Lakers Sign Reeves Nelson and Greg Somogyi

Re: Lakers Sign Reeves Nelson and Greg Somogyi

Postby therealdeal on Sun May 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Like I've said: the guy is a big body and for that he has some value, but offensively he has no skills in the NBA. Defensively he's too slow for much help defense and too weak for stronger Centers.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Showtime.Revival.05 on Sun May 19, 2013 10:21 pm

therealdeal wrote:Like I've said: the guy is a big body and for that he has some value, but offensively he has no skills in the NBA. Defensively he's too slow for much help defense and too weak for stronger Centers.

qft. my friend who went to ucsb, who's about 6'3" & not in amazing shape but has some talent and knows how to play, held his own against somogyi in a few pickup games
Showtime.Revival.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby XXIV on Sun May 19, 2013 10:23 pm

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Like I've said: the guy is a big body and for that he has some value, but offensively he has no skills in the NBA. Defensively he's too slow for much help defense and too weak for stronger Centers.

qft. my friend who went to ucsb, who's about 6'3" & not in amazing shape but has some talent and knows how to play, held his own against somogyi in a few pickup games

Wow, he had trouble scoring over a guy a foot shorter than him? :man10:
XXIV

Postby WilliamHaven on Sun May 19, 2013 11:40 pm

all i remember about somogyi was how incredibly slow he was (and tall)...possibly the slowest i've ever seen. reaction time virtually non-existent. the fact that mike brown was impressed and is still interested just confirms that we correctly fired him. and i needed that confirmation after the season we just endured....
Move along ho, Super Lakers don't hang out with no skanks.
WilliamHaven

Postby therealdeal on Mon May 20, 2013 9:27 am

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:

I'm a Long Beach alum and I saw the guy play against us in the Big West Tournament in Anaheim. The guy is just a big body, that's it. I'm sure that's enough for him to play somewhere, but not in the NBA.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion