Summer League / Camp Players Discussion: CDR, Selby

Re: Lakers Sign Chris Douglas-Roberts

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:04 pm

last stand wrote:Sacre? You mean Dan gadzuric

Actually, that referrence was about Ronnie Aguilar, not Robert Sacre...

The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:19 pm

Weezy wrote:He reminds me of Gadzuric more than just in similar looks, they also move very similar out on the court IMO. Both have a raw look about them, they're not fluid, kinda slow and robotic, like they're thinking through the footwork and moves they were taught not going off natural ability and instinct, both look like they only play because of their height. I'm a UCLA fan so I saw Gadzuric's whole career there and took notice when I saw him playing in the NBA too, he actually really improved from college to the pros after a few years.

Yeah I mean it's a fair comparison. They're both relatively slow and limited athletically. Neither of them are suited to start games, but as a career 3rd string guy? Sure. Sacre can be that kind of player.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:22 pm

I would take CDR over Ebanks because he has proven he can score in this league. I still liked what Ebanks brought to the game last night though, we shall see.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby JSM on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:41 am

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
Brown said both Jodie Meeks & Chris Douglas-Roberts turned some heads in practice today.

From yesterday's practice, it was already posted in the Meeks thread, but thought I'd post it in here as well.

Hopefully CDR will make the cut. He's good enough and better than some of the roster candidates ahead of him.

Another perk to keeping him is when Brown wants to get "creative" with his rotations, CDR is a better fit at the 2 than Ebanks is. *Sigh* if only we had a competent coach...but that's a discussion for another thread.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:57 am

He's been one of the more exciting/intriguing Camp pickups we've had in a while.

I really think he makes the team. Someone somewhere has to know he's better for this team than Morris or Goudelock.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby cthroatgtr on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:21 am

Without the benefit of camp and much preseason right now this is who I keep:

PG-Nash, Blake, Morris
SG-Kobe, Meeks, CDR
SF-MWP, Ebanks, Jamison
PF-Gasol, Hill, Clark
C-Howard, Sacre

Positions with Hill, Jamison & CDR are relative as they will be tweeners. Not sure I wouldn't prefer a better 5th big over Clark but maybe he'll surprise. Only there because he is taller. Goudlock is an undersized SG and really doesn't have a role. Morris is a true PG and belongs in the d-league. Right now I would guess Blake has the inside track on Duhon. Also depth chart is not actual as we know if Jamison plays SF he is ahead of Ebanks. DJO could surprise but I think he is a long shot unless he really can defend well.
cthroatgtr

Postby gcclaker on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:48 am

Brown always liked athletic wings dating back to his Cavalier stint with playes like Parker and Moon coming to mind. Douglas-Roberts fits that mold and just needs a stable environment to rejuvenate his career. I hope he makes the squad.
Nor can the Lakers get blamed for always making the right decisions over decades. At some point its not just luck or "gamble", its superior management and superior ownership.
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Tobias Funke on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:53 am

How's he gonna make the team if Dwight keeps swatting his shots? :man10:
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby Finwë on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:25 pm

JSM wrote:
Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
Brown said both Jodie Meeks & Chris Douglas-Roberts turned some heads in practice today.

From yesterday's practice, it was already posted in the Meeks thread, but thought I'd post it in here as well.

Hopefully CDR will make the cut. He's good enough and better than some of the roster candidates ahead of him.

Another perk to keeping him is when Brown wants to get "creative" with his rotations, CDR is a better fit at the 2 than Ebanks is. *Sigh* if only we had a competent coach...but that's a discussion for another thread.

Awesome.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby purp n gold on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:54 pm

I don't understand who exactly has a guaranteed contract or not. I thought we only had 1 roster spot available for the camp invites, but then I read posts on here talking about how Clark, Goudelock or Morris are capable of being cut.

If that's the case, then YES let go of Morris or Goudelock and bring in Sacre & CDR. :jam2:
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby XXIV on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:01 pm

purp n gold wrote:I don't understand who exactly has a guaranteed contract or not. I thought we only had 1 roster spot available for the camp invites, but then I read posts on here talking about how Clark, Goudelock or Morris are capable of being cut.

If that's the case, then YES let go of Morris or Goudelock and bring in Sacre & CDR. :jam2:

Morris has a guaranteed contract, and we have two spots available.
XXIV

Postby Alcindor on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:14 pm

purp n gold wrote:I don't understand who exactly has a guaranteed contract or not. I thought we only had 1 roster spot available for the camp invites, but then I read posts on here talking about how Clark, Goudelock or Morris are capable of being cut.

I wish we hadn't signed Morris but at the time we were thin at PG. Clark is guaranteed as well (1.24mil). To waive one of these guys means paying them, and the cap hit is double still, and then signing someone else to replace them and having their pay be doubled on our cap hit as well so it's going to take some extraordinary play by someone to get us to clear a roster spot just for them. That said, of all the guaranteed contracts I think Morris would be the one to go.

We'll see how the rest of the pre-season goes but CDR looks to be a wing we could use and Sacre by default might make it too.
Alcindor

Postby Alcindor on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:14 pm

double post
Last edited by Alcindor on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alcindor

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:14 pm

The only people with non-guaranteed contracts: Andrew Goudelock, Darius Johnson-Odom, Greg Somogyi, Reeves Nelson, Robert Sacre, and Ronnie Aguilar.

Here's the link:http://www.storytellerscontracts.com/

For whatever reason Sacre isn't even listed on the team, but according to NBC he's also signed to a non-guaranteed deal. http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/39524603/ns/sports-player_news/

Some other sights indicate that Chris Douglas-Roberts' contract isn't guaranteed either...
http://www.rotoinfo.com/comments-2012_10_01_07_07_pm_Lakers_Chris_Douglas_Roberts_G-151285.html

but other sources say the details still are yet to be released. I'm guessing it's non-guaranteed, but I can't be sure.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby purp n gold on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:27 pm

:jam2: Thanks for the info guys. I feel confident we'll have CDR and Sacre for this season, thought it would be one or the other. CDR should beat out Goudelock for the final roster spot
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby XXIV on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:13 pm

purp n gold wrote::jam2: Thanks for the info guys. I feel confident we'll have CDR and Sacre for this season, thought it would be one or the other. CDR should beat out Goudelock for the final roster spot

It'll likely be between CDR and DJO, but I see CDR edging him out.
XXIV

Postby Ras Algethi on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:13 pm

CDR definitely looks like he can contribute. He's a keeper. We can do much worst, I mean look at the rest of our bench.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:05 pm

So when can the thread title get changed to CDR Discussion Thread?

Dude deserves a spot on the team.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby The Rock on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:17 pm

He needs to be on the squad. Another solid game

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby revgen on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:18 pm

If we're going to sign him, it better be soon before somebody else does. We're not the only ones watching these games.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby bluedawgalex on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:22 pm

im not an ebanks fan at all

i really like cdr. the guy can ball out.

ebanks has his moments but i have no faith in him.

aguilar/somogyi,nelson,can be cut

i want sacre and cdr to make the team

we dont need 4 point guards. one of morris/duhon/blake HAS to go.

i'd hate to have to let go of cdr cuz were carrying 4 pt guards, 2 of which suck :bang:
bluedawgalex

Postby DirtySoap on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:27 pm

I didn't get to watch the game tonight. How did CDR play? Definitely rooting for him to make the squad.
DirtySoap

Postby Weezy on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:28 pm

Keep this guy, I see more NBA level player in him than Ebanks. Nothing against Ebanks, but CDR looks like he belongs in the league more to me, he looks like a more consistent NBA player.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:31 pm

DirtySoap wrote:I didn't get to watch the game tonight. How did CDR play? Definitely rooting for him to make the squad.

He was solid IMO, 7 points, a block, a steal, a rebound, an assist in about 14 minutes. Nothing spectacular, but all around good, I want him on the team.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:38 pm

He needs to make the squad ... the bench definetely needs his scoring abilities
wcsoldier81

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion