Lakers standing in Western Conf. Discussion

Re: Lakers standing in Western Conf. Discussion

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:23 am

We won't get higher than the 3rd seed with remaining road games at Houston, Dallas ( back to back) , Floppers ( back to back) , SAS (twice)

Good news is the other LA team didn't take advantage of a 6 games homestand so far ( 1-3) and after that they have a back to back to back at Indiana, OKC and Hornets ... then again 5 straight home games but their April schedule is TOUGH .
wcsoldier81

Postby thkthebest on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:35 am

I don't know. I think the 2nd seed is possible. Spurs don't have an easy schedule either, and we're only 2 games back. We face them 3 times (twice at home), which will be crucial in determining who gets the second seed.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby therealdeal on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:41 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:We won't get higher than the 3rd seed with remaining road games at Houston, Dallas ( back to back) , Floppers ( back to back) , SAS (twice)

Good news is the other LA team didn't take advantage of a 6 games homestand so far ( 1-3) and after that they have a back to back to back at Indiana, OKC and Hornets ... then again 5 straight home games but their April schedule is TOUGH .

OKC:
Sun 25 vs MIA
Thu 29 at LAL
Sun 1 vs CHI
Wed 4 at MIA
Sun 22 at LAL

and two games against the Clippers. Everyone has tough games coming up, the Lakers are no different. We have a chance to make ground against SA for sure.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby scheven on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:49 am

therealdeal wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:We won't get higher than the 3rd seed with remaining road games at Houston, Dallas ( back to back) , Floppers ( back to back) , SAS (twice)

OKC:
Sun 25 vs MIA
Thu 29 at LAL
Sun 1 vs CHI
Wed 4 at MIA
Sun 22 at LAL

and two games against the Clippers. Everyone has tough games coming up, the Lakers are no different. We have a chance to make ground against SA for sure.

Let's make a run to finish the season strong and try to get 1st seed. 5 games behind isnt thaaat bad, especially when we have two games against OKC. Win those two and try to win 3 more than them and let the Spurs and OKC battle it out in the 2nd round while we destroy Flop City :man9:
scheven

Postby therealdeal on Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:03 am

scheven wrote:
Let's make a run to finish the season strong and try to get 1st seed. 5 games behind isnt thaaat bad, especially when we have two games against OKC. Win those two and try to win 3 more than them and let the Spurs and OKC battle it out in the 2nd round while we destroy Flop City :man9:

I mean I know 5 games is a long shot at this point in the season... :man10: Just saying, this team now has the ability to compete on that level. I doubt we make it there, but the 2nd spot is certainly up for grabs if we can keep up this hot streak.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:52 am

The 2 seed is where we need to be. Opposite OKC and home court until the WCF. That would be HUGE for us because we play so well at home. All we need to do is take one on the road and we are in good position.

The games against the Spurs will no doubt be playoff like games.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby scheven on Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:47 pm

Doc Brown wrote:The 2 seed is where we need to be. Opposite OKC and home court until the WCF. That would be HUGE for us because we play so well at home. All we need to do is take one on the road and we are in good position.

The games against the Spurs will no doubt be playoff like games.
Yep, 3 games in 9 days
scheven

Postby Doberman on Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:07 pm

We're a good road team, we simply stumbled out of the gates. We started 1-7. We've gone 8-7 since. And when you consider that the Det and Was games are ones we should've won (if not for Kobe's poor decision making), we could very well be 10-5 on the road in our last 15.

As for SA, if we sweep them, we will win the 2nd seed.
Doberman

Postby LakerFanIam on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:21 pm

DAL is taking care of SAS for us ....... THNX.
LakerFanIam

Postby XXIV on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:01 pm

Dallas won against San Antonio.
XXIV

Postby denimPortugal on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:09 pm

We're now 1,5 game behind spurms!
denimPortugal

Postby Finwë on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:07 pm

We haven't played the spurs yet. I think we can totally grab that 2nd seed and beating them (3 times?) would seal the possibility. Hope that happens.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:48 am

To have HCA would be nice but I don't think it matters much against SAS ... we're just a bad matchup for them ... looking at the remaining schedules , OKC one is very tough ... 5 games seems to be too much of a stretch but who knows
wcsoldier81

Postby XXIV on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:19 am

We're still the third seed but we're now further away from obtaining the 2nd seed, and the race for West is tighter than ever. We really can't afford to lost anymore games, especially ones we should easily win.
XXIV

Postby karacha on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:30 am

XXIV wrote:We really can't afford to lost anymore games....

...but we will lose them anyway.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:36 am

Countless missed opportunities to basically locked down the Pacific Division title and to battle for the 2nd spot ... Detroit, Washington, Utah, Houston ... we couldn't do a worse job at taking advantage of the floppers struggles ... now we will battle for the 3rd spot and can finish as low as a 6th seed
wcsoldier81

Postby easyguy on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:48 am

That is it, I'll stop wasting my time watching the games and just watch highlights or more recently lowlights posted by peoples here. I get too heated watching them lose. :mad1:
easyguy

Postby XXIV on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:55 am

easyguy wrote:That is it, I'll stop wasting my time watching the games and just watch highlights or more recently lowlights posted by peoples here. I get too heated watching them lose. :mad1:

Take it easy guy. :man12:
XXIV

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:52 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Countless missed opportunities to basically locked down the Pacific Division title and to battle for the 2nd spot ... Detroit, Washington, Utah, Houston ... we couldn't do a worse job at taking advantage of the floppers struggles ... now we will battle for the 3rd spot and can finish as low as a 6th seed

I can't believe we gave those games away in the last minute. We should be 2nd place by now.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:58 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:Countless missed opportunities to basically locked down the Pacific Division title and to battle for the 2nd spot ... Detroit, Washington, Utah, Houston ... we couldn't do a worse job at taking advantage of the floppers struggles ... now we will battle for the 3rd spot and can finish as low as a 6th seed

I can't believe we gave those games away in the last minute. We should be 2nd place by now.

Yup...woulda had a shot at 1st place actually....OKC has a tough stretch coming up...I think we STILL have a shot at the 2 seed since we play the Spurs THREE times in April (which idiot decided this? smh)....

On a brighter note, I think barring an absolute collapse down the stretch from the Lakers, we should be the 3 seed at the end of the regular season. The CLippers are crashing and burning, in fact, seeds 4-9 in the west are separated by a HALF game!!!!!!! So nuts!
FabFourLakers

Postby KobeCory8 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:03 pm

for such a rocky start to the season, it is honestly hard to believe what a good position we are in in the west. It just goes to show the level of talent we have always had. That's why I love being a Laker fan, no matter the year we always find a way to compete and be relevant. I feel we will grab the 2 seed due to the additon of session and still probably be 3-5 games behind OKC at the end of the season. Playoffs shall be quite interesting
KobeCory8

Postby jamabile on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:39 pm

I think right now the 2nd seed is the goal. We're three behind San Antonio, but we play them three times in the month of April, so I believe we have to win 2 out of those three to grab that spot. Considering how many games we've blown, it's quite suprising we're sitting in a advantageous position.
jamabile

Postby dj vitus on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:57 pm

Well, Clippers are now just two games behind us. If we don't get our act together, we could fall to 4th seed before we know it. :mad1:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby XXIV on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:59 pm

dj vitus wrote:Well, Clippers are now just two games behind us. If we don't get our act together, we could fall to 4th seed before we know it. :mad1:

I was fairly confident we would at least by the 3 seed, but now with all these issues coming up with Bynum and Bryant I'm worried it may affect their play on the court.
XXIV

Postby therealdeal on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:47 pm

dj vitus wrote:Well, Clippers are now just two games behind us. If we don't get our act together, we could fall to 4th seed before we know it. :mad1:

they've been there for a while now...
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion