Lakers standing in Western Conf. Discussion

Re: Lakers standing in Western Conf. Discussion

Postby scissors on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:10 pm

Ralph Lawler yelling out "Bingo" is so annoying.
scissors

Postby XXIV on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:11 pm

scissors wrote:Ralph Lawler yelling out "Bingo" is so annoying.

Ralph Lawler is annoying regardless of what he yells. :man10:
XXIV

Postby WilliamHaven on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:19 pm

XXIV wrote:

very true...not to mention his partner mike smith having an orgasmic fit anytime chris paul or griffin does literally anything at all.
Move along ho, Super Lakers don't hang out with no skanks.
WilliamHaven

Postby The Rock on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:20 pm

F the Hornets. Freakin chokers

Eric Gordon was hot garbage in the 4th Q

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby scissors on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:21 pm

XXIV wrote:

Yeah he is such a homer. E Gordon just fouled Chris Paul and Lawler was talking mad crap about him. Just last year he was all over Gordon's nuts. LOL.
scissors

Postby WilliamHaven on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:24 pm

wow 19 ft's for paul
WilliamHaven

Postby XXIV on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:24 pm

Didn't we have to beat the Kings last season to secure the second seed? If I remember correctly that was a very close game and Kobe made a game winning shot?

Lets hope we're able to do the same this time around.
XXIV

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:25 pm

The Rock wrote:F the Hornets. Freakin chokers

Eric Gordon was hot garbage in the 4th Q

They were clearly tanking. Stern still trying to screw the Lakers over. He probably texted the coach to remind him they need to lose.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:27 pm

Don't worry Clips will lose in Hotlanta on Tuesday.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:31 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Don't worry Clips will lose in Hotlanta on Tuesday.

I doubt it they will be resting players as will NYK. Lakers will probably have to win Thursday to secure the division crown.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:37 pm

KeepBynum wrote:

I doubt it they will be resting players as will NYK. Lakers will probably have to win Thursday to secure the division crown.

Jerry Stackhouse will be unleashed.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby LakerFanIam on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:40 pm

KeepBynum wrote:

Not sure if they will or not... Neither team has much to gain or lose, but I'm not sure they'll be resting players.
LakerFanIam

Postby dmaul on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Not going to lie. Have been hoping to lose and fall to the fourth seed. Was hoping for a scenario where the Thunder get the Clippers and we get the Spurs in the second round. For some reason, I feel better about the Lakers chances against SA than OKC. And OKC has had a hard time against the Clips, because of Chris Paul.
You hate to have to wish and hope for a favorable road but this team needs all the help it can get. This is not a team where its fans don't care who we have to go through because they're not good enough to justify that kind of swagger.
dmaul

Postby scissors on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:55 pm

I have a good feeling the Lakers will surprise us once the playoffs starts.
scissors

Postby The Rock on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:16 pm

https://twitter.com/#!/RaberLA

Monty Williams referring to Clippers "It's hard to play against all the flopping and nonsense that goes on with that team.”

Williams: "Who is the common denominator with all this fluff going on around the league? Blake Griffin. " (cont.)

"We don't dunk, we don't stare at people, we play the game the same way every night. … But all the extra stuff, we've never been about that”

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby GoldHammish on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:19 pm

The Rock wrote:https://twitter.com/#!/RaberLA

Monty Williams referring to Clippers "It's hard to play against all the flopping and nonsense that goes on with that team.”

Williams: "Who is the common denominator with all this fluff going on around the league? Blake Griffin. " (cont.)

"We don't dunk, we don't stare at people, we play the game the same way every night. … But all the extra stuff, we've never been about that”

PREACH :jam2:
GoldHammish

Postby Finwë on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:19 pm

Good breakdown on the Lakers' possible playoff scenarios:
http://blog.lakers.com/lakers/2012/04/22/lakers-magic-no-for-3-seed-1/

Also, the overall playoff picture:
http://www.nba.com/statistics/playoff_picture.html

I like Denver as our 1st round opponent. Think we can easily beat them.
They are well coached, but have lost some experience and toughness (especially due to that Nene for McGee trade). Dre Miller was a great addition thouhg.
They run a lot of P & R, which is still a problem for us, but Lawson is quite inconsistent, and so are some of their 3pt shooters, like Galinari and Afflalo.
Without Nene, they lack low post presence, McGee is all about dunks and putbacks. We should really hurt them inside and on the glass.
Kobe hasn't played very well against them, but I'll think he'll be ready to play BIG come playoff time.
It comes down to effort and execution. I expect the effort to be there, I mean, it's the freaking playoffs, and with enough preparation and practice IMO our execution will be fine.

If the season ended today, San Antonio would be facing the Jazz. I wouldn't be surprised if SA suffered another upset. The Jazz's strenghts are exactly SA's weaknesses: paint game, rebounding, size.. Nevertheless, if SA beats the Jazz, they'll get either the Clippers or the Grizzlies. If it's Memphis, you know SA will struggle. They'll be better off against the Clipps IMO.

I think the Knicks can make it interesting against Miami. IMO they won't beat them (though I'd LOVE that), but at least they'll put up a good fight, I don't expect the series to last less than 6 games.

IMO Indiana will beat Orlando. No Howard, all sorts of issues revolving around the franchise (yet another "Howard will ask to be traded after the season" report was posted today on IamaGM.com), and a style of play that doesn't fit the playoffs that well: jack up 3s to no end (EDIT: It doesn't really work UNLESS you are the 2011 Dallas Mavericks...)

The Thunder will take care of the Mavs, so it's highly unlikely we'll get our payback. Still, it'll be nice to see the Mavs going on an early vacation.

The Clipps against the Grizz will be a very interesting series. CP3 usually brings it in big games, but then again a lot of the clippers' offense relies on unproven and inexperienced (in the playoffs) players, like Griffin, Foye, Butler, Young.. Meanwhile, Memphis has experience, and their style of play favors them in close games. They grind it out, play with great effort, very good defensive and rebounding team.
Last edited by Finwë on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:22 pm

Ha, glad to see a coach agree that the Clippers flop way to much :bow:
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:26 pm

I'd love to have this guy as our coach. He's got probably the worst roster in the league yet he has his guys competing every night.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:51 pm

Just win the next game against Sacto and we don't have to worry about the Paper Clips.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby WilliamHaven on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:54 pm

don't want to put too much clipper stuff in here, but how can a fan look at this and not be thoroughly embarrassed. this is more disgraceful than ron ron's elbow...

WilliamHaven

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:26 am

^^^^ The refs are so stupid and blind that they ruled that a flagrant 2 at first. They had to go back to the replay and watch again to determine that it was only a regular foul.

How you can't distinguish a F2 from a regular foul is beyond me.
Doc Brown

Postby The Rock on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:16 am

Thunder are 0-6 in April against playoff opponents. Interesting.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Finwë on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:27 am

WilliamHaven wrote:don't want to put too much clipper stuff in here, but how can a fan look at this and not be thoroughly embarrassed. this is more disgraceful than ron ron's elbow...

Pathetic. Disgusting. LOL this is your "tough guy"?

I hate flopping so effing much, and it's a growing tendency no doubt. It's not even slim or small players the ones who flop, I mean, LeBron flops, Wade flops like crazy, freak of nature Griffin flops... It's becoming a trend, and it's awful for the game.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:52 am

Someone had a temporary lag in their internet. :man10: :man10:
Doc Brown

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion