Lets all give it up to " MITCH KUPCHAK "

Lets all give it up to " MITCH KUPCHAK "

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:18 pm

I was optimistic about news of the LAKERS acquiring PAYTON....
I didn't think MITCH had enough pull to get the job done.. he has proven me wrong. Mitch is officially a LAKER GM.. he has pulled off one of the best moves of the summer since the days of WEST when he pulled SHAQ & KOBE that summer. All we need now is PAYTON's john hancock on PAPER and we are set. KARL MALONE would just be icing on the cake!!!!
Thanks to MITCH with the aid of J.WEST... the LAKERS have just assembled a DREAM TEAM LINE-UP FILLED WITH HALL OF FAMERS!!!!

This proves that there are more people like RICK FOX in this world who opted to persue a DREAM!!!!

On Behave of the CLUB LAKERS we all thank your hard work MITCH!!!!!

NOW LET THE 2003-2004 SEASON BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by #1_Kobe_fan on Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:22 pm

I'm excited.

Mitch has totally shocked me.

Finally, he grew a brain!!!!!

Nice job Mitch on the work and effort!!!!

When is the first day of ticket sales???????
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:36 pm

How about the Kings? This adds a ton of pressure to a franchise whose championship window is closing. They probably thought they could take the summer off, bank on getting everyone healthy and add a few parts to the end of the bench. But if the Lakers are adding bazookas, the Kings better not shop for cap guns. It's time to look into trades seriously, to see what kind of upgrade you can get for some combination of Hedo Turkoglu, Doug Christie, Bobby Jackson and Scot Pollard.

source: http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/sean ... 30708.html

JERRY WEST did a wonderful job GROOMING MITCH!!!!!! I got to hand it to him!!!
Last edited by #1_Kobe_fan on Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:37 pm

Go read my article defending Mitch right after they lost. All those people for saying Kupchak's an idiot.

Now what?
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:00 pm

I can't deny how much I bashed Mitch in the past. But I always gave him that benefit of the doubt. I knew he wanted to do the right thing and let all the original members who were on the roster for the whole three year ride to the championship, have at least a chance in being part of a historical Four-peat. That is why Mitch gave George the MLE last summer. Even though I was not happy at that decision, I couldn't help but think that it would not be right to have Devean evolve from just a bench stud the first year of championship to actually contributing for one in our third championship run. Instead of contributing this time, George could be one of the focal reasons why we would win a fourth and that was rightfully entitled to him by Kupchak. So I know that is why Kupchak in large part stood pat with the roster that he had, so that they had a chance to finish what they started, together. After we lost though, I told myself that if Mitch wanted to prove that the GM position in LA was securely held by him, he would have to get to work and find a formula that would work. It is safe to say now, that West definitely can be proud of his apprentice and so can all the fans.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Reddy on Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:19 pm

:man11: good job mitch! :man12:
Now who can doubt we have da rings? EH? :D
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Laker brain on Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:24 pm

mitch is now a true GM
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:28 pm

lol!! I dont know why so many people were all over him negativly... I never blamed our elimination on him, but the way the players played...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:33 pm

Actually I blamed our loss to the Spurs on the refs!!!

Then Shaq!!!! :man10:

Sorry Big Fella!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Neumatics on Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:57 pm

Sorry, but these moves were a no brainer. It wasn't genius insight on Mitch's part. He used the cred that the Lakers gained with a Jerry West built team to sign players who want to win a championship. When Shaq is gone, and the Shaq dynasty is truly over, then we'll see how good of a GM Mitch truly is.
Neumatics

Postby BDG on Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:07 pm

I have to admit that I was a Mitch basher. However, after this offseason, he can possibly be recognized as one of the top GMs of all time.

Look at our lineup.

4 Hall of Famers.

Mitch you're a pimp!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:36 pm

Let me quote myself from my article written on June 3, 2003.

So yes, the former champions have been dethroned. Give your props to San Antonio, but more importantly, give your props to Kupchak. Yes, Kupchak, as in Mitch Kupchak, the Lakers General Manager. From what I am hearing, people are really blaming him for this year’s playoff loss. Why so much hatred? He kept the core of the team together, and kept the role players entwined.

He owed it to the team to keep them in tack. If Horry’s Game 5 buzzer beater is one inch shorter, Kupchak is still probably a genius…right? They deserved the chance to stay together, win, lose or draw.

Now, he will bring in the youth, athleticism, and the firepower we need. Don’t blame him, he didn’t tear the core apart, he kept the Lakers together, and as you have all seen, we’ve started an extremely successful dynasty.

Thank you doubters, I knew all along :man12:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Return to Lakers Discussion