Lakers to work out BYU star Travis Hansen

Lakers to work out BYU star Travis Hansen

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu May 29, 2003 3:53 pm

Source - http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,505036405,00.html

Today, Hansen is working out for the Los Angeles Lakers.

"Chad Ford of NBA Insider (ESPN) calls Hansen a more complete player than Duke's Dahntay Jones, who is considered the best athlete in the draft. Quoting an NBA personnel director, Ford wrote: "Jones is an amazing athlete, but what amazed us is how well Hansen hung with him. I'll be shocked if Hansen isn't drafted in the first round. Jones may too. They're both playing really well."

Thoughts?
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 29, 2003 4:37 pm

Sounds intruiging enough, I will read about the kid and get back 2u with a more educated opinion, soon...
Snakell Beast

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 29, 2003 4:46 pm

I just read all about the kind and I would take him with the #24 pick, seriously because he sounds like the kinf of offense/defense minded player to give us some real depth on our roster. Imagine having him as our Kobe back up and thusly trading Rush, Madsen and Horry for Ratliff and Terry and using the MLE on Howard. Then we could have a deep and talented team set to break NBA records...because he is a goal oriented, HARD WORKING, EVER IMPROVING and DEFENSIVELY TALENTED prospect with a 39 inch verticle, good size (6'6 210 [can gain 20 lbs of muscle too]) and all around ability. We can't afford to gamble on anyone and this kid sounds like the real deal, an american Ginobili...
Snakell Beast

Postby Danny Ainge on Thu May 29, 2003 8:40 pm

Having an athlete would be nice. They seem to boost the crowd with their exciting dunks. As much as I hate Ruben Patterson, he is one hell of an athlete.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Reddy on Fri May 30, 2003 5:35 am

lets add to the devean goeroge owned athletisim!
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Travis is good!!!!

Postby LakersEvent.com on Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:23 pm

I am actually a BYU student, and I have been able to see him play excellent ball for the last couple of years. He reminds me of a more-athletic Casey Jacobson. He is one of those players who just always happens to be where the action is on the court. It is a difficult skill to describe, and even more difficult to attain. Simply stated, he is a winner. He hustles, plays smart, and is a good(not great yet) shooter. His athleticism and decision-making could boost the Lakers off of the bench.

LakersEvent.com

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:38 pm

If we get enough quality players from the draft (picks and undrafted free agents) we might be able to use our MLE on a player of ANY position, and we might wind up, like SA has, with a very deep team, if we evaluate talent properly...and I think it starts with selecting Travis Hansen @ #24 and hoping Travis Outlaw is available (or David West) @ #32...
Snakell Beast

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:37 pm

You're convincing me with your idea of Hansen at 24 and Outlaw at 32, Snake. At first I wasn't sure, but with the articles I have read about the two , hopefully we can get them both at those pics. Hopefully, Outlaw doesn't get picked up earlier than 24.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:20 pm

If he does get selected before #32 we should still have Darius Rice or Tommy Smith to draft, or even David West...We might have to settle for a bigger project, but we WILL get some talent if we do our jobs...
Snakell Beast

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:14 am

SNAKELL damn.. we should be talent scouts... LOL

Out of hundreds of prospects out there... we have selected the same bunch of talents...

its like your reading my mind..... hehehe... now about jeanie buss... lol

KOBE OUR REAL MVP :bow:
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 15, 2003 11:39 am

Travis Hansen is sounding better and better as day each passes before the draft. We should really consider taking this guy. He is a good character player, works hard, very athletic, and quick. I like the comparisons of some people with him and Manu Ginobli. If we can get him at 32, then I'll be very happy.
Last edited by Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby swolswol on Sun Jun 15, 2003 1:39 pm

I saw a mock draft that had boris diaw droping to the 24th spot if we could get that at 24 and then maybe Tommy Smith or Mario Austin at 32 ................. that would be nice ............... another to consider at 24th selection would be Malick Badiane he had some incredible work outs and has been slotted anywhere from 15 to 29 what do you guys think :man1: [/b]
swolswol

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:23 pm

This is the first time I've heard about Malick. What's the info on him?????
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Trojan Warrior on Sun Jun 15, 2003 4:43 pm

Does anybody have info about who the lakers are working out for the draft and who they might be interested in. I dont think Hansen would be their first round pick. Maybe their second but not first.
Trojan Warrior

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:10 pm

I hoping that Hansen will fall to our 32nd pick. That would be a steal, getting a real good character person and an athletic player. One thing about Hansen with the reports from various mock drafts is that he is a very hard worker. With Kobe and Hansen, then I know for sure that no other team can outwork us.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby swolswol on Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:44 am

To answer your question Kobe_One here is some of the info from Malik's workouts .......... the espn mock draft has him going 29th to the Mavs but if his workout was this good i dont see him droping past 24

:man4: "Badiane is an impressive physical specimen. He's a 19-year old, 6-foot-11, 234-pound power forward with a 7-foot-4½ wing span and a 32½-inch vertical jump. His body is already ripped, and his frame suggests he could easily bulk up to 250 without losing any speed or agility.

At one point Lichter takes a huge cord that looks like a giant rubber band, ties one end around his waist and the other around Badiane's waist. He then tells Badiane to attack the basket and dunk the ball. As Badiane fights to get there, Lichter is pulling the band in the opposite direction.

Badiane is grunting with each fierce dunk.

"Again!" Lichter shouts as he yanks the cord. Badiane jumps, Lichter pulls. Badiane stretches toward the rim, Lichter keeps pulling.

About 40 NBA scouts and GMs are in the gym. None of them are talking to each other. They're all staring, jaws agape.
"I told you," the international scout said. "That is an NBA workout. He just earned himself a lot of bread." :man4: [/b]
swolswol

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:54 am

Malick Badiane
http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/malickbadiane.htm

After reading his strength and weaknesses it sounds like another SOMALIA SAMAKI.... lol

Mario Austin is another question mark. He is listed 6'8" but I want to know his official height. He might be a little small in the western conference to play powerfoward at his height.

what does anyone think of Uche Nsonwu-Amadi
http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/uchensonwuamadi.htm
he sounds interesting. Mitch should work him out.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby swolswol on Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:03 am

The link you posted had Malik going 18th to New Orleans. and Uche going 43rd to Milwaukee but hey im just observer
swolswol

Postby swolswol on Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:23 am

The link you posted had Malik going 18th to New Orleans. and Uche going 43rd to Milwaukee but hey im just observing
swolswol

Travis Hansen

Postby obfxkg21 on Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:13 am

If this guy is good, how come he didn't end up on a great team of All-Americans. I definitely see how Dahntay Jones plays, one of the most athletic players I've seen yet. Lakers should stick with Dahntay.
obfxkg21

obfxkg21's question

Postby Trojan Warrior on Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:23 pm

Why did Malick Badiane not make the ALL-American team? was that really your question obfxkg21? Well I dont know why he didnt. Well maybe its because he is from Senegal and NOT america. That would probably be the main reason i guess. I bet you he would make the ALL-Senegal team.
Trojan Warrior

Postby swolswol on Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:49 pm

i agree but we can get D Jones at #32 spot if you get
Malik (24)
D Jones (32)
your doin alright........ my only question is why Chris Duhon is not rated on any boards, he was considered a far superior defender at the point that Jay Williams when they were both at Duke, our points have been getting murdered for the better part of three years his jumper needs work but so dose TJ Ford and he is sloted to anywhere for 4 to 6 in the draft[/b]
swolswol

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:09 pm

if MITCH is smart he would stay away from Dahntay Jones. DUKE players do HORRIBLE in the NBA with the excemption of Grant Hill. Duke players just do not pan out in the pro league.

Lets get either Travis Outlaw and or Travis Hansen
http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/travisoutlaw.htm
http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/travishansen.htm

I say we should also take a look at this guy "Uche Nsonwu-Amadi"
check out his strengths:
http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/uchensonwuamadi.htm
looks enticing but is a project.
#1_Kobe_fan

to Trojan Warrior

Postby obfxkg21 on Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:30 pm

Trojan Warrior, i don't give a crap about your guy from Senegal, I was referring to Travis Hansen.
obfxkg21

Return to Lakers Discussion