Latest Howard (YAWNS) News...

Latest Howard (YAWNS) News...

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:03 am

Looks like the Pistons are seriously after him according to the Detroit News website. They have offered him their MLE. Also mentions the lakers wanting howard, but only if negotiation fail with Alonzo Mourning.

http://www.detnews.com/2003/pistons/0307/04/c01-209751.htm
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby lakers frizzo on Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:48 am

i like the idea of a healthy alonzo mourning in purple and gold but the guy hasnt played much in two years. juwan howard would be a good pickup because he can step in and become the third scoring option we didnt have all last year. i guess my first question for alonzo is how he is health wise and if the answer is even 80 percent i say zo would be exactly what we need to put us over the top cause last time i checked zo would have been the first pick in the 92 draft if there wasnt a guy named shaq those two in the middle would mean nobody could post on us for the next four or five years and with kobes d and the rest of the team all we would need is to resign horry at a vet min and pick up a good pg and back to the finals and homecourt advantage we go!!!!!!
is shaq satisfied with three titles and continuing to blow up to 400 lbs or will he get the other hunger back and get down to 320 and win three more?? GO LAKERS 2004-06 CHAMPS!!!
lakers frizzo

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:49 am

Alonzo would be a great addition. Just imagine a twin tower combo we can put in the floor with Shaq and Zo.

However, I'm not buying till I know that he is totally healthy and able to be competetive for a whole season. We don't need him to play starter minutes, but just contribute the same way Bill Walton contributed to the Celtics in 1986, when he won the Sixth Man award.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby SWOL on Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:11 pm

dont see it.......Cuban is offer better jack
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

:

Postby JSM on Fri Jul 04, 2003 8:04 pm

I agree Zo will end up in Dallas, and I don't think Howard will go to Detroit. That would make no sense, they already addressed their need for a PF in the draft, they wouldn't get a PF in the free agency. If they were going to get Howard or another PF they would have gotten Carmelo instead of Milicic. Rumors now speculate that Howard will go to the T-Wolves.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Return to Lakers Discussion