Lakers standing in Western Conf. Discussion

Re: Lakers standing in Western Conf. Discussion

Postby The Rock on Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:48 pm

Didnt we have the 2 seed last year and still lose? UGH. Just get some wins on the road and solid home wins please

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby venky on Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:55 pm

We had the #3 seed last year.

Edit:

Oh wait, I think you're right, we did have the 2 seed.

1. Spurs
2. Lakers
3. Mavs
4. Thunder.
venky

Postby XXIV on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:41 pm

We did have the #2 seed although we tied record wise with the Mavs. I remember it came down to the last regular season game against the Kings where we won it in overtime.
XXIV

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:38 am

I'd like for the Lakers to get the 3 seed so they can avoid OKC until WCF at least (or force the Clippers to face OKC in the 2nd round and beat them for us). Get in that bracket.cuz if ur in the 4/5 bracket, it's going to be a tough road.
FabFourLakers

Postby 24K GOLD on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:42 am

As crappy as the team has been, they still have a shot at the second place in the conference.
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

Postby LakerFan1235 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:03 pm

Second seed is key in my opinion. Our best first round match ups are housten, minnesota and denver if you ask me. What do you guys think? Every other team seems more dangerous.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:11 pm

Imagine if we didn't lose those 2 games last week....we would BE the 2nd seed right now!! Ridiculous...
FabFourLakers

Postby LakerFan1235 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:13 pm

I just checked the next 5 games. we have got to go 4-1. If we do that I would be pretty satisfied.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
LakerFan1235

Postby TIME on Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:14 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:Imagine if we didn't lose those 2 games last week....we would BE the 2nd seed right now!! Ridiculous...

Can't afford any more lapses like those two games the rest of the way.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:14 pm

Well we're getting pretty lucky in the standings....even with those 2 horrible losses, we've shot ourselves back into the 3 spot thanks to some losses from the Clippers and Grizzlies. We NEED to beat Memphis on Tuesday though. and Clippers have the Celtics tomorrow.....
FabFourLakers

Postby karacha on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:20 pm

Celtics better be angry and ready to play. We're doing alright right now, but have to improve on the road.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:00 pm

We're currently 3rd, Memphis right behind us, we play them Tuesday, no better time or reason to get a road win. Had we just freaking taken care of business in Detroit and Washington we'd have a little cushion in 3rd place though, opportunity wasted.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:05 pm

We lost those two games because Kobe just realized today that Bynum is bigger than anyone else... :man10:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby NewDynasty on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:19 pm

Considering the Lakers are practically unbeatable at home we can easily go to the western conference finals if we have the 2nd seed. And if we even steal one game that means we can go to the finals after a 7 game series.
NewDynasty

Postby LakerFan1235 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:32 pm

NewDynasty wrote:Considering the Lakers are practically unbeatable at home we can easily go to the western conference finals if we have the 2nd seed. And if we even steal one game that means we can go to the finals after a 7 game series.

Lol just cause we are one of the best home teams in the league doesn't mean it is a given that we win every home playoff game. Teams in the playoffs don't just bow down to your home record. Thats why we NEED to get better on the road.
LakerFan1235

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:42 pm

LakerFan1235 wrote:
NewDynasty wrote:Considering the Lakers are practically unbeatable at home we can easily go to the western conference finals if we have the 2nd seed. And if we even steal one game that means we can go to the finals after a 7 game series.

Lol just cause we are one of the best home teams in the league doesn't mean it is a given that we win every home playoff game. Teams in the playoffs don't just bow down to your home record. Thats why we NEED to get better on the road.

Exactly. The 07-08 Jazz were nearly unbeatable at home, they went 37-4 at home but just 17-24 on the road. They lost in the semis to us.

Teams like Dallas don't care at all where they're playing, the won on the road like CRAZY last post-season.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:39 am

I guess nobody wants to win the Pacific ... both LA teams keep losing games they should easily win
wcsoldier81

Postby Forward Three on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:40 am

It is weird to consider that if this team was competent on the road we'd be in a close battle for first in the West, even first overall in the League. You figure there are about 6 games that the Lakers just as easily could have won that they crapped out on the Road. It's weird that even with the horrible road record and uncannily and consistently bad road performances, the team's record is still to be considered 'good' by NBA standards(particularly in a weird lockout season) and should be considered 'acceptable' by Lakers standards.

Still difficult to be happy about a team that is so bipolar and when they are 'off' they look like a lottery team.
Forward Three

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:00 am

^^ Seriously!

I think we just need to hold on to that 3 spot. I'll take our chances even on the road against SA. I think we match up pretty well with them and would get over even without HCA. OKC is going to be very tough though. But not much we can do about that. I don't see us catching them this season. Just have to play the hand that's dealt and hope for the best if we can get to the WCF against them.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby 24K GOLD on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:06 am

The team would be solidly in second place in the West if they were just even .500 on the road or very close to.

But as constructed, the Lakers are not going to beat OKC in a 7-game series. Let's see what the next few days holds for the team.
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:09 am

Sessions plz.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby GoldHammish on Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:32 pm

If we beat the Pups and the Spurs lose to OKC tonight, we move to within 1 game of 2nd place.
GoldHammish

Postby denimPortugal on Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:35 pm

GoldHammish wrote:If we beat the Pups and the Spurs lose to OKC tonight, we move to within 1 game of 2nd place.

:man13:
denimPortugal

Postby therealdeal on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:51 am

With the Clippers playing .500 ball since the loss of Billups, it looks like the real LA has a chance to cement themselves in the top 3. I'm hoping that OKC, whose road record has cooled, will continue cooling at that LA can catch up to SAS. If we stay healthy and can start to really gel, we have a chance to compete for the top 1-3 seeds in the West.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:05 am

Just noticed this but LA has played the most road games among all playoff teams in the West. Their 9-14 record is mediocre but they definitely picked up the play on the road (and overall) after the two miserable losses against Detroit and Washington. And now with some young blood on the team those road games should become a tad more managable and allow the big three to rest more. I want to see some more games before I make any declarations but we're definitely on the right path here. I was almost 100% sure this team would get bounced by the first or second round just a week ago but they really have a chance at the WCF now.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion