Lakers sign Josh McRoberts for Mini MLE (Pg. 9)

Re: [ESPNLA] Lakers eyeing Delonte West & Josh McRoberts

Postby Barnstable on Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:14 pm

For all his talent.... I wouldn't ever want Delonte West on this squad. He has too many issues. "Metta Word Peace" is enough of a headcase on his own.

McRoberts? We can do better.

Don't do it Mitch.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:20 pm

JSM wrote:Delonte and Telfair?! Has Mitch lost it? Does he want to add a metal detector in the locker room? Neither are worth the hassle.

McRoberts wouldn't be a bad, cheap pickup. Seems more like a Phil pickup to me though.

maybe we should sign both telfair and west and see who shoots each other first
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby GoatMilk16 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:02 am

Barnstable wrote:For all his talent.... I wouldn't ever want Delonte West on this squad. He has too many issues. "Metta Word Peace" is enough of a headcase on his own.

McRoberts? We can do better.

Don't do it Mitch.

mcroberts really isn't a bad player at all

how can we do much better? even if we can, mcroberts is probably cheaper

this team needs an energy guy other than Barnes. would be a nice pickup IMO
GoatMilk16

Postby Weezy on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:19 am

I like McRoberts, he's a hustle player, but I don't see what need he fills. No thanks to Delonte though, headcase.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:40 am

Weezy wrote:I like McRoberts, he's a hustle player, but I don't see what need he fills. No thanks to Delonte though, headcase.

McRoberts can fill in for Shannon in entertaining the crowd with his dunks.
Kobe8Fan

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:43 am

Kobe8Fan

Postby BadCoaching on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:47 am

Mcroberts would be a nice pickup for cheap. He does those hustle plays.. sort like Turiaf use to give us.

sucks West is a nutjob.. he can straight up play.
BadCoaching

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:56 am

Delonte would be by far the best realistic option at the PG , much better than Davis and Telfair ...
wcsoldier81

Postby juninho on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:23 am

delonto got skills but don't want him in the same lockerroom with barnes&artest. Also he is injury prone. Mcroberts is better than our bench bigs except odom but we need a backup center more than a backup pf.
juninho

Postby therealdeal on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:26 am

McRoberts yes. West no.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Pig Miller on Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:53 am

josh mcroberts? i'm not going to say i've got a good grasp on his game, but not sure how he fits this squad? or is it just that we need some bodies to fill out the roster? we need a backup center, and if i recall correctly, josh is too small for that role.
Pig Miller

Postby KB24 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:40 am

no thanks :bang:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby noobiew on Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:25 am

KB24 wrote:no thanks :bang:

same here, +1
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:48 pm

Delonte would be good cause when we make the final against the Heat he can make sure Lebrons mom sits in the front row with a Lakers Jersey on that would keep the fragile king all distracted and the Lakers cruise to the title in 3 games cause we know he can't show up for the big one... lol
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:55 am

Not that I have anything against people with Bipolar-ism, Delonte, who was diagnosed with it, is notorious for his mood swings.

You heard those stories about fighting in the locker room in Cleveland, there was an entire article about how separated he is from the team because of it. He's sometimes a cool guy and is a good talent, but he's just not mentally stable enough to develop chemistry with a team, even with a guy like Kobe.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby trodgers on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:04 am

I wouldn't mind West. I sorta "campaigned" for him some time ago.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby khmrP on Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:17 am

didn't West have some of his best seasons under Brown? Maybe Brown will keep him in check, I know he got into with with Wafer in Bos, but we all know Wafer is a dbag.
khmrP

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:18 pm

McRoberts isn't a bad player.

Solid rebounder, hustle/will kind of guy, generates a good amount of steals, scores efficiently. If we can nab him for 2 years, 4 million, I wouldn't be opposed to it. We have other areas to address, but you could do a lot worse.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby jackflag on Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:12 pm

nthydro wrote:Delonte West is a motherf**cker...literally.

lol

This would be a great signing for LA, he's better than any guard not named Kobe by far. Does a little of everything, plays D, can shoot, can make plays. He's a mental risk but its time to take chances, and we've got Kobe and Fish to keep him in line.

McRoberts is underrated and would be good for a low price, but West is a much better acquisition. Especially if we can't get Battier.
jackflag

Postby JSM on Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:15 am

Tzvi Twersky of SLAM wrote:Delonte West may be going Hollywood.

The 28-year-old free agent spent time during the lockout working on a self-produced reality show. Now, according to a knowledgeable source, the guard is entertaining calls from the Los Angeles Lakers.

If he were to sign with L.A., West, who spent the 2010-11 season with the Boston Celtics, would be reunited with Coach Mike Brown, who was the head coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers when West played there from 2008-10.

“I love Mike Brown,” West told SLAM when we spent time with him this past summer. “I mean, he’s a great guy. Too good. what else can you ask from a coach? He tried to do everything to keep everybody happy, keep the personalities happy [in Cleveland].”

Meanwhile, according to the same source, the Boston Celtics did not contact West on the first day that teams were allowed to reach out to players directly (though they have reached out to his representatives).

The combo-guard averaged 5.6 ppg and 2.7 apg in 24 games during an injury-riddled ’10-11 season for the Celtics. He upped that to 6.6 ppg in the Playoffs, including five straight double-figure scoring games against the Miami Heat in the Conference Semifinals.

West did his best during the lockout to address his tarnished image. Now he’d like a chance to do the same on the court.

“I know that any team that gets me next year will be making a great pickup,” West told SLAM this past summer. “I still have a chip on my shoulder, one, because I feel that I haven’t be compensated like the players I’m competing against; I can’t wait to show them that I deserve something. And, two, I got a chip on my shoulder because I just do. That’s how I live life.”
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:17 am

Isn't he bipolar?
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:21 am

West is a combo guard and could easily fill in the backup 1 and 2 spot for us. I think he could keep his crap in check with Kobe on the team, not taking any crap from him. He's a solid player, likes the coach and fills a need we have. Probably can get him cheap as well, which leaves a little wiggle room left to add another role player as well.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Source: Lakers Contact Delonte West

Postby Kobe8Fan on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:22 am

Source: Lakers Contact Delonte West

The 28-year-old free agent spent time during the lockout working on a self-produced reality show. Now, according to a knowledgeable source, the guard is entertaining calls from the Los Angeles Lakers.

If he were to sign with L.A., West, who spent the 2010-11 season with the Boston Celtics, would be reunited with Coach Mike Brown, who was the head coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers when West played there from 2008-10.

“I love Mike Brown,” West told SLAM when we spent time with him this past summer. “I mean, he’s a great guy. Too good. what else can you ask from a coach? He tried to do everything to keep everybody happy, keep the personalities happy [in Cleveland].”

Meanwhile, according to the same source, the Boston Celtics did not contact West on the first day that teams were allowed to reach out to players directly (though they have reached out to his representatives).

The combo-guard averaged 5.6 ppg and 2.7 apg in 24 games during an injury-riddled ’10-11 season for the Celtics. He upped that to 6.6 ppg in the Playoffs, including five straight double-figure scoring games against the Miami Heat in the Conference Semifinals.

West did his best during the lockout to address his tarnished image. Now he’d like a chance to do the same on the court.

“I know that any team that gets me next year will be making a great pickup,” West told SLAM this past summer. “I still have a chip on my shoulder, one, because I feel that I haven’t be compensated like the players I’m competing against; I can’t wait to show them that I deserve something. And, two, I got a chip on my shoulder because I just do. That’s how I live life.”

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/20 ... tics-dont/
Kobe8Fan

Postby kray28 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:15 am

Delonte's leaving a couple of details out...

“I still have a chip on my shoulder, one, because I feel that I haven’t be compensated like the players I’m competing against; I can’t wait to show them that I deserve something. And, two, I got a chip on my shoulder because I just do. That’s how I live life.”

This might explain the guns in the guitar case....and maybe the most infamous one night stand in NBA history.

This is why you don't mess with crazy (or LeBron's mom).
kray28

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:41 am

ill take D West for the minimum...and Josh McRoberts for minimum too...esp if we end up getting Cp3 and Dwight....need shooters and athletic dudes that can play D. Perfect role players.
FabFourLakers

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion