Lakers standing in Western Conf. Discussion

Re: Lakers standing in Western Conf. Discussion

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:10 pm

All tied up in the standings.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:11 pm

Yupppp. Brick Griffin is horrible in the clutch.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby trodgers on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:11 pm

*Fist Pump*
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Weezy on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:11 pm

Griffin tried to go for the dunk at the end, kinda pathetic, Clippers lose.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:12 pm

Damn....just like that the Lakers and Clippers are tied...i mean we're still one back in the loss column but technically we're tied with them now since we have 1 more win than them.
FabFourLakers

Postby The Rock on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:12 pm

YES! 1st in the PACIFIC

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby GoldHammish on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:13 pm

Awwww yeah :jam2: :jam2:
GoldHammish

Postby ladam24 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:14 pm

Lol. Clipper success was short-lived. Who's LA's team again?
"no matter what — no matter how hard, how far, or how many stand in my way, I remain determined."
ladam24

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:23 pm

I just want the Clips to lose one more game on Sunday vs Houston, and for us to win one more against the HEAT to really reclaim that Pacific division for good....we're still one game back in the LOSS column (even though we're technically tied since we have one more win than the Clips, percentage wise they're still ahead of us)
FabFourLakers

Postby davriver290 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:24 pm

ladam24 wrote:Lol. Clipper success was short-lived. Who's LA's team again?

Its funny that the Clippers are being considered a better team than the Lakers. I knew eventually we would catch up in the standings, and I still think we have the potential to catch up to 1st place (though its a long-shot). Just like the way we play on the court, we slowly move on up. SA and Clippers are (should) not have a better record than us towards the end.
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:26 pm

davriver290 wrote:

Its funny that the Clippers are being considered a better team than the Lakers. I knew eventually we would catch up in the standings, and I still think we have the potential to catch up to 1st place (though its a long-shot). Just like the way we play on the court, we slowly move on up. SA and Clippers are (should) not have a better record than us towards the end.

I'm more surprised by the Spurs being this good...not so much the Clippers. I don't believe the Spurs are a better team than us. Clippers, i think they have more talent...but again, they probably aren't better than us...yet.
FabFourLakers

Postby davriver290 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:28 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
davriver290 wrote:

I'm more surprised by the Spurs being this good...not so much the Clippers. I don't believe the Spurs are a better team than us. Clippers, i think they have more talent...but again, they probably aren't better than us...yet.

Spurs are always under the radar, but rightfully so. They aren't going to make much noise in the playoffs with their current roster. (At least they shouldn't) And I still think that in the playoffs, Lakers still have an advantage in a 7 game series. Against OKC, Clips, or any other Western team.
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby GoatMilk16 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:32 pm

I actually like the Spurs this year. They could give us some trouble

Duncan/Splitter are at least legit 7 footers to combat Pau/Drew
TP is a killer.
Manu always kills us
and they have a lot of shooters.

I'm not surprised at their record at all. I think we're pretty even with them. Them with HCA would be huge against us. We need to get to 2
GoatMilk16

Postby noobiew on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:36 pm

Good day, Dallas, Houston and Clippers all lost tonight.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:38 pm

I agree. Duncan is not the same player, and I don't think they'll keep up whatever they do in the regular season.

But with that said, we need a PG still. I still think we either get beat by OKC or Miami...
FabFourLakers

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:39 pm

lol which genius decided to put ALL 3 MEETINGS with the Spurs this year in the month of April? So odd. Those games are going to be huge.
FabFourLakers

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:41 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:lol which genius decided to put ALL 3 MEETINGS with the Spurs this year in the month of April? So odd. Those games are going to be huge.

Dictator Stern of course.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby calidoc75 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:58 pm

We have the WORST road record out of any of the 16 playoff teams. Imagine if we at least were .500 on the road, we would be challenging the Spurs for 2nd in the west easily. oh well, time to buckle up and get some very winnable road wins over the next couple weeks...
calidoc75

Postby XXIV on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:59 pm

calidoc75 wrote:We have the WORST road record out of any of the 16 playoff teams. Imagine if we at least were .500 on the road, we would be challenging the Spurs for 2nd in the west easily. oh well, time to buckle up and get some very winnable road wins over the next couple weeks...

We already are challenging the Spurs. :man12:
XXIV

Postby thkthebest on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:33 am

Clippers are playing .500 ball without Billups. We should take the Pacific division, which guarantees us at least a 4th seed. A 3rd seed is within reach, which is really weird. I keep feeling like we're doing a lot worse.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby Doberman on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:35 am

calidoc75 wrote:We have the WORST road record out of any of the 16 playoff teams. Imagine if we at least were .500 on the road, we would be challenging the Spurs for 2nd in the west easily. oh well, time to buckle up and get some very winnable road wins over the next couple weeks...

We started off 1-7 and have gone 5-5 since. So we are getting better, and we still have about half the season left.
Doberman

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:54 am

thkthebest wrote:Clippers are playing .500 ball without Billups. We should take the Pacific division, which guarantees us at least a 4th seed. A 3rd seed is within reach, which is really weird. I keep feeling like we're doing a lot worse.

This is the first time in a LONG time that the Lakers are playing that middle of the pack role for the season. They're either elite and title contenders or they're all but guaranteed a first round exit. Been that way since 2000. But now they're kind of in the 07-10 Jazz situation where you knew they weren't good enough to win anything but would put up a decent fight against the real contenders in the semis or conference finals. It's not a great feeling honestly, but I guess it's better than just flat out sucking.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby scheven on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:59 am

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
thkthebest wrote:Clippers are playing .500 ball without Billups. We should take the Pacific division, which guarantees us at least a 4th seed. A 3rd seed is within reach, which is really weird. I keep feeling like we're doing a lot worse.

This is the first time in a LONG time that the Lakers are playing that middle of the pack role for the season. They're either elite and title contenders or they're all but guaranteed a first round exit. Been that way since 2000. But now they're kind of in the 07-10 Jazz situation where you knew they weren't good enough to win anything but would put up a decent fight against the real contenders in the semis or conference finals. It's not a great feeling honestly, but I guess it's better than just flat out sucking.

Yeah but when you have Kobe on your team who knows what could happen in the playoffs. IMO we were playing much worse last year towards the end of the season, losing to several scrub teams. At least recently our losses have been coming from good teams
scheven

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:02 am

Last season there was a time when I truly thought they were going to 3-peat. They had that stretch where they went 17-1 or whatever it was but they really did peak too early. A distracted Pau and beatup Kobe was just not enough to get it done.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:12 am

Been saying it, but in this lockout condensed/shortened seasons the Lakers are a legit contender in the West. Any team that has an elite superstar like Bryant and two great complimentary All Stars like Bynum and Gasol is gonna be awfully difficult to beat in a seven game series.
Texas Lakers Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion