Line up change

Line up change

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:46 pm

First I want to say I have no confidence in Mike D'Antoni. Since he's taken over the offense is at a stand still. Things ran much smoother under Bickerstaff. They scored more points and looked decent defensively. With that being said D'Antoni is the coach can't change that. So from what I've been seeing since he's taken over is that Pau can't be on the floor at the same time as Howard. Time to bench Pau & at least change the line up to fit what D'Antoni does. So I have two I think will work. 1) Duhon, Bryant, World Peace, Jamison, Howard or 2) Duhon, Meeks, Bryant, World Peace, Howard. Both of these line ups will help Howard work down low because we can space the floor and run with both line ups & defend better because Pau won't be in to miss rotations & give up rebounds he already has in his hands. Pau becomes Howards back up, will do fine playing against second units. Any thoughts?
Lakerfantilidie

Re: Line up change

Postby JGC on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:47 pm

Lakerfantilidie wrote:First I want to say I have no confidence in Mike D'Antoni. Since he's taken over the offense is at a stand still. Things ran much smoother under Bickerstaff. They scored more points and looked decent defensively. With that being said D'Antoni is the coach can't change that. So from what I've been seeing since he's taken over is that Pau can't be on the floor at the same time as Howard. Time to bench Pau & at least change the line up to fit what D'Antoni does. So I have two I think will work. 1) Duhon, Bryant, World Peace, Jamison, Howard or 2) Duhon, Meeks, Bryant, World Peace, Howard. Both of these line ups will help Howard work down low because we can space the floor and run with both line ups & defend better because Pau won't be in to miss rotations & give up rebounds he already has in his hands. Pau becomes Howards back up, will do fine playing against second units. Any thoughts?

They also ran better under Bickerstaff because we played the local church team a bunch of times basically. I bet you or I could coach the Lakers to a win against Detroit. Big whoop.

Changing lineups with this group is like taking a pair of underwear with pee all over the front, crusty poop in the back and wearing it backwards. Same shizz different orientation.
JGC

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:01 pm

JGC wrote:
Lakerfantilidie wrote:First I want to say I have no confidence in Mike D'Antoni. Since he's taken over the offense is at a stand still. Things ran much smoother under Bickerstaff. They scored more points and looked decent defensively. With that being said D'Antoni is the coach can't change that. So from what I've been seeing since he's taken over is that Pau can't be on the floor at the same time as Howard. Time to bench Pau & at least change the line up to fit what D'Antoni does. So I have two I think will work. 1) Duhon, Bryant, World Peace, Jamison, Howard or 2) Duhon, Meeks, Bryant, World Peace, Howard. Both of these line ups will help Howard work down low because we can space the floor and run with both line ups & defend better because Pau won't be in to miss rotations & give up rebounds he already has in his hands. Pau becomes Howards back up, will do fine playing against second units. Any thoughts?

They also ran better under Bickerstaff because we played the local church team a bunch of times basically. I bet you or I could coach the Lakers to a win against Detroit. Big whoop.

Changing lineups with this group is like taking a pair of underwear with pee all over the front, crusty poop in the back and wearing it backwards. Same shizz different orientation.

Bottom line, no change in starting line up, more of the same!!! Pau needs to go to the bench, if not Jamison in his place, start Hill in his place, at least his defense and hard play will make up for the poor floor spacing with him on the floor.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby trodgers on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:20 pm

A couple of games with a new coach and one or zero practices. It's tough to get a read on how well-suited we are for the offense and where we stand relative to it.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby JGC on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:25 pm

trodgers wrote:A couple of games with a new coach and one or zero practices. It's tough to get a read on how well-suited we are for the offense and where we stand relative to it.

Well, it's an easy read. We are extremely ill-suited and we stand eons from it. Haha.

The question is ... how long is it going to take? Haven't we heard the patience thing and excuse after excuse for over a year now?
JGC

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:14 pm

After watching tonights game I'm convinced Jamison should start over Pau. In this system looks like Pau best suited for Howards back up!
Lakerfantilidie

Postby Finwë on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:22 pm

Don't we have a lineup/rotations thread? or is this it?

I'm really digging Jamison getting big minutes. I also think we may be seeing Duhon get more of Morris' minutes

I don't think Pau needs to play off the bench, but we could rotate him ala Thabo Sefolosha in OKC: He starts, but sits early, and doesn't end up playing that many minutes, he's basically splitting them with Martin. In this case, Martin is Jamison, maybe Hill if 'Tawn is struggling, though I think Hill will mostly be playing backup for Howard, so his minutes will be reduced.

When the Steves come back, it's Nash and then it should be whoever earns minutes, if Duhon is more consistent I don't have ANY problem with Blake being the 3rd PG. And with Meeks showing he can flat out shoot it, I seriously doubt he'll get some backup 2 minutes like he did with Brown (UGH)
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby charvin on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:35 pm

I really liked how D'Antoni managed Gasol's minutes. Gasol came out in the first and third quarter around the 5:00 mark and ending with <30 minutes overall.
charvin

Postby Finwë on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:42 pm

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
D'Antoni said he wouldn't consider changing the starting line up "yet,"obviously wants to wait & see how everything works w/Nash.

I don't think there's a need to take Pau out of the starting lineup. You can achieve something similar by just cutting his minutes and playing Jamison in certain key stretches instead of him (if he's playing well), and it doesn't look as dramatic as taking him out of the starting lineup.
Being a starter doesn't mean playing a lot of minutes, like I said earlier, rotate him like OKC does with Sefolosha, maybe with a bit more minutes. 32 sounds right
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:46 pm

Finwë wrote:
Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
D'Antoni said he wouldn't consider changing the starting line up "yet,"obviously wants to wait & see how everything works w/Nash.

I don't think there's a need to take Pau out of the starting lineup. You can achieve something similar by just cutting his minutes and playing Jamison in certain key stretches instead of him (if he's playing well), and it doesn't look as dramatic as taking him out of the starting lineup.
Being a starter doesn't mean playing a lot of minutes, like I said earlier, rotate him like OKC does with Sefolosha, maybe with a bit more minutes. 32 sounds right

Good post Finwë. And good to hear that from D' Antoni. I think relegating Pau strictly to the bench will really hurt his psyche and won't help the team. But taking him out mid first quarter really helped. I really like D' Antoni's sub patterns thus far. He's doing that part of the gig extremely well, IMO.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:29 pm

I don't like to beat a dead horse but it's clear its time to bring in Duhon for Morris & Jamison for Pau. The floor spacing is terrible & defense atrocious. This change til Nash gets back is needed. Who cares who's feelings get hurt. We are getting in to a critical part of season where we need to start racking up some wins. If no change soon, this will be a disappointing season.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby gill on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:31 pm

Duhon was torched by Nelson in the 4th over and over. Morris won't do any better. At least one of the Steves needs to get back soon!

Pau has just checked out and needs to be Lamar Odom 2.0 at this point.
gill

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:38 pm

gill wrote:Duhon was torched by Nelson in the 4th over and over. Morris won't do any better. At least one of the Steves needs to get back soon!

Pau has just checked out and needs to be Lamar Odom 2.0 at this point.

True about Duhon, however at least he can hit an open jumper. Not defending Duhon but the whole team was terrible defensively. Lakers dont bring it every night and especially if they are playing a sub par team. The word has got out to come to play and u can steal one from the Lakers. By the way D'Antoni was outcoached tonight.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby quartzcharm on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:37 pm

A lineup change won't matter. As Chick would say..."The Lakers couldn't defend the sisters of mercy."
quartzcharm

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:41 am

I don't like starting Duhon because he may be our best backup PG. getting him comfortable in what his role for the season will be would be a huge plus. I'd keep Pau in the starting lineup but make him the De facto starter like Bynum was. I like Jamison in that LO role. Pau only played 28 minutes tonight. I think D'antoni is reducing the proper amount of minutes, he just has to figure out better rotations. For one I'd like to see Pau being saved for the 4th quarter up until the 2 minute mark to avoid hack a Dwight. Ron needs to be limited slightly. I'd like to see him around 30-32 MPG. I don't think we can rely on Ebanks so Meeks needs to be picking up those extra minutes with Kobe either getting a rest or sliding to SF.

He hasn't had much time to find units that work & he's without the player most responsible for his signing. The FO knows we need the allstar Steve Nash if we're going to get a ring this year. If D'antoni is able to give us that, the rest will work itself out. Don't underestimate the impact of a great player, especially one that might be handling the ball for most of the game.
lakersin4

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:25 pm

Looks like one of my proposed line ups will be seen tonight. As Pau is sitting out & Duhon will start over Morris. I think the spacing will be good and the Lakers will be hard to defend. Kobe Duhon Howard Jamison World Peace will be tonights starting line up. Even though this wasn't D'Antoni's decison to sit Pau it will be good to see how the change works out.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby XXIV on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:28 pm

Lakerfantilidie wrote:Looks like one of my proposed line ups will be seen tonight. As Pau is sitting out & Duhon will start over Morris. I think the spacing will be good and the Lakers will be hard to defend. Kobe Duhon Howard Jamison World Peace will be tonights starting line up. Even though this wasn't D'Antoni's decison to sit Pau it will be good to see how the change works out.

The ball movement should be better with Duhon in for Morris, but I'm both curious and worried to see how the second unit will perform with Jamison starting.
XXIV

Postby frankrj on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:39 pm

I'll get a whole lot of flack but I told ya'll Dwight isn't no savior having seen that beast in Orlando for 1 year in 2009. Anyway, Lakers need personnel changes. All you got is Kobe & Dwight. There is really no other threat. Nash is hurt & old He always had a bad back too. Jamison was never a defensive player & his offense is awkward as Artest's. That ain't no showtime Lakers. and Gasol is just himself.
It's a shame but it could still be done. Remember Houston in the 90s with a record barely above 500 winning it all but that team had some very good chemistry. Can Nash bring some chemistry? 2ndhaldf of season is when it really starts. NAsh is their best chance now since D'antoni is there.
frankrj

Postby JGC on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:18 pm

frankrj wrote:I'll get a whole lot of flack but I told ya'll Dwight isn't no savior having seen that beast in Orlando for 1 year in 2009. Anyway, Lakers need personnel changes. All you got is Kobe & Dwight. There is really no other threat. Nash is hurt & old He always had a bad back too. Jamison was never a defensive player & his offense is awkward as Artest's. That ain't no showtime Lakers. and Gasol is just himself.
It's a shame but it could still be done. Remember Houston in the 90s with a record barely above 500 winning it all but that team had some very good chemistry. Can Nash bring some chemistry? 2ndhaldf of season is when it really starts. NAsh is their best chance now since D'antoni is there.

Not sure if serious. Kobe and Dwight SHOULD be enough to be a contender, let alone a playoff team.
JGC

Postby XXIV on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:27 am

frankrj wrote:I'll get a whole lot of flack but I told ya'll Dwight isn't no savior having seen that beast in Orlando for 1 year in 2009. Anyway, Lakers need personnel changes. All you got is Kobe & Dwight. There is really no other threat. Nash is hurt & old He always had a bad back too. Jamison was never a defensive player & his offense is awkward as Artest's. That ain't no showtime Lakers. and Gasol is just himself.

If this team can get 100% healthy come playoff time I'll continue to believe we're a serious contender, regardless of what playoff seed we may be. I'm sure no team would want to face a team consisting of Kobe, Pau, Dwight, and Nash even if we were the eighth seed.
XXIV

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:37 pm

Anyone know why Metta got benched?
Lakerfantilidie

Postby abeer3 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:52 pm

wanted to see how many points ebanks can spot the other team to start a game?

answer: 7.

it's like the tootsie pop owl.
abeer3

Postby WilliamHaven on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:27 pm

Ebanks sucks. Not a very intelligent player. Having Ron play PF is not a good enough reason to suddenly start ebanks after barely ever playing him.
Move along ho, Super Lakers don't hang out with no skanks.
WilliamHaven

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:19 am

I think last nights line up change is D'Antoni's way of setting up what I feel is eventually going to happen. I think he's waiting for Nash to come back and if Pau don't work well with the starting line up with Nash he's going to be coming off the bench. By him sitting World Peace he's setting the table for this. This way Pau won't take it personal because his team mates had to do the same. Smart, very smart. Also from watching the rotations last night, looks like he's got it to where Pau will be in during Hack A Howard time, then Howard closes when the 2:00 minute mark comes. All good moves in my opinion.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby LooN3y on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:48 am

this is ridiculous, hes an NBA coach and he cant utilize 4 Hall Of Fame Talents? i mean god, i mean i bet ron ron can even be a a HOFer 30-40 years from now.

theres no problem starting gasol and howard, but the key is rotations, rotations.

and PJ did a good job of that, i mean how many times did we see drew and pau together? yes they started but it was much more of a odom tandem with those two than anything, and if the situation benefited us we'd stick with bynum and gasol our two towers.

i dont understand why we cant do that now. surely pringles might just be nothing but an ignorant idiot that won't tweak his system.

its really not that hard, when we need to space or speed get ron ron, or jamison at the 4, if we need size, go with out twin towers. i mean you got to be kidding me. same goes with our 3 situation, go with ebanks if we need some speed and borderline mediocre defense, need offense and a bit of size go wit jami. ridiculous

ridiculous, god i mean RUN if we have the opportunity or the situation fits, SLOW IT DOWN AND DO SOME HALF-COURT SETS IF THE SITUATION FITS WHAT IS THE BIG PROBLEM?

running and jacking up 3's and hoping it goes in isnt going to solve anything
LooN3y

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion