I'd like to see Matt Barnes play with Nash

Re: I'd like to see Matt Barnes play with Nash

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:01 pm

I really have no idea why this board has a facination with old players. It's almost comical. Anytime there's some old player available, most of you go ga ga. Like for Arenas or Hill or K. Thomas, etc. The list goes on and on. I mean this is a young man's game for the most part. That's one of our biggest issues, way too old and not enough athleticism.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:14 am

Barnes would've been a much better fit for this team over Artest. He is exactly what this team needs. A live body who can run the floor, slash to the basket, go after loose balls and do all the dirty work. He is having a heck of an impact with the Clips this year.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby therealdeal on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:25 am

Barnes sucked as a Laker twice in the playoffs. He still sucks from outside, shooting a worse percentage than he did with us. He fouls more and he takes more shots in more minutes.

The dude is playing with an athletic team now, that's where he thrives. Moving on from him was a good move from the FO. The bad move was NOT signing Pietrus when we had the chance.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:30 am

therealdeal wrote:Barnes sucked as a Laker twice in the playoffs. He still sucks from outside, shooting a worse percentage than he did with us. He fouls more and he takes more shots in more minutes.

The dude is playing with an athletic team now, that's where he thrives. Moving on from him was a good move from the FO. The bad move was NOT signing Pietrus when we had the chance.

Yeah, his outside shooting is inconsistent at best. But that's not his main assests. But you ever think the problem is that our team lacks athleticism and he has no one who can run with him? You look at the league today and it's about athleticism more than ever. And no, i'm not discounting skills and team play, etc. To say he didn't fit because he's athletic suggests me to this team has a weakness.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:38 am

Only thing Barnes did well for us was hustle and slash. Everything we're getting from Jamison right now with Jamison actually able to hit threes.

Not the most consistent at the moment, but he's getting there.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:44 am

lakerfan2 wrote:Only thing Barnes did well for us was hustle and slash. Everything we're getting from Jamison right now with Jamison actually able to hit threes.

Not the most consistent at the moment, but he's getting there.

Run the floor in a system that completely lacks the legs? Go after loose balls? Go after rebounds? Hustle? Slash? Move without the ball? Jamison is a 55 year old player, he can't do none of these. Sometimes the difference between winning and losing is small. Sometimes it's the little things that matter. Barnes did the little things that help you win. I can openly admit he didn't play up to his potential but i always felt him or Ariza were better fits over Artest. Artest is the anti-fast break. Anti-jump passing lanes. Anti-move without the ball. Anti-offensive flow. He is the most unathletic 3 in the NBA and it's not even close. He hurts this team more than helps it IMO.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Weezy on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:50 am

Matt Barnes is no longer a Laker, no point in discussing what could have been about a guy that plays for the Clippers now.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion