Lakers standing in Western Conf. Discussion

Re: Lakers standing in Western Conf. Discussion

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:54 am

The back to back wasn't the primary reason I booked it as a loss against Denver, they've just had a really crappy schedule so far and they cherish the few home games they've gotten so stealing one on a back to back in that kind of situation is difficult. I think we'll be fine on most back to back nights later in the season.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby basilhayden on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:21 am

I don't see anything better than about .500 in January. Would put us at about 22-25 losses. Never thought it would be possible this year. :man5:
basilhayden

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:33 am

FabFourLakers wrote:I also had us losing to Denver on Wednesday...but thing is we can't keep assuming we're going to lose on these back to backs....we have to start winning those if we wanna be an elite team. I think that as long as we're limiting TURNOVERS and getting back on defense, we won't get 126 pts scored on us like we did against Denver. Now if we come out and blow out the 76ers, I will start to believe that this team may be on its way up. But the real test will come next Friday against the Clippers, who could bring a 19 game winning streak into the game....what better way to stick it to our cross town foes by snapping their big winning streak and getting ourselves back on track in the process? We have a very tough stretch coming up...I think if we're able to come out of this 16 game stretch like 12-4, that'll be really good for our team. We need the starters to build chemistry and hopefully this stretch lets them do that. No nights off.....

The majority of b2b against above average opponents are going to be a loss ... we're an old team and the starters are playing too many minutes ... fortunately there aren't many of these b2b til the end of the season

@ SAS
@ Bulls
@ Nuggets
@ Hawks
@ Blazers

These are more "winnable"

@ Suns (twice)
@ Bobcats
@Bucks
wcsoldier81

Postby Finwë on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:25 pm

Lakers Nation ‏@LakersNation
Oh, and the Lakers have the Clippers, Nuggets, Rockets, Spurs & Thunder up next. They've already lost to all of those teams this season

Sub .500 team right now.
It's about to get REAL. Home games dropped to the likes of Philly, Orlando, Utah, Indiana and others are gonna feel worse and worse as the season progresses.. Losing to Cleveland.. Losing to the Kings..

If we don't make the playoffs, it's going to be CATASTROPHICALLY embarrasing.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:33 pm

my take on it is, if we can't get a roster that includes 4 future HOFers to click this far into the season, we have no business being in the playoffs anyways
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby 432J on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:35 pm

the 12-13 lakers
432J

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:42 pm

Finwë wrote:
Lakers Nation ‏@LakersNation
Oh, and the Lakers have the Clippers, Nuggets, Rockets, Spurs & Thunder up next. They've already lost to all of those teams this season

Sub .500 team right now.
It's about to get REAL. Home games dropped to the likes of Philly, Orlando, Utah, Indiana and others are gonna feel worse and worse as the season progresses.. Losing to Cleveland.. Losing to the Kings..

If we don't make the playoffs, it's going to be CATASTROPHICALLY embarrasing.

At the end of the day it's these idiots who are ruining their own legacy. I can just move on with my life :man10: The Lakers are important to me but not that important. If they miss the playoffs this year I'll be pissed but I'll get over it. It would make me happy to know these clowns will be destroyed by the media for a very long time though.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby noobiew on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:48 pm

I think this is true, everytime the Lakers go above .500 they automatically lose the next game.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby 432J on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:17 am

noobiew wrote:I think this is true, everytime the Lakers get to .500 they automatically lose the next game.

fixed
432J

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion