. Well if Kobe isn't ready to start the year like he's suggesting what's all this for??

Because people will pay top dollar to watch teams beat down the Lakers.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:17 am

"We want Lebron" chants on Christmas ?

He already embarassed us twice on our floor on past Christmas ... never two without three
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:37 am

Highlights of the Lakers' not-yet-released 2013-14 schedule: opening back-to-back of Oct. 29 vs. Clippers and ...
Oct. 30 at Golden State, Nov. 7 at Dwight Howard and Houston (will you be there, Kobe?), Christmas at home vs. Miami and the challenging annual Grammy Awards trip going through Phoenix, Boston, Toronto, Chicago, Miami, Orlando and New York (Jan. 15-26).

The NBA schedule has not been officially released, but it's unlikely to change from those plans. The other revenge games for the Lakers vs. Dwight are Jan. 8 in Houston, Feb. 19 at Staples Center and April 8 also at Staples. Last edited about 5 hours ago

http://sulia.com/channel/la-lakers/f/935721aa-5259-42ad-ac82-0adf2a6893a5/?source=twitter
wcsoldier81

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:02 am

Wow we open back-to-back against the Clippers and the Warriors? :man10:

What does the NBA know that we don't? Maybe they're banking on an early Kobe comeback for some excitement? Despite my previous post, I don't know that it'd be THAT fun to watch us get beat down back-to-back...
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby charvin on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:19 am

therealdeal wrote:Wow we open back-to-back against the Clippers and the Warriors? :man10:

What does the NBA know that we don't? Maybe they're banking on an early Kobe comeback for some excitement? Despite my previous post, I don't know that it'd be THAT fun to watch us get beat down back-to-back...

We're going to beat them down back-to-back :man12: Let's see how pre-season plays out. If we get a win, we're ahead of where we were last year :man10:
charvin

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:23 am

charvin wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Wow we open back-to-back against the Clippers and the Warriors? :man10:

We're going to beat them down back-to-back :man12: Let's see how pre-season plays out. If we get a win, we're ahead of where we were last year :man10:

:man10: Well you sir are more hopeful than I am.

I think we'll be a better team honestly than last season just because it can never be underestimated how hard it is to play with someone who doesn't want to be there. Someone who is supposed to be your Center too... Just ridiculously difficult.

But with a team full of guys excited to be in Los Angeles for real (with proof)... I think we'll be okay. But back-to-back against Division Rivals who are expected to be better than us to start the year? Yikes. :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:48 am

Yeah, but when do they play in Orlando?
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:36 am

I'm pretty sure the schedule for the following season (13-14) is being planned while the previous season (12-13) is still in play. It could be that certain match ups were scheduled before Kobe's injury, or regardless of Kobe's injury.

On top of that, travel accommodations, arena closures for other events, and the fact that we're the Lakers dictates more than our team's health/roster. The Lakers still have a s*** ton more fans than other teams, even when crappy.

To top it off, a back-to-back against bottom half playoff teams in the west isn't that bad. If we had to play the Thunder and Rockets back-to-back, I'd be more pissed. All NBA teams play back-to-backs. Plus it's the beginning of the season so legs are fresh, and we still have Steve Nash, Gasol, and the Laker brand.
Chillbongo

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:38 am

The Warriors will be better than the Rockets this season. As will the Clippers.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:04 am

we lose on christmas anyways so no big deal
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Center Court on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:16 am

I guess this proves a couple things...

1) NBA really values the Kobe vs LeBron match up more than any other. It's still Lebron and Kobe as the superstars.

2) Maybe they see the inrigue of LeBron joining the Lakers as a legitimate one. What better way to build a buzz and get people talking on Christmas than "LeBron the Laker"
Center Court

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:43 am

therealdeal wrote:The Warriors will be better than the Rockets this season. As will the Clippers.

Debatable. Either way it doesn't suggest much. If anything, it's logistics....all 3 of those teams see each other 4 times a year and are within an hour flight of each other.
Chillbongo

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:57 pm

Chillbongo wrote:
therealdeal wrote:The Warriors will be better than the Rockets this season. As will the Clippers.

Debatable. Either way it doesn't suggest much. If anything, it's logistics....all 3 of those teams see each other 4 times a year and are within an hour flight of each other.

The Warriors might be debatable, but if Houston finishes higher than the Clippers, I'll eat a raw steak.

If logistics were a concern, they could have also pitted us against Sacramento and Phoenix. Also very close teams.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Punk-101 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:26 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Chillbongo wrote:

The Warriors might be debatable, but if Houston finishes higher than the Clippers, I'll eat a raw steak.

If logistics were a concern, they could have also pitted us against Sacramento and Phoenix. Also very close teams.

Dear Basketball Gods: For the sake of CL comedy, please let CP3 and Blake Griffin have season ending injuries opening night. Amen.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:06 pm

Punk-101 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Chillbongo wrote:

Dear Basketball Gods: For the sake of CL comedy, please let CP3 and Blake Griffin have season ending injuries opening night. Amen.

:man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:42 pm

Except that no one wants to see either of two of the worst teams play on opening night.
Chillbongo

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion