Lakers targeting LeBron James in 2014

Re: Lakers targeting LeBron James in 2014

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:58 pm

JSM wrote:
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 5h
Kobe Bryant told @SerenaWinters that he doesn't "think it's that big of a stretch" to think LeBron James will sign with the Lakers in 2014.

:man1:

Melo first... then LeBron... then Dirk Nowitzski... then re-sign Kobe and Gasol.

Win a ring.

Let the old guys retire...

Sign Love.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:01 pm

THEONE24 wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Jim Bust? Ugh.

Who knows what will happen this upcoming season? Wade looks like he's about to fall off. Bosh has been turned into a shadow of himself.

LeBron might not want to stick around over there. It might also sound weird, but he could also make even more money here as a Laker than as a Heat.

And if he gets to choose who he wants to play with, that'll be an interesting pitch. LeBron would at least entertain the idea.

And if the best player in basketball becomes available, you of course make him a pitch. Is he coming? Odds are that he won't. But he'll think about it and the Lakers can make him a great pitch/offer.

let's see how big Lebron's ego is...

offer him more money, give him the choice to pick a running mate and give him the opportunity to lead THREE different teams to the Finals

LeBron won't play under Kobe's shadow. The only way i can see him playing for the Lakers is if Kobe retire next season or gets amnesty, and we both know either one won't happen. The Lakers have a greater chance of getting Carmelo Anthony because he and Kobe are friends.

LOL. Kobe's contract is up next season and can resign for however much he pleases.

Lebron won't have to play under Kobe's shadow, Kobe will be giggling from the bench of not having to play 48 minutes a game while Lebron and Melo blow out whatever team they're playing.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:09 pm

therealdeal wrote:
JSM wrote:
Kobe Bryant told @SerenaWinters that he doesn't "think it's that big of a stretch" to think LeBron James will sign with the Lakers in 2014.

Melo first... then LeBron... then Dirk Nowitzski... then re-sign Kobe and Gasol.

Win a ring.

Sign Love.

Doing some early scouting for our 2014 1st rounder? Hopefully he pans out.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:13 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
JSM wrote:

Win a ring.

Sign Love.

No I'm going off of that quote about Dirk saying "who wouldn't love to play in LA" along with there being two dudes in their primes AND his buddy Nash AND Kobe...

Hell of a pitch, no?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:41 pm

therealdeal wrote:
JSM wrote:

Win a ring.

Sign Love.

It's really not that far fetched.. Except the part about Kobe retiring the same time as Dirk & Gasol.. Dirk will play maybe 2 more seasons, same for Pau.. Kobe is going for Kareem's record.. Won't be surprised at all to see him play 4-5 more seasons.
lakersin4

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:44 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
JSM wrote:

Win a ring.

Sign Love.

No I'm going off of that quote about Dirk saying "who wouldn't love to play in LA" along with there being two dudes in their primes AND his buddy Nash AND Kobe...

Hell of a pitch, no?

Who is this Dirk Nowitzski you speak of?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:56 pm

Am I spelling it wrong? I have no idea how to spell German...
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:30 pm

If the Lakers managed to sign LeBron and Melo, and Kobe took a pay cut to stay, all I could do would be laugh and shake my head in amazement. What else could you do if the Lakers got back on top that fast. Then imagine we get a solid pick in the 2014 draft, Pau stays for dirt cheap to be our "Bosh", we hang on to Hill and maybe Farmar if he has a good year, maybe Young signs on longer, free agents start coming to join these guys for the minimum like with Miami, ha ha now my Laker homerism is starting to kick back in.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:32 pm

Weezy wrote:If the Lakers managed to sign LeBron and Melo, and Kobe took a pay cut to stay, all I could do would be laugh and shake my head in amazement. What else could you do if the Lakers got back on top that fast. Then imagine we get a solid pick in the 2014 draft, Pau stays for dirt cheap to be our "Bosh", we hang on to Hill and maybe Farmar if he has a good year, maybe Young signs on longer, free agents start coming to join these guys for the minimum like with Miami, ha ha now my Laker homerism is starting to kick back in.

Isn't it crazy what happens when we start to get players signing here like we're, I don't know, the LAKERS.

Honestly as weird as it sounds having guys like Kaman, Farmar, and Nick Young sign here for cheap makes me think it's more possible that guys like Melo and LeBron come too. If those guys are willing to do it, the SUPERSTARS could DEFINITELY do it. The money they'd make... oh man... I can't even imagine.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:33 pm

Weezy wrote:If the Lakers managed to sign LeBron and Melo, and Kobe took a pay cut to stay, all I could do would be laugh and shake my head in amazement. What else could you do if the Lakers got back on top that fast. Then imagine we get a solid pick in the 2014 draft, Pau stays for dirt cheap to be our "Bosh", we hang on to Hill and maybe Farmar if he has a good year, maybe Young signs on longer, free agents start coming to join these guys for the minimum like with Miami, ha ha now my Laker homerism is starting to kick back in.

Even if we don't get Lebron & Melo.. Just getting Melo + a solid player + Dirk would be enough for Kobe to beat anyone. I feel like I should hate Dwight for leaving, but I feel like he did us a huge favor.
lakersin4

Postby The Rock on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:45 pm

lakersin4 wrote:

Even if we don't get Lebron & Melo.. Just getting Melo + a solid player + Dirk would be enough for Kobe to beat anyone. I feel like I should hate Dwight for leaving, but I feel like he did us a huge favor.

Im hoping Kyle Lowry. Hes not some big time player but he D's up well, hits 3s, not very pricey

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Armani on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:49 pm

This will never happen. LeBron's not leaving the Heat, and Kobe won't accept taking a backseat to LeBron.

It's fine to dream, though. :man10:
Armani

Postby gcclaker on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:50 pm

therealdeal wrote:

Isn't it crazy what happens when we start to get players signing here like we're, I don't know, the LAKERS.

Honestly as weird as it sounds having guys like Kaman, Farmar, and Nick Young sign here for cheap makes me think it's more possible that guys like Melo and LeBron come too. If those guys are willing to do it, the SUPERSTARS could DEFINITELY do it. The money they'd make... oh man... I can't even imagine.

Well IF that fantasy were to come true, I can imagine the other owners calling the retired Stern screaming "I thought this CBA with all this parity s**t is supposed to work?!"
Nor can the Lakers get blamed for always making the right decisions over decades. At some point its not just luck or "gamble", its superior management and superior ownership.
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:54 pm

gcclaker wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Well IF that fantasy were to come true, I can imagine the other owners calling the retired Stern screaming "I thought this CBA with all this parity s**t is supposed to work?!"

And if they did I can picture Stern smiling his little weasel smile and saying "well, we tried, I guess you just can't keep the Lakers down". :mhihi:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby DarthRekal on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:55 pm

History Reasons :man9:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:58 pm

The Rock wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:

Im hoping Kyle Lowry. Hes not some big time player but he D's up well, hits 3s, not very pricey

My "non star" players I want us to go after are Larry Sanders, Vasquez, Harrison Barnes.. Only if we can get them at a value though.. I think Larry Sanders will be the cheapest elite shotblocker/rebounder we can get.. He's likely to only get something in the 7-10M range & he's one of the best defensive bigs in the league & young.
lakersin4

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:02 pm

Weezy wrote:
gcclaker wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

And if they did I can picture Stern smiling his little weasel smile and saying "well, we tried, I guess you just can't keep the Lakers down". :mhihi:

I don't know if the world would allow the kind of luck and circumstance it'd take to get those two here, but if it did I'd cry with joy. :man10:

And yes the other owners would lose their minds over it. :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby OX1947 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:08 pm

Lebron brand triples in the Laker uniform.
OX1947

Postby Finwë on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:50 pm

therealdeal wrote:Am I spelling it wrong? I have no idea how to spell German...

It's Nowitzki
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion