Lakers standing in Western Conf. Discussion

Re: Lakers standing in Western Conf. Discussion

Postby trodgers on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:59 am

calidoc75 wrote:We have the WORST road record out of any of the 16 playoff teams. Imagine if we at least were .500 on the road, we would be challenging the Spurs for 2nd in the west easily. oh well, time to buckle up and get some very winnable road wins over the next couple weeks...

We were 1-7 on the road to start the season. We have turned things around a bit in that regard.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Phil XI on Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:16 am

thkthebest wrote:Clippers are playing .500 ball without Billups. We should take the Pacific division, which guarantees us at least a 4th seed. A 3rd seed is within reach, which is really weird. I keep feeling like we're doing a lot worse.

Thought winning the Div meant at minimum a 3 seed?
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby gcclaker on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:35 pm

Lets Go Rockets! Let's Go Rockets! Let's Go Rockets!
Nor can the Lakers get blamed for always making the right decisions over decades. At some point its not just luck or "gamble", its superior management and superior ownership.
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:37 pm

gcclaker wrote:Lets Go Rockets! Let's Go Rockets! Let's Go Rockets!

Lol. I would love today if the Rockets pound the Clippers...so glad these guys have a BRUTAL schedule in March....here's to hoping they slip in the standings a bit and we can take sole control of the Pacific Division.
FabFourLakers

Postby trodgers on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:38 pm

Phil XI wrote:
thkthebest wrote:Clippers are playing .500 ball without Billups. We should take the Pacific division, which guarantees us at least a 4th seed. A 3rd seed is within reach, which is really weird. I keep feeling like we're doing a lot worse.

Thought winning the Div meant at minimum a 3 seed?

Guaranteed a top 4, not top 3.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby The Rock on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:39 pm

Need the Rockets to win!!

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby XXIV on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:40 pm

With the Clippers winning a close game they moved up back to third in the West. But it's still a close race between seeds 2-8. Hopefully the Lakers can get on a run and create some separation and secure at least the third seed.
XXIV

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:40 am

XXIV wrote:With the Clippers winning a close game they moved up back to third in the West. But it's still a close race between seeds 2-8. Hopefully the Lakers can get on a run and create some separation and secure at least the third seed.

We need that third seed for sure.
Lakerjones

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:49 pm

If things stayed as they are now I wouldn't mind the 4th seed since it means Memphis in the 1st round and we get HCA, however Dallas will more likely than not end up as the 4th or 5th seed so getting that 3rd seed is crucial to avoid a tough 1st round. Memphis, Houston, and Denver are all teams the Lakers should be able to beat in the 1st round.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby jlkr on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:10 pm

I'd like to see the Lakers get the 2nd or 3rd seed. 3rd is definitely achievable, 2nd depends on if the Spurs can keep their position relative to the pack. But the best thing about 2nd or 3rd seed is this: they get to avoid OKC until the WCF. At this point, everyone aside from OKC is beatable in the playoffs, but every bit of HCA they can get will help.

About OKC, we'd have to see the current improvement carry into the rest of the season. MWP is absolutely critical as he's the one who'll be guarding Durant, Gallinari, Gay, Butler, etc. We are pretty sure what we can expect from Bynum, Gasol and Kobe, but the team desperately needs MWP as Artest to maintain what he did against the Heat.
Some try to tell me
Thoughts they cannot defend...
--Hayward
jlkr

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:16 pm

I think OKC is a bit overrated, they aren't elite defensively and turn the ball over A LOT while also being average in the half court. They're still better than everyone in the West (although I'm surprised at how well the Spurs are playing without Manu) but I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose before the Finals.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby jlkr on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:27 pm

That overrated team blew the Lakers out the last time around. Circle March 29 for the rematch at Staples. We should have a better idea where the team is at that point.
Some try to tell me
--Hayward
jlkr

Postby jlkr on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:28 pm

Figure out the Lakers only play the Spurs twice this year. Both games will be in April. So they'll need some other teams to beat the Spurs.
Some try to tell me
--Hayward
jlkr

Postby Tobias Funke on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:31 pm

jlkr wrote:Figure out the Lakers only play the Spurs twice this year. Both games will be in April. So they'll need some other teams to beat the Spurs.

We play them three times in April.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:53 pm

jlkr wrote:That overrated team blew the Lakers out the last time around. Circle March 29 for the rematch at Staples. We should have a better idea where the team is at that point.

The Heat did too.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby LakerFan1235 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:02 pm

We really need that 2nd seed IMO. We could have home court until the conference finals, and we wouldn't have to go through the thunder until then if they make it. The thunder are our biggest threat. I definitely wouldn't wanna play the grizzlies in the first round, our best first round bet would be the rockets.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:51 pm

With Flop City losing to the Twolves (as I expected they would), the Lakers are now 1/2 game ahead of the Clips for the Pac Division lead....and now we're the 3rd seed. I believe we can catch the Spurs...gotta hope for a couple more losses from them....and we have 3 mtgs with them IN april. Those are gona be key.

I agree that we need the 2 seed...that'll give us HCA until the WCF if we get there. Also, we need for the Clippers and Mavs to stay in the 4th/5th seed area so they can beat each other and then possibly take out OKC.
FabFourLakers

Postby Musttang87 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:14 pm

This is me every time the Clippers lose.

I seriously don't think their fans understand the amount of racism and cheapness Sterling showed over the decades his owned them. They wouldn't care anyway, all Clipper fans are just Laker haters or bangwagoners since must see BG came to town.
Musttang87

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:22 pm

jlkr wrote:That overrated team blew the Lakers out the last time around. Circle March 29 for the rematch at Staples. We should have a better idea where the team is at that point.

Blew us out? :man10:

Did you watch the game or just look at the boxscore??
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby LakerFanIam on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:26 pm

Cluck the Flippers!!!
LakerFanIam

Postby Phil XI on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:55 pm

Wow, the Wolves won again? How's that return on investment looking now Saperstern?

Centerpiece 1A of the 'non-basketball reasoned' trade: Minnesota pick. Looking like potential for 13 - 17 range. Definitely not Top 5.

Centerpiece 1B: Eric Gordon. Missed most of season, and out for rest of year, and trade value reduced by injury.

Solid piece: Chris Kaman. Missed a lot of early games. Will walk for nothing or might bag you a 9th man and a 2nd rd pick.

Developmental piece: Al Aminu. Still developing.

Saperstern, you should fire yourself. Your GM'ing game is weak and your team is tuurribull..
Last edited by Phil XI on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby XXIV on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:57 pm

Both Dallas and the Clippers lost. :jam2:
XXIV

Postby dane99 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:05 pm

it does not matter who we play i just dont want to play memphis in he first round. scaryy team
dane99

Postby earvinfr on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:06 pm

Phil XI wrote:Wow, the Wolves won again? How's that return on investment looking now Saperstern?

Centerpiece 1A of the 'non-basketball reasoned' trade: Minnesota pick. Looking like potential for 13 - 17 range. Definitely not Top 5.

Centerpiece 1B: Eric Gordon. Missed most of season, and out for rest of year, and trade value reduced by injury.

Solid piece: Chris Kaman. Missed a lot of early games. Will walk for nothing or might bag you a 9th man and a 2nd rd pick.

Developmental piece: Al Aminu. Still developing.

Saperstern, you should fire yourself. Your GM'ing game is weak.

:jam2:
Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

Postby XXIV on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:07 pm

dane99 wrote:it does not matter who we play i just dont want to play memphis in he first round. scaryy team

Definitely. And for most of the year they weren't even healthy. Hopefully they play against OKC and knock them out so we can have HCA throughout the West (if we get the 2nd seed).
XXIV

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion